May 17, 2010-Addidas May Classic: day three rundown by Scout.com recruiting analyst Evan Daniels
- Daniels- Overall this 6-foot-9, 225-pound big man put together a pretty good weekend. We liked the effort he put forth and how hard he plays on both ends. On Sunday he finished around the rim, which was something we’d harped on him about this spring. McGary was a big reason SYF (AAU team) took home the 17’s crown.
September, 2010- -McGary transfers schools, leaving Chesterton to attend Wolfeboro (N.H.) Brewster Academy. He switches schools to bolster his grades and switches from 2011 class to 2012.
November 23, 2010- Stock Boosters: National Prep Showcase by Evan Daniels
- Daniels-He admitted that his move to Brewster and to the 2012 class had solely to do with his academic situation. He said he’s getting that in order. His game is also coming together as well. A 6-foot-9, 230-pound big man, McGary has a strong frame, moves well and is a solid athlete. He also certainly brings some effort to the table. On Saturday the motor was working and he was on the glass pretty hard. A number of high major programs have evaluated him and that’s the right level, now he just needs to get those grades right.
April 4, 2011- Swish N’ Dish: Top Performers by national recruiting analyst Brian Snow
- Snow- McGary is a re-classed member of the 2012 class, and is now showing that he will be one of the most heavily recruited players out there. With his size and strength he is excellent at taking his man off the dribble and scoring, and now he is looking more explosive athletically. SYF rode McGary all weekend long as they went far into the tournament, and with his improvements there is no question that he will be fielding a ton of recruiting calls.
May 3, 2011- Jayhawk Invitational: Top Performers by Brian Snow
- Snow-There is no player in the 2012 class who is doing more this spring to raise his stock than McGary. Once again he was flat out dominant. He got the best of every big guy that he faced, and was physical down low while also being skilled on the perimeter. Right now he is just scratching the surface, but it looks like everything is clicking for McGary and he is on a path to be a five-star in the rankings.
May 17, 2011- Addidas May Classic: Top Performers by Brian Snow
- Snow-Quite simply there was no answer in the entire event for McGary. He was able to dominate down low with his size and strength, and also showed a non-stop motor. No one dove on the floor for more loose balls or made more hustle plays than he did. Add in a few threes and some nice dunks, and it is easy to see why he is one of the premier players in the nation.
June 6, 2011- Best of the Best: Top Performers by Brian Snow
- Snow-It took McGary one game to really get it together, and once he did it was impressive to watch. He dominated on the low block with his size and strength and then stepped out and knocking some jumpers. McGary’s athleticism was able to bother offensive players, and also his ball handling is very underrated, especially for a player his size. Once he got going, no one in the camp could come close to containing McGary.
June 21, 2011- NBA Camp: Top Post Performers by Evan Daniels
- Daniels-His rise in the rankings was certainly warranted and up against the top guys in the country McGary didn’t waver. McGary, a 6-foot-10, 245-pound center, was aggressive, played with emotion and scored in a variety of ways. He runs the floor well, is active on both ends and showed a face up jump shot that caught defenders off guard. McGary averaged 12.3 points per game at camp.
June 28, 2011- Nike Skills Academy Recap by Scott Phillips
- Phillips-The meteoric rise of McGary continued at Amar’e Camp as he scored from all three levels and played very hard. It’s hard enough to stop Mitch around the basket or in the mid-range, but when he started dropping in three-pointers off of pick-and-pops, he was one of the most unstoppable scorers in Saturday’s session. His strong spring and summer keep on rolling.
July 9, 2011- McGary receives offers from Duke, UNC, and UK by Steve John
July 20, 2011- Video: Michigan a factor for McGary by Andre Barthwell
- McGary talks about Michigan visit in the interview: “It went great,” said McGary. “I really like the coaches. The coaching staff was real with me and I know people that are going there and that are there now. I can trust them in their decision as to whether a coach is cool or not.”
July 26, 2011- AAU Super Showcases: Day Three by Brian Snow
- Snow-As always, McGary showed that he is an elite level prospect. Going against a premier shot blocker like Nerlens Noel, McGary was able to finish inside, and then also had a few moves in transition showing off explosiveness and an ability to handle the ball that were impressive. McGary backs down from nobody, and really proved his worth with an impressive performance.
July 28, 2011- Michigan basketball making strong pitch to five-star big man by Sam Webb
- Webb - Few prospects have experienced the sort of meteoric rise that Wolfeboro (N.H.) Brewster Academy center Mitch McGary has. The Chesterton, Ind., native has gone from a high major project to the No. 4 big man in the class of 2012 in just over five months. His recruitment has similarly exploded with some of the country's most prominent now in hot pursuit.
August 2, 2011- Top performers 2nd Evaluation period part B by Brian Snow
- Snow-There is only so much more you can say about McGary at this point. He has had an incredible summer. McGary finished things off in style by dominating at the Super Showcase. He was impossible to stop on the block, and then also showed his nice face up game as well. With every coach in the country watching, McGary did not disappoint.
August 26, 2011- McGary Narrows his list by Brian Snow
- Duke, Maryland, Kentucky, North Carolina, Florida and Michigan make McGary final list.
September 3, 2011- McGary visits Michigan for his official visit.
- John Beilein's system could be deciding factor for 5-star Mitch McGary by Sam Webb - The Wolverines may not have the recent national championship success of their contemporaries, but they do possess a characteristic that could prove just as pivotal, if not more so. So too do a few other teams.
September 6, 2011- Mcgary visits North Carolina for his official visit.
September 10, 2011- McGary visits Duke for his official visit.
October 27, 2011- McGary announces his three finalist, Duke, Florida, and Michigan.
November 3, 2011-McGary set to announce his college choice
- Mitch McGary would be U-M's best 'the moment he walks on campus' by Sam Webb - The saga that is Mitch McGary’s recruitment is scheduled to officially come to an end Thursday at 5 p.m. on ESPNU.