1. Oklahoma – Look for QB Jason White and LB Teddy Lehman to win on the road at Alabama this week. Alabama played sluggish in the first half against South Florida and look for a repeat against a great Oklahoma defense.
2. Ohio State – Look for the victory at home against San Diego State, but the key to this game is keeping Freshmen Aztec RB Lynell Hamilton under 100 yards rushing with last week total of 113 against Eastern Washington.
3. Miami (Fl) – With DB Antrel Rolle returning an interception for a TD and Punt Return for a TD against Louisiana Tech it looks like the Hurricanes are on track again. With this weeks game against the Gators look for QB Brock Berlin to have a great game in this one.
4. Texas – QB Chance Mock and QB Vincent Young led the Longhorns in a blowout win over North Texas. They now have two weeks to prepare for the Arkansas Razorbacks and look for a decent win here as well.
5. USC – With a huge win at Auburn and QB Matt Leinart showing that he is ready to replace Carson Palmer look for some good things out of the Trojans this year both offensively and defensively.
6. Kansas State – With QB Ell Roberson and RB Darren Sproles off to a great start look for the Cougars to put it in cruise control until the October 4 matchup with Texas.
7. Georgia – The Bulldogs started out this year with a great victory on the road at Clemson. QB David Greene played well in this victory and with a tough schedule ahead of them look for some tight games in the near future.
8. Michigan – RB Chris Perry is out with a great start, but its not without the help of an outstanding offensive line. Look for a little closer game against the Houston Cougars this week, but the Wolverines will get another victory.
9. North Carolina State – QB Phillip Rivers hasn't missed a beat completing 26 of 30 for 320 yards and 3 touchdowns in a win against Western Carolina. Look for more of the same this week against Wake Forest this week.
10. Virginia Tech – Backup quarterback Marcus Vick and starting linebacker Brandon Manning were suspended by Virginia Tech for violating unspecified team rules, but look for the Hokies to be just fine this week against James Madison.
11. Florida State – The Seminoles handled North Carolina in the opener and look for the same against Maryland this week. QB Chris Rix looks comfortable back there now and with duo of RB Lorenzo Booker and RB Greg Jones the Seminoles might make some noise this year.
12. Pittsburgh – They are hosting the Kent State Flashes in their home opener and look for an outstanding offense that will move the ball down the field with the combination of Rutherford, Miree, and Fitzgerald.
13. LSU – A blowout win at home against Louisiana-Monroe doesn't show much, but a victory on the road at Arizona will let us all know how good this Tiger team really is this year.
14. Tennessee – With a great win against Fresno State and a tough first six games it is going to be a test right out of the gate. The Volunteers probably have the toughest six games of anyone in the country.
15. Wisconsin – A good solid win on the road against West Virginia and a great game from RB Anthony Davis, they get the next three at home to prepare for the Big Ten race. This team will be in contention for the Big Ten Championship.
16. Virginia – With QB Matt Schaub out this week against South Carolina on the road it could be a tough game for the Cavaliers, but look for a solid team effort.
17. Notre Dame – This is a decent test out of the gate for the Irish against the Washington State Cougars. Can the Irish get off to another great start with RB Ryan Grant and the return of RB Julius Jones?
18. Florida – A huge win against San Jose State, but the road is no longer easy for the Gators. Will QB Ingle Martin be able to handle the pressure the Miami Hurricanes defense will deliver and will the Gators wish they still had a guy named Berlin.
19. Purdue – This matchup against Bowling Green will be a good test to find out about this Boilermaker team. Can the Joey Tiller offense match the Bowling Green offense that scored 63 on Eastern Kentucky?
20. Auburn – Absolutely no offense against the Trojan defense. The biggest question is going to be can the Tiger offense put some points on the board at Georgia Tech this week.
21. Iowa – Look for a bigger win against another MAC team this week and for RB Fred Russell to have another 100 yard rushing game. Does this team have enough to make a run for the Big Ten Title?
22. Nebraska – A win at home against a good Oklahoma State team get Nebraska in my Top 25, but must maintain in two weeks against Penn State.
23. Arizona State – This team has some players to make a run at the Pac Ten Title and we will find out in three weeks at Iowa, but look for an easy win against Northern Arizona in the opener.
24. TCU – With a great win down in New Orleans against Tulane look for a better defense against Navy this week at home. For this team to stay in the Top 25 the defense must improve and can not give up more than 28 points.
25. Oregon State – With RB Steve Jackson and a good home victory out of the gate, they make my Top 25. They must win at Fresno State this week, which will be a tough road game for the Beavers.
Colorado – A tough win at Colorado State, but this team needs to put another one together this week against UCLA to get into my Top 25
Penn State – Showed me nothing in the victory over Temple and must show more against Boston College, but the only way this team will make my Top 25 is with a victory over Nebraska.
Washington – They showed me no heart in this game and therefore are not in my Top 25, but should get back in the win column this week against Indiana.
Alabama – If they can find a way to beat Oklahoma at home they will get into the Top 25, but with a tough first half in the win against South Florida don't look for this one to happen.
Maryland – A tough loss on the road against Northern Illinois means if the Terps can beat Florida State than they will get back into the Top 25.
Washington State – If they could pull off the unthinkable with back to back wins against Notre Dame and Colorado they are in the Top 25.
Texas A&M – With a decent schedule in the next three weeks against Utah, Virginia Tech, and Pittsburgh they are going to be a great team or drop out of any contention of seeing the Top 25.
Northern Illinois – Could be the first MAC team in the Top 25 with a huge win against Maryland, but the real test will come in two weeks against Alabama.
Oklahoma State – A must win at Wyoming with the next four coming against easier opponents. They will be in the Top 25 before this season is over.
Missouri – A good win against Illinois, but this is a team to watch out for. The Tigers can sneak up on you in a hurry.
Air Force – Look for them down the road if they can get out to a flying start. They have some matchups that might sneak them into the Top 25.
Boise State – They were in my Top 25 most of last year and look for them to be back in it if they beat Oregon State in three weeks.
UConn – A good win against Indiana gets them out to a great start. Now if they can put back to back wins against Army and Boston College they could make some noise.
<B>Ouimet's Top 25</B><br>
The Michigan Insider Top Stories
Oregon DL Commit Intrigued by MichiganMichigan is in hot pursuit Nashville (Tenn.) Lipscomb defensive tackle Rutger Reitmaier, and the Oregon commit will likely visit Ann Arbor in the near future.
The Michigan Insider2:53 PM
WATCH: TMI Previews Michigan vs. MSUWATCH: TMI's Josh Newkirk and Sam Webb preview Michigan vs. Michigan State, as the Wolverines try to win in East Lansing for the first time since 2007.
The Michigan Insider9:11 AM
Thomas embraces Brown's 'dude' termsMichigan's Dymonte Thomas has embraced Don Brown's coaching mannerisms, being called a "dude" is one of them.
The Michigan InsiderYesterday at 4:03 PM
Recruiting Breakdown: Michigan vs. MSUMichigan and Michigan State face-off in a Big Ten rivalry battle. Before the Spartans and Wolverines take the field, take a look at their recruiting history and what their
Scout FootballYesterday at 3:57 PM