Sept. 6th Houston game official visit: Safety Jamar Adams (Sept. 6 official visit, 2003 U-M Camper, 2001 U-M Camper, V-Tech Nike stats: 6-2 1/2,193 lbs., 4.13 sec. Shuttle, 33.2 inch vertical jump … 3.0 GPA/940 SAT) from Matthews, N.C., Butler. In mid-August he told us, "Michigan is my leader." As a junior he made 58 tackles and five interceptions. He is TheInsiders.com's #76 Atlantic area prospect.
Sept. 13th Notre Dame game:
Possible visitor (official or unofficial): Cameron Colvin (possible Sept. 13 visitor, STAN Nike stats: 6-1, 188 lbs., 4.31 in the 40, 3.85 shuttle, 32.4 inch vertical, 13 bench press reps. … 2.3 GPA/16 ACT) from Concord, Calif., DeLaSalle. In July his godfather told us that they would either come to the Notre Dame game, or go to Oregon on Sept. 20 and watch the U-M/Oregon game. He insists to us that U-M is his FAVORITE. But Miami is a threat, as is FSU, LSU, UCLA and USC. He has a U-M OFFER. He was the Stanford Nike MVP. As a junior he caught 14 passes for 405 yards (28.9 yards per catch) and four touchdowns. He is TheInsiders.com's #16 prospect.
Possible visitor (official or unofficial): TE Dale Thompson (6-4, 250 lbs., 4.7 in the 40, 2.7 GPA, June 7 SAT) from Corona, Calif. U-M has OFFERed him. In late July he told us, "My top schools are UCLA, USC, Michigan, Oregon, and Colorado, those are the schools I will most likely visit officially. I'm still planning on making my Michigan visit sometime during September … I think we have game on a Thursday the Sept. 13th weekend." In an injury-plagued junior season he caught six passes for 125 yards and three touchdowns. As a sophomore, he caught 16 passes for 350 yards and five touchdowns. He is TheInsiders.com's #20 Pac Ten area prospect.
Oct. 18th Illinois game:
Pomona, Calif. teammates making official visits:
- Cornerback/safety Keston Cheathem (6-2, 185 lbs., 4.55 in the 40, 2.8 GPA, 820 SAT). U-M visited his school in May, OFFERED him, and are his FAVORITE. He is underrated as TheInsiders.com's #43 Pac Ten area prospect.
- OLB/DE Eugene Germany (USC Nike stats: 6-3 1/2, 248 lbs…. 4.65 in the 40, 2.3 GPA). He grew up a U-M fan, and his coach and his recruiter Ron English are friends. As a junior he made166 tackles and nine sacks; he also caught 14 passes for 321 yards and four touchdowns. In late June his coach told us U-M is his leader. USC will be strong competition. He is TheInsiders.com's #16 Pac Ten area prospect.
Note: at this point Cheathem's visit may be more firm than Germany's.
Oct. 25th Purdue game possible visitor (official or unofficial): DE Dwayne Hendricks (PSU Nike stats: 6-4, 250 lbs., 4.8 in the 40, 30 inch vertical jump … 3.2 GPA/910 SAT) from Milville, New Jersey. He got a U-M visit and phone call in May. He was a spring practice visitor on April 5th, and U-M has OFFERED him. At the PSU Nike Camp he told us, "My favorites right now are the three schools that have offered me: in order, Michigan, Iowa and Virginia." But as far as summer camps, he attended Notre Dame's and Georgia Tech's. He may visit U-M again Oct. 25 for the Purdue game, or else around Thanksgiving. His coach told us in the spring that, "We tentatively talked about coming back on October 25. Michigan plays Purdue that day and we have a former player that plays on their team." As a junior he made 65 tackles and three sacks. He is TheInsiders.com's #32 prospect.
While we're at it: known late July unofficial visits:
- OL Calvin Darity (6-4, 260 lbs.) from Tallahassee, Fla., Lincoln. He is TheInsider.com's #80 prospect (and #40 in the South).
- DB Kwame Ageyman (5-11, 195 lbs., 4.5 in the 40) from Lake Park, Ill.
- DE Ryan Baker (2003 U-M Camper, 6-5, 235 lbs., 4.9 in the 40, 3.5 GPA) from Indianapolis, Ind., Bishop Chatard. He attended the July 26 U-M Open House. He is TheInsiders.com's #22 Big Ten area prospect.
- DT Xavier Fulton (6-5, 265 lbs., 4.8 in the 40) from Homewood, Ill., Homewood-Flossmoor. He attended the July 26 U-M Open House. He is TheInsiders.com's #70 Big Ten area prospect.
Home Game Recruit-Visitors Thus Far
The Michigan Insider Top Stories
WATCH: Godin recalls last trip to MSUWatch as Michigan defensive lineman Matt Godin discusses the last trip he made to East Lansing and the impact it has made on him to this day.
The Michigan InsiderYesterday at 3:00 PM
Lewis, Michigan looking to 'handle business'Michigan senior cornerback Jourdan Lewis says Michigan State's record doesn't matter heading into Saturday.
The Michigan InsiderYesterday at 2:18 PM
WATCH: Kelly-Powell Updates RecruitmentDetroit (Mich.) Cass Tech's Jaylen Kelly-Powell updates his recruitment, the latest with Michigan, his decision timeline and more.
The Michigan InsiderYesterday at 8:37 AM
Wheatley Jr. “Excited” For Big Test At MSUMichigan tight end Tyrone Wheatley Jr. discusses his first career catch and touchdown vs. Illinois, thoughts on the rivalry against the Spartans, and more.
The Michigan InsiderYesterday at 8:19 AM
Who are Highest Paid Coaches in NCAA FootballThe USA Today recently compiled a list of the highest paid football coaches in the NCAA. Let's take a look at the highest paid coaches in college football.
Scout CFBYesterday at 4:18 AM