2. The Spartans improved to 6-2 as a No. 1 seed and 4-1 vs. No. 4 seeds. No. 1 seeds have won eight straight tournament games and reached the finals in eight of the last nine Big Ten Tournaments.
4 Michigan State, which trailed 20-9 at one point, matched the largest deficit (11) it has overcome in a win this year. The Spartans also came back from 11 down vs. Central Connecticut (12/7/11).
5. After starting the game 2-of-11 from the field, MSU hit 10 consecutive field goals over the next 10 minutes (13:32 to 3:35) and connected on 13 of its final 15 attempts to shoot 57.7 percent (15-of-26) in the first stanza.
6. MSU held the Badgers to no field goals and just five points over the final 10:13 of the first half, outscoring Wisconsin 26-5 over that span and taking a 35-25 lead into halftime.
7. The Spartans are 22-1 when leading at the half this season.
8. Michigan State shot 6-of-9 (.667) from three-point range and matched the best three-point field goal percentage in a Big Ten Tournament game. Northwestern turned in the same mark against the Spartans on 3/5/99.
9. Austin Thornton was a perfect 4-of-4 from distance, marking a career high for three-pointers.
10. Draymond Green turned in his Big Ten leading 19th double-double with 14 points and 16 rebounds, which tied the sixth-most rebounds all-time and broke his previous record for most rebounds (14) by a Spartan in a Big Ten Tournament game.
11. Green is now second on the MSU all-time rebounding list with 1,046 boards and tied for second with Scott Skiles for the most steals in Spartan history with 175.