Sept. 6th Houston game official visit:
- NEW: Running back/fullback George Bell (5-11, 225 lbs., 4.5 in the 40, 365 lb. Bench press, 2.5 GPA) from Fayetteville, N.C., Jack Britt. He suffered an ACL in his third game as a junior. Michigan is reportedly recruiting him hard however, as is Virginia and NC-State (who has offered him). He is TheInsiders.com's #53 prospect.
- Safety Jamar Adams (Sept. 6 official visit, 2003 U-M Camper, 2001 U-M Camper, V-Tech Nike stats: 6-2 1/2,193 lbs., 4.13 sec. Shuttle, 33.2 inch vertical jump … 3.0 GPA/940 SAT) from Matthews, N.C., Butler. In mid-August he told us, "Michigan is my leader." As a junior he made 58 tackles and five interceptions. He is TheInsiders.com's #76 Atlantic area prospect.
Sept. 13th Notre Dame game:
- Probable visit: Chad Henne (6-3, 230 lbs., 4.6 in the 40, 3.4 GPA) from West Lawn, Pa., Wilson. On Aug. 20 he told us, I'm thinking about coming for the Notre Dame game ... I've been thinking about how to do it. We'll be out of town that Friday night, we have an away game. But I'd like to get to Ann Arbor for that game, either for an unofficial or maybe even for my official visit." He is TheInsiders.com's #13 prospect, and Tom Lemming's #3 quarterback prospect.
- WR/TE Jaison Williams (Sept. 13 official visit, USC Nike stats: 6-4, 215 lbs., 4.57 in the 40 … 10.75 sec. 100m, 260 lb. Bench press, 2.6 GPA, June 7 SAT) from Culver City, Calif. U-M has OFFERED him and is his LEADER, along with Washington. USC has offered in late summer as well and is a threat. As a junior he caught 18 passes for 229 yards and one touchdown. He is underrated as TheInsiders.com's #73 Pac Ten area prospect.
- OL Brett Gallimore (Sept. 13 Notre Dame game visit, 6-5, 290 lbs., 5.1 in the 40, 300-lb.bench press, 2.6 GPA) from Riverside, Mo., Park Hill South (Kansas City area). On Aug. 20 he told us, "My brother and his wife are taking me up for the Michigan/Notre Dame game. It'll be great to meet the other guys visiting for the game. I think it'll be unofficial visit for me. Actually I'm quite sure about that. I'll take an official visit to Michigan later on." He will also make fall visits to Purdue for the Notre Dame game, Iowa for a game (maybe U-M, for his official visit there), OSU for a game (official visit) and possibly UCLA and Oregon.
- WR Cameron Colvin (Sept. 13 official visit, STAN Nike stats: 6-1, 188 lbs., 4.31 in the 40, 3.85 shuttle, 32.4 inch vertical, 13 bench press reps. … 2.3 GPA/16 ACT) from Concord, Calif., DeLaSalle. On Aug. 20 his godfather told us, "We're coming to Michigan for the Notre Dame game, for Cameron's official visit. We play Archbishop Mitty in San Jose the night before. Then we're going to catch the redeye out of San Francisco. We'll arrive in Detroit at 10 in the morning. We'll rest a bit then go on over to Michigan ... Michigan is still Cameron's top school." But Miami is a threat, as is FSU, LSU, UCLA and USC. He was the Stanford Nike MVP. As a junior he caught 14 passes for 405 yards (28.9 yards per catch) and four touchdowns. He is TheInsiders.com's #16 prospect.
- Probable visitor: TE Dale Thompson (possible Sept. 13 official visit, 6-4, 250 lbs., 4.7 in the 40, 2.7 GPA, June 7 SAT) from Corona, Calif. U-M has OFFERed him. In late July he told us, "My top schools are UCLA, USC, Michigan, Oregon, and Colorado, those are the schools I will most likely visit officially. I'm still planning on making my Michigan visit sometime during September … I think we have game on a Thursday the Sept. 13th weekend." In an injury-plagued junior season he caught six passes for 125 yards and three touchdowns. As a sophomore, he caught 16 passes for 350 yards and five touchdowns. He is TheInsiders.com's #20 Pac Ten area prospect.
Oct. 18th Illinois game:
Pomona, Calif. teammates making official visits:
- Cornerback/safety Keston Cheathem (Oct. 18 official visit, 6-2, 185 lbs., 4.55 in the 40, 2.8 GPA, 820 SAT). U-M visited his school in May, OFFERED him, and are his FAVORITE. He is underrated as TheInsiders.com's #43 Pac Ten area prospect.
- OLB/DE Eugene Germany (Possible Oct. 18 official visit, USC Nike stats: 6-3 1/2, 248 lbs…. 4.65 in the 40, 2.3 GPA). He grew up a U-M fan, and his coach and his recruiter Ron English are friends. As a junior he made166 tackles and nine sacks; he also caught 14 passes for 321 yards and four touchdowns. In late June his coach told us U-M is his leader. USC will be strong competition. He is TheInsiders.com's #16 Pac Ten area prospect.
Note: at this point Cheathem's visit may be more firm than Germany's.
Oct. 25th Purdue game:
- DE Dwayne Hendricks (Oct. 25 official visit, PSU Nike stats: 6-4, 250 lbs., 4.8 in the 40, 30 inch vertical jump … 3.2 GPA/910 SAT) from Millville, New Jersey. In mid-aug. he confirmed to us that he'd visit for the Purdue game: "Yes, that's the one. A former player from here plays for Purdue … It'll be an official visit." He got a U-M visit and phone call in May. He was a spring practice visitor on April 5th, and U-M has OFFERED him. "Yes, my coach and I went. We watched practice, and we talked to pretty much every Michigan coach. That's when we set up the fall visit. We also met with Coach Carr -- that's when he offered me a Michigan scholarship." At the PSU Nike Camp he told us, "My favorites right now are the three schools that have offered me: in order, Michigan, Iowa and Virginia." But in mid-Aug. he said, "I'm not sure ... I don't really have one favorite now ... I'm not going to narrow it down until I take more visits. I'm just listing eight or ten schools: Michigan, Iowa (fall visit), Ohio State, Notre Dame, Miami (fall visit), Florida, Georgia Tech, and Oklahoma. They've all offered me." As a junior he made 65 tackles and three sacks. He is TheInsiders.com's #32 prospect.
For more comments, click here: Tidbits on visitors
One post-season official visit has reportedly been set:
- WR Doug Dutch (Dec. 12 official visit, 6-2, 185 lbs., 3.9 GPA) from Washington D.C. Gonzaga. IN mid-Aug. he told TheInsiders, "My top-four are Florida (leader?), Miami, Michigan, and Virginia (Nov. 28 visit)." He is TheInsiders.com's #74 prospect.
All Home Game Visitors - Updated Again
The Michigan Insider Top Stories
WATCH: Godin recalls last trip to MSUWatch as Michigan defensive lineman Matt Godin discusses the last trip he made to East Lansing and the impact it has made on him to this day.
The Michigan InsiderYesterday at 3:00 PM
Lewis, Michigan looking to 'handle business'Michigan senior cornerback Jourdan Lewis says Michigan State's record doesn't matter heading into Saturday.
The Michigan InsiderYesterday at 2:18 PM
WATCH: Kelly-Powell Updates RecruitmentDetroit (Mich.) Cass Tech's Jaylen Kelly-Powell updates his recruitment, the latest with Michigan, his decision timeline and more.
The Michigan InsiderYesterday at 8:37 AM
Wheatley Jr. “Excited” For Big Test At MSUMichigan tight end Tyrone Wheatley Jr. discusses his first career catch and touchdown vs. Illinois, thoughts on the rivalry against the Spartans, and more.
The Michigan InsiderYesterday at 8:19 AM