1. The Day's Overall MVP: Kansas City Parkview DT Ondre Pipkins. He's 6-1/6-2 and 300 pounds, and plays more like a DE than a DT -- fast and powerful. It seems like GBW was about the only media at the Army Combine who realized how good Pipkins was there ... this help prove his prowess. He's going to visit U-M and MSU in the summer - will this performance make him blow up nationally?
2. Best Quarterback of the two days: Mr. Shane Morris. Morris was one of the top two guys at the Elite 11 Tryout on Friday (with Gunner Kiel), and didn't let up on Saturday.
3. Top Unit overall: The Defensive Linemen.
-- Defensive Tackles
----- Mr. Pipkins
----- Sheldon Day ... he's a notch below Pipkins, but then again so is everyone ... he is still high on Michigan, but he wants to make a late decision - will it be too late?
----- Danny O'Brien had a top day as well, on a par with Day. He's at 300 pounds now. O'Brien and Day, BTW, are near-clones, 6-2-ish, 300-pounds-ish, good quickness for their size.
-- Defensive Ends ... all these guys had excellent days.
----- from Ohio, Adolphis Washington and Se'Von Pittman
----- a couple undersized guys (for DE's) who nonetheless impressed were U-M Commit Mario Ojemudia and South Bend's David Perkins - both are 6-2, 210-type kids with quickness and speed.
4. At QB, Gunner Kiel also had two excellent days, where Zeke Pike had a poor Friday but an excellent Saturday.
5. At LB, the best performer was U-M commitment James Ross. Allen Trieu said Biggs had a very good day - but not his best day. He was excellent in coverage and pursuit, but he took some snaps in pass-rush drills as well and was good-not-great there today ... and usually he is great.
-- good LB performance came from two rising juniors, Ft. Wayne IN Bishop Leuer's Jaylon Smith (6-2, 200 ... Bishop Leuers' QB James Knapke also had a good weekend), and Ohioan Ben Gedeon (6-2, 200).
6. At DB, Cleveland Glenville's CB/S Devan Bogard had a good-not-great day, kind've a quiet day
A better DB performance was Cass Tech's Ruben Lile (6-2, 180).
2013 Avon OH CB Ross Douglas (5-9, 170) also had an impressive day.
7. At WR, highly touted Dwayne Stanford was kind've ditto to Bogard -- he had a so-so- day, not showing top-notch speed on this day. BTW, he and teammate Adolphis Washington are going to decide late, and are considered a package-deal.
8. On the Offensive line, the top two performers were underclassmen:
-- Cass Tech's David Dawson (6-5, 300), the top O-Lineman on the day, and ...
-- Lemont Township IL Ethan Pocic (6-7, 290) who is raw but with potential .. .Lemont is David Molk's alma mater.
GBW Nike Wrapup
The Michigan Insider Top Stories
Missouri '18 CB: 'Michigan is No. 1 for sure'Lee’s Summit (Mo.) West 2018 cornerback Mario Goodrich: "Michigan is No. 1 for sure."
The Michigan Insider2:05 AM
Michigan making Georgia CB a top 'Priority'College Park (Ga.) Hapeville Charter 2018 CB Christopher Smith is building a bond with Jim Harbaugh and Michigan.
The Michigan InsiderYesterday at 5:19 PM
Texas DB Compares Himself to PeppersHouston (Tex.) Lamar defensive back D’Shawn Jamison isn’t one of the biggest defensive backs in the 2018 class, but that hasn’t stopped him from being regarded as one of the best.…
The Michigan InsiderYesterday at 4:07 PM
U-M visit draws high marks from DoyleThe Wolverines recently hosted one of top signal callers in the East with Washington (D.C.) St. Johns 2018 quarterback Kevin Doyle and he reflects back to his time spent in Ann…
The Michigan InsiderYesterday at 8:58 AM
Barnes lands long awaited offer from MichiganMichigan recently extended an offer out to one of the best linemen in the country in Apopka (Fla.) 2018 offensive tackle William Barnes. The Scout 100 offensive tackle talks about…
The Michigan InsiderYesterday at 5:16 AM