But keeping his current recruiting class together for him or for whoever coaches next season is vital to the program’s success.
So far most of his class is staying put -- at least for the time being anyways.
On Monday, Hoke and his staff took another hit, when four-star cornerback Garrett Taylor de-committed from the Wolverines’ 2015 class. He’s is the fifth player to de-commit since January, along with former commits Damien Harris, George Campbell, Shaun Crawford and Darian Roseboro.
However, despite the losing and players looking elsewhere, Hoke still has the same message to current and potential recruits.
“I don’t think I’ve said anything that I haven’t said in previous years,” Hoke said on his message to recruits. “We got a great place here. We got, in my opinion, the best university in the country when you look at what does for you after football. I think the same way, competitiveness, from a football standpoint. Most of the kids are going to be committed to what this place has to offer.”
In the meantime, Michigan (3-5, 1-3 Big Ten) next plays host to Indiana (3-4, 0-3) this Saturday at 3:30 p.m.
Related Stories:New Student Ticket Plan Announced
Related Stories:Michigan Makes Multiple Student Concessions
Related Stories:U-M President Hears Calls for Change
Are Michigan Regents Taking Aim at the A.D.?
Students “Let Up” on Kickoff Boycott
Student Protest Ratcheting Up a Notch
Are These Humbling Times for Michigan’s AD? ”
Michigan AD Says Hoke “Not Accountable”
Tides of Frustration Raging in Ann Arbor
Brandon: Morris Has Probable, Mild Concussion
SAAC Speaks up for Brandon
U-M President Offers Latest Apology
Michigan Students Protest Athletic Department