Here are most of them who were spotted. There are still a few more who we will bring to you as we research them.
- On his official visit: Jeff Schweiger (Aug. 30 official visit, Nike Camp stats: 6-4, 240 lbs., 4.56 in the 40, 4.11 in the shuttle, 31 bench press reps, 30.9 inch vertical ... 3.0 GPA) from San Jose, Calif., Valley Christian. Late last week his dad told us this would be a Sat. - Mon. visit, saying, "Because it's a holiday weekend he'll get the full two days. He'll get into Ann Arbor late Friday night, and come home on Monday morning."
- Spotted hanging out with Schweiger and looking enough alike to be blond-blood-brothers:
JC Soph. P/K David Lonie (6-5, 230 lbs.) from Ellsworth, Ia., Community College.
*MORE* It can be assumed that Lonie was on an official visit, and also that he has a scholarship offer.
Here is info on Lonie from the Ellsworth Community College web site: "Originally from Gold Coast, Australia, Lonie handles both the kicking and punting for the Ellsworth CC. Lonie was 9 of 10 on PAT's and 8 of 12 on field goals including a 48 yarder. He punted 65 times for an average of 40.1 yards including a 75-yarder. In 2002, his freshman year, he was named JC All-Region, as well as the conference's Most Outstanding place kicker."
*MORE* That 40.1 yard punting average is a little deceiving, since he punted 65 times in 9 games. That is 7.2 punts per game -- a LOT, which generally would lower his average. He also kicked 10 PAT's (and made 9) -- that is only 1.1 PAT attempt per game. So Ellsworth was a weak team last year.
- TE Kellen Freeman-Davis (2003 U-M Camper, 6-6, 220 lbs., 4.6 in the 40) from Adrian, Mich.
- OL Robert Austin (6-2, 335 lbs.) from Columbus, Ohio, Northland.
- Ath. Jermaine Cox (6-0, 180 lbs.) from Columbus, Ohio, Brookhaven. Note: Cox has been known more as a hoopster I believe.
- FB/LB Dori Song (6-1, 225 lbs.) from Coshocton, Ohio. As a junior fullback he rushed for 1300 yards; as a linebacker he recorded 88 tackles.
- OL Brian Leighton (6-4, 270 lbs.) from Gobles, Mich.
- Saginaw, Mich, kids:
--- RB/DB DeMarcus Laury (5-10, 205 lbs., 4.5 in the 40).
--- LB Carthion Bibbs (6-1, 225 lbs., 4.50 in the 40).
- DL Apolo Braganini (6-3, 260 lbs.) from from Battle Creek, Mich.
- FB/LB Tigina Mukuna (6-3, 225 lbs.) from Haslett, Mich. (Lansing area).
Two top instate juniors:
- Jr. NT Terrance Taylor (2003 U-M Camper, 6-0, 285 lbs.) from Muskegon, Mich. Taylor is considered one of the top five instate juniors.
- Jr. QB Evan Sharpley (2003 U-M Camper, 6-3, 200 lbs.) from Marshall, Mich. Sharpley is considered one of the top five instate juniors. Note: Evan seems to like to come to games but not stick around at all afterwards, ala Carl Tabb a few years back.
More On Recruits Spotted At The CMU Game
The Michigan Insider Top Stories
Peoples-Jones Wins PSL, Updates RecruitmentDetroit (Mich.) Cass Tech's Donovan Peoples-Jones leads Cass to PSL Championship, updates recruitment and more.
The Michigan Insider6:05 PM
Evans suffers concussion, 'we'll see' for MSUMichigan coach Jim Harbaugh says freshman running back Chris Evans suffered a concussion vs. Illinois.
The Michigan Insider5:40 PM
Michigan Next on Visit Docket for No. 1 Va.OTHighland Springs (Va.) 3-star offensive tackle Mekhi Becton has scholarship offers from across the country, including one from Michigan. After months of by building a long distance…
Scout Football5:11 PM
WATCH: Harbaugh gives Walker updateWatch as Michigan coach Jim Harbaugh addresses the status of true freshman running back Kareem Walker after dressing for the first time this season.
The Michigan Insider2:34 PM