1. Oklahoma – Manhandled Fresno State with QB Jason White passing for 338 yards and 4 Touchdowns. Look out for White to sneak his way into the Heisman race. The biggest question is who fills the void of LB Lance Mitchell this week against UCLA. Mitchell is out for the rest of the year after injuring his left knee.
2. Miami (Fl) – Canes cruise in victory over East Carolina this past week and play on the east coast this week at Boston College where they have had trouble in the past. Look for Brock Berlin to lead this team with the help of RB Frank Gore to victory in a close call.
3. USC – The Trojans pounded Hawaii at home 61-32, which is why this team has leaped frog into third. They host California at home this week and look for QB Matt Leinart to deliver another win for the Trojans. Matt Leinart is quietly getting the job done, while racking up a lot of stats.
4. Ohio State – A three overtime thriller of a game against a solid Wolf Pack team and a Heisman candidate in QB Philip Rivers. The Buckeyes need to get some rushing yards out of their backs this week to beat a hungry Bowling Green team this week in the horseshoe.
5. Kansas State – Points haven't been a problem for the Wildcats this year and with Marshall in town next week look for another good day out of RB Darren Sproles. He is right on the heels of RB Chris Perry of Michigan in the Heisman race, so watch out for this Wildcat runningback.
6. Georgia – QB David Greene is having an outstanding year for the Bulldogs, which have a great task this week against LSU on the road in Baton Rouge. This will be a test and will let us know if Georgia deserves this ranking and if QB David Greene should stay in the Heisman hunt.
7. Michigan – With RB and Heisman hopeful Chris Perry leading the way and running over a terrible Notre Dame football team this past week they will get a test in a close game on the road in Eugene, Oregon this week. The Wolverines must come ready to play some defense against the Ducks, because that Irish offense is probably one of the worst on the schedule. They are traveling to a great college stadium to play a game, so look for a loud and rowdy crowd when they play the Ducks this week in a tough high scoring affair.
8. Virginia Tech – Haven't played anybody yet, so we will find out if this Hokie team is for real this year when the Texas A&M Aggies come into Blacksburg. It will be interesting to see if the Aggie defense can slow the Hokie attack down some on the road.
9. Florida State – They have beaten North Carolina, Maryland, and Georgia Tech so far and this team deserves a Top 10 ranking. They host Colorado this week and look for QB Chris Rix to have another solid game against the Buffaloes at home.
10. Pittsburgh – This is a solid team effort every week against two MAC teams. They host a better MAC team this week in Toledo before they head to Texas A&M next week.
11. LSU – If they can take care of the Georgia Bulldogs at home this week they will jump up in the polls next week. The defense front seven needs to get to the QB David Greene in this game and put pressure with a lot of blitzes. The turnover battle is the key in this game.
12. Tennessee – One of the two great games in the SEC this week, but look for a shootout in this game against the Gators on the road.
13. Iowa – A great one in Hawkeye land this week as the Sun Devils come to town. Look for Iowa to pound the ball with RB Fred Russell in this game. Time of Possession and the ground attack will lead to the winner in this game.
14. Florida – Look for the Gators and QB Ingle Martin to take care of the Volunteers at home this week. This is a good solid Gator team who had the lead against the Hurricanes and couldn't stop them in the second half, but they will rebound with a great effort against Tennessee.
15. Nebraska – A good team defense this year is why the Cornhuskers are ranked this high. They have an average offense but keep getting the job done. They have a bye this week to prepare for Southern Mississippi, but following two weeks they will have a test against Missouri.
16. Arizona State – They really haven't been tested yet, so this one on the road against Iowa will test QB Andrew Walter and the Sun Devils. This is a huge step for this program, so if they could get a win on the road it would put them on the map as the head into the PAC Ten race.
17. Arkansas – QB Matt Jones played an outstanding game against the Longhorns and they found ways to keep WR Roy Williams in check. The biggest question is if this Razorback team will have a let down in the next two weeks.
18. Texas – Home winning streak of 20 games comes to an end, so the Longhorns better get RB Cedric Benson some yards before the Kansas State game in three weeks or we could be looking at a long season.
19. Missouri – They are off to their best start since 1981 in Columbia and QB Brad Smith has the offense moving down the field. Keep a watch for this team in the Big Twelve.
20. Purdue – The Boilermakers are in and they deserve to be after winning on the road at Wake Forest. They will show you the next two weeks why they belong against Arizona and Notre Dame.
21. TCU – They have lost RB Ricky Madison for the year so RB Lonta Hobbs is going to carry the load through this tough schedule. A must win at home against Vanderbilt to maintain this ranking.
22. Oregon – An overall solid team both offensively and defensively. Look for them to make it a close game against Michigan at home. Both Quarterbacks will play and they know how to score. I would look for a high scoring affair with a spread out attack against the Wolverines that will take shots down the field for a quick touchdown.
23. Wake Forest – They beat Boston College on the road and North Carolina State at home, they stay in my Top 25 after a loss from a good Purdue team. They play host to East Carolina before they travel to Virginia the following week.
24. North Carolina State – I will not get rid of this team yet. They still deserve to be ranked in the top 25 after losing both on the road to Wake Forest and Ohio State. They do play a pass happy Texas Tech team, so stay tuned to the Wolf Pack.
25. Notre Dame – Enjoy while it last, because they are the worst team in the Top 25 and they will not be here long. See you next season to the Fighting Irish and recruit hard!
Washington – Beating Indiana and this week's opponent in Idaho will not get you back into the top 25. Let's wait until the Stanford and the UCLA game, before we judge a team that has lost its identity without slick Rick at the helm.
Washington State – A good win against Colorado, but that loss against a bad Notre Dame team still keeps them out of the Top 25. A must win at Oregon to get into my Top 25 in two weeks, while they host New Mexico this week.
Texas A&M – If QB Reggie McNeal can bring a win at Virginia Tech or at home against Pittsburgh they will make my Top 25, but right now I am not a believer in the Aggie's.
Bowling Green – A great win on the road at Purdue, but it is simple they beat Ohio State they are in the Top 25. Look for QB Josh Harris to make some things happen this week at the Horseshoe!
Boise State – They were in my Top 25 most of last year and they are a well coached team with a lot of talent. They play at Oregon State, so if they can pull the win on the road a Top 25 is not out of the question.
Alabama – A tough loss at home to Oklahoma, but they can get into the Top 25 with wins over Northern Illinois and Arkansas, which is very capable with the talent Coach Shula has on this team.
Minnesota – Until this team beats anyone that is going that is going to have a winning record this season they will not make my Top 25. Lets start at Penn State in two weeks.
Texas Tech – Watch out for this team and QB Symons against North Carolina State this week. He is 60-92 for 715 yards and 8 Touchdowns this year and it doesn't look like they miss good old Kliff.
Northern Illinois – A tough one this week at Alabama, but anything is possible with this team. We saw the Maryland game at home and if they could pull it out they could give Bowling Green a run for their money.
Boston College – It is pretty simple if they beat Miami (Fl.) they are in the Top 25 after hammering Penn State this year.
Oklahoma State – Another win, so keep your eye on this team with a good Quarterback and Wide Receiver combination you can always do some damage in the Big Twelve.
Louisville – Keep your eye out on this team. They have beaten Kentucky and Syracuse both on the road. The Cardinals haven't lost a beat since John L. Smith has departed.
Air Force – Might be the best team in the MWC and a good QB to go with it, so watch out as the season unfolds.
UConn – The best independent team in the country and an easy win this week against Buffalo. If they can put something together next week against Virginia Tech, look out they will be on the move.
Mark Ouimet's Top 25 (Week 4)
The Michigan Insider Top Stories
Oregon Likes to Run; So Does MichiganOregon is one of the best transition teams in the country on offense and defense. So if Michigan tries to get up and down in this game it might be to its own detriment, right?…
The Michigan InsiderYesterday at 9:17 PM
WATCH: Donlon's Motivational MessagesFrom "street fight" to "not today", Michigan assistant Billy Donlon goes in-depth on the thoughts behind the messages he has use to motivate the Wolverines during their recent run.
The Michigan InsiderYesterday at 9:17 PM
La. 2018 WR: U-M is a 'great school'New Orleans (La.) Mcdonogh 2018 WR Lawrence Keys talks Michigan offer, possible visit and more.
The Michigan InsiderYesterday at 9:20 AM
Top Fla. '18 WR Copeland Talks MichiganPensacola (Fla.) Escambia 2018 WR Jacob Copeland updates recruitment, talks Michigan and more.
The Michigan InsiderYesterday at 9:01 AM
Standout WR Hazel Details B1G, ACC SuitorsUpper Marlboro (Md.) Wise receiver Isaiah Hazel holds six offers, and is making plenty of visits.
Scout FootballYesterday at 6:21 AM