SEPT. 6th HOUSTON GAME:
- Safety Jamar Adams (Sept. 6 official visit, 2003 U-M Camper, 2001 U-M Camper, V-Tech Nike stats: 6-2 1/2,193 lbs., 4.13 sec. Shuttle, 33.2 inch vertical jump … 3.0 GPA/940 SAT) from Matthews, N.C., Butler. In mid-August he told us, "Michigan is my leader." As a junior he made 58 tackles and five interceptions. He is TheInsiders.com's #76 Atlantic area prospect.
SEPT. 13th NOTRE DAME GAME:
- WR/TE Jaison Williams (Sept. 13 official visit, USC Nike stats: 6-4, 215 lbs., 4.57 in the 40 … 10.75 sec. 100m, 260 lb. Bench press, 2.6 GPA, June 7 SAT) from Culver City, Calif. U-M has OFFERED him and is his LEADER, along with Washington. USC has offered in late summer as well and is a threat. As a junior he caught 18 passes for 229 yards and one touchdown. He is underrated as TheInsiders.com's #73 Pac Ten area prospect.
- OL Brett Gallimore (Sept. 13 Notre Dame game visit, 6-5, 290 lbs., 5.1 in the 40, 300-lb.bench press, 2.6 GPA) from Riverside, Mo., Park Hill South (Kansas City area). This will likely be his official visit. He will also make fall visits to Purdue for the Notre Dame game, Iowa for a game (maybe U-M), and possibly UCLA.
- WR Cameron Colvin (Sept. 13 official visit, STAN Nike stats: 6-1, 188 lbs., 4.31 in the 40, 3.85 shuttle, 32.4 inch vertical, 13 bench press reps. … 2.3 GPA/16 ACT) from Concord, Calif., DeLaSalle. In July his godfather told us that they would probably come to the Notre Dame game. Colvin insists to us that U-M is his FAVORITE. But Miami is a threat, as is FSU, LSU, UCLA and USC. He has a U-M OFFER. He was the Stanford Nike MVP. As a junior he caught 14 passes for 405 yards (28.9 yards per catch) and four touchdowns. He is TheInsiders.com's #16 prospect.
- Probable visitor: TE Dale Thompson (possible Sept. 13 official visit, 6-4, 250 lbs., 4.7 in the 40, 2.7 GPA, June 7 SAT) from Corona, Calif. U-M has OFFERed him. In late July he told us, "My top schools are UCLA, USC, Michigan, Oregon, and Colorado, those are the schools I will most likely visit officially. I'm still planning on making my Michigan visit sometime during September … I think we have game on a Thursday the Sept. 13th weekend." In an injury-plagued junior season he caught six passes for 125 yards and three touchdowns. As a sophomore, he caught 16 passes for 350 yards and five touchdowns. He is TheInsiders.com's #20 Pac Ten area prospect.
OCT. 18th ILLINOIS GAME:
Keston Cheathem and Eugene Germany
Pomona, Calif. teammates making official visits:
- Cornerback/safety Keston Cheathem (Oct. 18 official visit, 6-2, 185 lbs., 4.55 in the 40, 2.8 GPA, 820 SAT). U-M visited his school in May, OFFERED him, and are his FAVORITE. He is underrated as TheInsiders.com's #43 Pac Ten area prospect.
- OLB/DE Eugene Germany (Possible Oct. 18 official visit, USC Nike stats: 6-3 1/2, 248 lbs…. 4.65 in the 40, 2.3 GPA). He grew up a U-M fan, and his coach and his recruiter Ron English are friends. As a junior he made166 tackles and nine sacks; he also caught 14 passes for 321 yards and four touchdowns. In late June his coach told us U-M is his leader. USC will be strong competition. He is TheInsiders.com's #16 Pac Ten area prospect.
Note: at this point Cheathem's visit may be more firm than Germany's.
OCT. 25th PURDUE GAME:
- DE Dwayne Hendricks (Oct. 25 official visit, PSU Nike stats: 6-4, 250 lbs., 4.8 in the 40, 30 inch vertical jump … 3.2 GPA/910 SAT) from Millville, New Jersey. In mid-aug. he confirmed to us that he'd visit for the Purdue game: "Yes, that's the one. A former player from here plays for Purdue … It'll be an official visit." He got a U-M visit and phone call in May. He was a spring practice visitor on April 5th, and U-M has OFFERED him. "Yes, my coach and I went. We watched practice, and we talked to pretty much every Michigan coach. That's when we set up the fall visit. We also met with Coach Carr -- that's when he offered me a Michigan scholarship." At the PSU Nike Camp he told us, "My favorites right now are the three schools that have offered me: in order, Michigan, Iowa and Virginia." But in mid-Aug. he said, "I'm not sure ... I don't really have one favorite now ... I'm not going to narrow it down until I take more visits. I'm just listing eight or ten schools: Michigan, Iowa, Ohio State, Notre Dame, Miami, Florida, Georgia Tech, and Oklahoma. They've all offered me." As a junior he made 65 tackles and three sacks. He is TheInsiders.com's #32 prospect.
For more comments, click here (momentarily): Tidbits on visitors
While we're at it: one post-season official visit has been set:
- WR Doug Dutch (Dec. 12 official visit, 6-2, 185 lbs., 3.9 GPA) from Washington D.C. Gonzaga. IN mid-Aug. he told TheInsiders, "My top-four are Florida (leader?), Miami, Michigan, and Virginia (Nov. 28 visit)." He is TheInsiders.com's #74 prospect.
Home Game Visitors - Updated
The Michigan Insider Top Stories
Peoples-Jones' Electrifying Touchdown GrabWatch Donovan Peoples-Jones blow by his defender for the 55-yard touchdown grab to give Detroit (Mich.) Cass Tech an early 7-0 lead over Detroit King in the PSL championship game.
The Michigan InsiderYesterday at 5:48 PM
WATCH: Stronger Mo Wagner Excites U-M StaffMichigan sophomore big man Moritz Wagner worked hard on his body and his game during the off-season, and new Wolverine assistant Saddi Washington says the result of all of that…
The Michigan InsiderYesterday at 10:49 AM
Preview: Michigan vs. IllinoisPreviewing Michigan's upcoming game against Illinois.
The Michigan InsiderYesterday at 7:23 AM
Tory Carter says Harbaugh “a Great Coach”Leesburg (Ga.) Lee County fullback prospect Tory Carter may be committed to LSU, but Jim Harbaugh and Michigan are working hard to change that.
The Michigan InsiderThursday at 4:35 PM
Michigan Still #1 with Otis ReeseThe Michigan Insider made it to the Peach State last Friday where we saw Leesburg (Ga.) Lee County and 2018 Wolverine commit Otis Reese suffer their first loss of the season.…
The Michigan InsiderThursday at 3:40 PM