Note: this is strictly our unofficial opinion of course.
Most Likely Five To Commit at Camp
1. Chris Rogers (Planned 2003 U-M Camper, 6-3, 240 lbs., 4.7 40, 340-lb. bench press, 3.3 GPA/950 SAT) from Wexford, Pa., North Allegheny (in western Pa.). Note: Chris visited U-M for the OSU basketball game Junior Day last February and was offered a scholarship at that time -- one of the very first offers given out. He told us in mid-March that he almost committed on the spot, that U-M was his big leader, and that he was coming to camp. Chris has been described by knowledgable persons to me as, "A hellacious player." There is a recent report on the TheInsiders PSU site that he may be coming to the U-M Camp to commit.
3. Will Johnson (Pllanned 2003 U-M Camper, U-M Nike stats: 6-4.5, 278 lbs, 5.15 40, 30 bench press reps., 27.9 inch vertical, 4.56 sec. Shuttle … 425 lb. Bench press 3.8 GPA/qualified) from Lake Orion, Mich. Note: He has a U-M offer, U-M is his leader, and he is definitely attending.
2. - Charles Stewart (Planned 2003 U-M Camper, U-M Nike stats: 6-1 1/2, 188 lbs., 4.47 in the 40) from Farmington Hills, Mich., Harrison. If he has a strong showing at camp (as he had at the U-M Nike Camp, he may well get a U-M offer. And if offered he may well commit.
4. Alan Branch (Planned 2003 U-M Camper, 6-6, 300 lbs., 5.2 in the 40, 4.65 in the shuttle, 2.5 GPA/17 ACT) from Albuquerque, New Mexico, Cibola. If he is made to feel comfortable at U-M academically during camp, he may just commit. He has been in Detroit for several days before camp, and is definitely attending. He has a U-M offer and U-M is his leader; his parents are from Detroit, and his mom went to U-M for a year.
5. Roger Allison (Planned 2003 U-M Camper, U-M Nike stats: 6-1 1/2, 229 lbs., 27 bench press reps.) from Lake Orion, Mich. Note: see Charles Stewart above: the same holds for Allison.
And an 'alternate': Alex Mitchell (Planned 2003 U-M Camper, 6-4, 310 lbs.) from Bay City, Mich., Central. Ditto with Charles Stewart and Roger Allison above.
Do 'The Stars Portend' Five Commits?
The Michigan Insider Top Stories
Speight: Orange Bowl has magnitudeDespite not achieving the goals set forth at the beginning of the season, Michigan quarterback Wilton Speight sees the opportunity the Orange Bowl presents his team later this…
The Michigan InsiderYesterday at 4:29 PM
U-M loses CFP 'Opportunity,' focused on FSUMichigan players admit lost College Football Playoff "opportunity," look forward to FSU.
The Michigan InsiderYesterday at 4:21 PM
Michigan to face FSU in Orange BowlNo. 6 Michigan to take on No. 11 Florida State in the Capital One Orange Bowl on Dec. 30.
The Michigan InsiderYesterday at 11:42 AM
Michigan left out of CFP, drops to No. 6Michigan left out of the College Football Playoff, drops to No. 6 in final rankings.
The Michigan InsiderYesterday at 9:15 AM