Video Preview Above
Game notes below courtesy of MGoBlue.com
• Iowa comes to Michigan Wolverines having lost its last four straight games and five of its last six.
• Iowa averages 78.8 points and 38.4 rebounds per game. The Hawkeyes are shooting 45.2 percent from the field and allowing their opponents to shoot 41.5 percent.
• Iowa is led by four seniors who have combined to make up 56 percent of the Hawkeye offense. Jarrod Uthoff leads the Hawkeyes in points (18.4), rebounds (6.4) and blocks (78, 2.7). Mike Gessell is scoring 8.2 points per game and a team-best 6.0 assists per game, Adam Woodbury averages 7.9 points and a team-best 8.4 rebounds per game and Anthony Clemmons has averaged 9.2 points and 3.5 assists per game.
• Junior guard Peter Jok gives Iowa two double-figure scorers with his 16.0 points per game. Jok leads Iowa with 69 three-point field goals.
EARLIER THIS SEASON WITH IOWA
• In a battle of runs, U-M was unable to overcome a third and final run by 16/19 Iowa and fell 82-71 at Carver-Hawkeye Arena on Jan. 17.
• U-M trailed 11-0 after the first two minutes, but rallied with a 13-0 run of its own to take the lead 21-20. A second Iowa first half run gave the Hawkeyes a five-point lead at the break.
• In the second half, U-M battled back once again and took the lead 52-51 with 12 minutes left. However, a final Hawkeyes 9-0 run saw them pull away for good and earn the 11-point win.
• Derrick Walton Jr. led U-M with 16 points, while Zak Irvin had 11 points and eight rebounds. Aubrey Dawkins had 12 points off the bench.