Sept. 13th Notre Dame Game:
- Unofficial visit: U-M commitment Chad Henne (6-3, 230 lbs., 4.6 in the 40, 3.4 GPA) from West Lawn, Pa., Wilson. On Aug. 20 he told us, "I'm planning on coming for the Notre Dame game ... I've been thinking about how to do it. We'll be out of town that Friday night, we have an away game. But I want to get to Ann Arbor for that game, for an unofficial or maybe even for my official visit." Henne is TheInsiders.com's #13 prospect, and Tom Lemming's #3 quarterback prospect.
- Official visit: WR Cameron Colvin (Sept. 13 official visit, STAN Nike stats: 6-1, 188 lbs., 4.31 in the 40, 3.85 shuttle, 32.4 inch vertical, 13 bench press reps. … 2.3 GPA/16 ACT) from Concord, Calif., DeLaSalle. Colvin is scheduled to visit U-M the weekend of the Notre Dame game -- but not with The Insiders #1 WR prospect Early Doucet. On Sept. 1 Colvin's godfather told us, " I just got off the phone with the family of Early Doucet Cameron and Early have been talking about going to the same school together and have decided they will both visit Michigan for the Notre Dame game. Cameron really favors Michigan. I'll tell you what, some school is going to be very lucky to get those two kids." But on Sept. 8 he told us, "Early's guardian can't get off work this weekend. They'll schedule their visit for later ... Michigan is still Cameron's top school." And Cameron said, "I'm disappointed for sure, but it just couldn't be helped. It doesn't change my plans though, I'm still going. We have Friday off from school and I'm flying out that morning. After the Michigan visit I'm not taking any more until after the season is over." But Miami is a threat, as is FSU, LSU, UCLA and USC. He was the Stanford Nike MVP. As a junior he caught 14 passes for 405 yards (28.9 yards per catch) and four touchdowns. He is TheInsiders.com's #16 prospect.
- Unofficial visit: Fred Davis (U-M Nike stats: 6-3.5, 200 lbs., 4.59 in the 40, 12 bench press reps., 30.5 inch vertical, 4.17 sec. shuttle) from Toledo Ohio, Rogers. On Sept. 7 he told us, Rogers told me, "Yes, I'm coming to Michigan next week for the Notre Dame game." His favorites? "Miami, Ohio State, USC, Oklahoma and Michigan." Davis is TheInsiders' #19 prospect.
- Unofficial visit: Brett Gallimore (Sept. 13 Notre Dame game unofficial visit, 6-5, 290 lbs., 5.1 in the 40, 300-lb.bench press, 2.6 GPA) from Riverside, Mo., Park Hill South (Kansas City area). On Aug. 20 he told us, "My brother and his wife are taking me up for the Michigan/Notre Dame game. It'll be great to meet the other guys visiting for the game. I think it'll be unofficial visit for me. Actually I'm quite sure about that. I'll take an official visit to Michigan later on." He will also make fall visits to Purdue for the Notre Dame game, Iowa for a game (maybe U-M, for his official visit there), OSU for a game (official visit) and possibly UCLA and Oregon. He attended a U-M spring practice and got a scholarship offer. He is TheInsiders.com's #91 prospect.
Possible visit: WR Adrian Arrington (Possible Sept. 13 visit, 2002 U-M Camper, U-M Nike stats: 6-4, 177 lbs., 4.5 in the 40, 32.4 inch vertical … 3.5 GPA) from Cedar Rapids, Ia. On Sept. 7 he told TheInsiders he was possibly visiting U-M for the Notre Dame game. U-M and UCLA are mentioned as possible leaders, but Iowa is in a strong position as well. As a junior he made 39 catches. He is TheInsiders' #64 prospect.
Possible unofficial visit: RB Greg Coleman (6-0, 205 lbs., 4.5 in the 40, 2.6 GPA) from Iowa City, Iowa, West.
Not visiting (it looks like):
- WR/TE Jaison Williams (USC Nike stats: 6-4, 215 lbs., 4.57 in the 40 … 10.75 sec. 100m, 260 lb. Bench press, 2.6 GPA, June 7 SAT) from Culver City, Calif. On Sept 4th he told us, "I won't be visiting Michigan in September. I want to enjoy the full 48 hour visit and making an all-night trip after a game wouldn't allow me to do that. I'm looking at coming sometime in late October or November, maybe for the Illinois game or Purdue, I'm not sure yet. I have an open week during the season but it is the same open week as Michigan. Michigan is still definitely my leader. USC jumped way up when they offered, but Michigan is still my favorite." As a junior he caught 18 passes for 229 yards and one touchdown. He is underrated as TheInsiders.com's #73 Pac Ten area prospect.
- TE Dale Thompson (6-4, 250 lbs., 4.7 in the 40, 2.7 GPA, June 7 SAT) from Corona, Calif. On Sept. 5th he told us, "My coach really doesn't want me to make any visits right away. I may still go to Michigan on Sept. 13th (for the Notre Dame game weekend) but I'm not really sure yet." . As a sophomore, he caught 16 passes for 350 yards and five touchdowns; he had an injury-plagues junior year. He is TheInsiders.com's #20 Pac Ten area prospect.
- WR/Ath. Early Doucet (LSU Camp stats: 6-2, 212 lbs., 4.4 in the 40 ... 3.23 GPA/18 ACT) from St. Martinsville, Louisiana. ON Sept. 7 his guardian told us, "It was such short notice that arrangements couldn't be made for me to go with Early on the visit, so we had to postpone it until later. We talked to the coaches and they understood. We're going to try again sometime after the season, possibly in December." Doucet is TheInsiders' #1 wide receiver, and #6 overall prospect.
Notre Dame Game Visitors - The Latest
The Michigan Insider Top Stories
Henschke's Blog: Brazdeikis has U-M ally?Does Michigan have an ally in the recruitment of 2018 four-star SF Ignas Brazdeikis?
The Michigan Insider4:11 PM
Herron becoming more comfortable at MichiganOne of the top upcoming defensive ends is Kentucky’s premiere pass rusher Stephen Herron, who returned to Ann Arbor and thoroughly enjoyed his experience
The Michigan Insider9:27 AM
Pearson has 'keys to the car' at MichiganRed Berenson molded the Michigan hockey program into what it is today. Now, his protege has his turn to shine.
The Michigan InsiderYesterday at 6:35 PM
Michigan announces hire of Mel PearsonPearson spent 23 years as an assistant coach under Red Berenson.
The Michigan InsiderYesterday at 10:15 AM