Recap courtesy of MGoBlue.com
• Michigan has improved its team average in each weekend this season. After opening the season with a .212 effort at the USF Softball Classic (Feb. 7-8), U-M hit .305 at the Unconquered Invitational (Feb. 13-15) and .360 -- with 19 extra-base hits, including nine home runs -- at last weekend's Easton Bama Bash.
• Eight different Wolverines have recorded home runs this season. U-M knocked out multiple homers in four of five games at the Bama Bash.
• Junior rightfielder Kelsey Susalla was named Big Ten Co-Player of the Week and the Easton Bama Bash Tournament MVP after hitting .412 (7-for-17) and slugging 1.059 with three doubles, a triple and two home runs over the five-game weekend.
• Junior Sierra Romero hit .545 (6-for-11) at last weekend's Bama Bash and leads the Wolverines with a .455 average this season. She has reached base in each of the last 13 games, boasting a .612 on-base percentage.
• Romero knocked out her eighth career grand slam in the tournament finale against James Madison to claim sole possession of Michigan's program record in the category. With 44 career home runs, she needs just three more to reach the fourth spot on U-M's leaders list, currently held by Ashley Lane (47, 2010-13). Romero also moved to ninth among the Wolverines' all-time RBI leaders with 158.
• After going hitless over the first two weekends of competition, sophomore third baseman Lindsay Montemarano hit .429 (6-for-14) at the Bama Bash with two home runs and four RBI.
• Michigan's pitching staff combined for a 0.90 earned-run average at the Bama Bash, totaling 20 strikeouts and just five runs and 19 hits allowed. The Wolverines held No. 3 Alabama to just three runs over two games.
• Senior LHP Haylie Wagner surpassed 400 strikeouts in her collegiate career, fanning five over her two Bama Bash appearances to up her career total to 401. She is the second Wolverine to surpass 400 strikeouts this season; senior RHP Sara Driesenga also upped her total to 405 last weekend. The duo ranks 10th and 11th among U-M's all-time stirkeout leaders. Nicole Motycka (2001-05) owns the ninth spot with 416 strikeouts.