Michigan State head coach Tom Izzo addressed the situation at the Sparrow Health Golf Classic in Lansing this week.
"He will probably - and I have to talk to him tonight - make a decision by the end of the week whether he's going to go to either one of those or he could still come back here," said Izzo.
"I think the whole time he's been leaning towards Vermont, its an hour and a half from (his) home, they get a lot of the TV stations from Montreal and that to make him feel a little closer (to home). They want him bad, I've talked to both coaches and I think either one would be a great situation for him."
"They're going to talk tonight and tommorrow and I would say he's going to have a decision due probably by the end of the week," said Izzo.
If Joseph was to transfer, that would free up another scholarship for Izzo to use or either pocket away for a future incoming recruit. The Spartans already have Cedar Springs standout Austin Thornton on with preferred walk-on status and he would likely be a candidate for Joseph's spot.
This free story is just an example of the great content you'll receive everyday when you become a GSN insider. Why not sign up for a free 7-day trial right now?