Last year Zak Irvin could have been called the microwave. Much like former Detroit Pistons reserve Vinnie Johnson, Irvin was hot from the moment he touched the floor. The unique aspect of Irvin's production, however is he scored the overwhelming majority of 6.7 points per game from long range.
- Had 73 percent of offense come from long range -- 62 triples on 85 total field goals
- Shot 42.5 percent (62-for-146) from three-point range
- Second on the team with 62 triples
- Had three-or-more three-pointers in eight games
- Had a career-best six three-pointers against Coppin State
Now Irvin is determined to bring much more to th offensive table from inside the arc.