1. Phillip Rivers, QB, North Carolina State – Definitely has the numbers with 100 out of 131 for 1,068 yards after three games, but two losses to go with the 10 Touchdowns on the year are a concern. So stay tuned to this guy -- if they win enough games he might stay ahead of everyone.
2. Chris Perry, RB, Michigan – Michigan just played a bad football team in Notre Dame, but great numbers so far this season with 80 carriers and 549 yards with 7 Touchdowns. A huge game on the road against a solid opponent, so will the stats continue?
3. Darren Sproles, RB, Kansas State – He is right on the heels of Chris Perry with 76 carries for 477 yards and 6 Touchdowns. He has a good offensive line and could make a run in the Big Twelve to contend for awhile.
4. Brock Berlin, QB, Miami (Fl) – Has thrown 54 of 92 for 722 yards with 5 Touchdowns and plays on a team that is going to continue to win. Watch out for this guy, because he could be the last guy standing at the end of the year.
5. Larry Fitzgerald, WR, Pittsburgh – Is the best WR in the country and as of two games he has 13 receptions for 247 yards and 6 Touchdowns. He is physical and has the speed to contend for this trophy.
6. Andrew Walter, QB, Arizona State – Watch out for this guy, because in two games he is 35 for 61 with 501 yards and 6 Touchdowns. He has a big test this week against Iowa on the road, but if he can have some success and even pull out a win he might gain some momentum.
7. Frank Gore, RB, Miami (Fl) – He has only played one for game so far this season, so he isn't out of it yet. Has 69 carries for 379 yards and remember they passed the ball most of the second half against the Gators.
8. Brad Smith, QB, Missouri – An exciting player to watch who is a double threat. He is 49 of 68 for 450 yards passing and 35 carries for 218 yards rushing with a total of 5 Touchdowns. If they continue to win or find ways to win down the road he might be able to pass some people.
9. David Greene, QB, Georgia – A huge game on the road against LSU this week, so we will see if he is a gamer. He is 49 of 72 for 678 yards and 3 Touchdowns this year, while plays on a pretty good team.
10. Chris Rix, QB, Florida State – He has played three decent teams and has good results with throwing 45 of 85 for 620 yards and 4 Touchdowns. Keep your eye on him and if they can keep winning he'll even have a better shot.
11. Jason White, QB, Oklahoma – He has played well in the first three games and doesn't make many mistakes. He is 69 of 107 for 845 yards and 9 Touchdowns. He plays on a great team and will get a lot of exposure down the stretch.
Outside Looking IN:
Eli Manning, QB, Mississippi – A tough loss a couple of weeks ago at Memphis, but good numbers so far with 69 of 106 for 918 yards and 8 Touchdowns.
Kevin Jones, RB, Virginia Tech – Banged up against James Madison and the Hokies were off last week, but play Texas A&M so we will find out this week.
Anthony Davis, RB, Wisconsin – Depends on how many games he will miss, but he has rushed for 425 yards on 61 carries with 4 Touchdowns.
Ell Roberson, QB, Kansas State – He had a chance, but his injury looks to have put his hopes on the self.
Cody Pickett, QB, Washington – Not the best numbers yet, but with Reggie Williams as your Wide Receiver the stats can pile in a hurry. We'll also have to watch as the Huskies play the good teams ahead.
Matt Leinart, QB, USC – Great team and a good player who will have a chance to put some numbers up on the board. He is very young, but if he can continue to minimize his mistakes he might have a shot.
Reggie Williams, WR, Washington – Depending how Washington season goes and what stats he might have coming in games soon will let us know if he is a real contender for this trophy.
Roy Williams, WR, Texas – Haven't heard his name much this year and a bad loss to Arkansas. He needs to get the ball so he can make some plays for the Longhorns and with his ability he isn't out of it yet.
Chris Gamble, DB-WR, Ohio State – Needs to do something special very fast or this guy will be out of the race.
Ouimet's Heisman Watch (Week 4)
The Michigan Insider Top Stories
Peach State Star RB Plans to Visit MichiganBuford (Ga.) 2018 RB Christian Turner says he has Michigan "high" on his list, but will he visit?
The Michigan Insider9:11 AM
United Stars Chicago Showcase: U-M EditionSeveral Wolverines targets were on hand and competed at this year's United Stars Chicago Showcase. The Michigan Insider was in attendance for this huge camp and has many updates on…
The Michigan InsiderYesterday at 7:14 PM
Latest on U-M target, '18 OL Jalen MayfieldGrand Rapids (Mich.) Catholic Central 2018 offensive tackle Jalen Mayfield has risen up the Maize and Blue’s recruiting board over the past weeks, especially after he visited Ann…
The Michigan InsiderYesterday at 7:10 PM
U-M leads for Fla. DB following visitNaples (Fla.) 2018 safety Sammy Faustin traveled up to Ann Arbor this past weekend and now has the Maize and Blue out in front for his services
The Michigan InsiderYesterday at 6:40 PM