THE SCHEDULES (with results):
Note: All of OSU's three road games have been close-or-a-loss. And U-M's two losses have been on the road as well.
OSU's 2003 schedule
August 30 No. 19 Washington W 28-9
September 6 San Diego State W 16-13
September 13 No. 22 N.C. State W 44-38
September 20 Bowling Green W 24-17
September 27 Northwestern W 20-0
October 11 at No. 22 Wisconsin L 17-10
October 18 No. 9 Iowa W 19-10
October 25 at Indiana W 35-6
November 1 at Penn State W 21-20 ... (scoring the winning TD in the 4th quarter with 1:35 remaining)
November 8 No. 15 Michigan State W 33-23
November 15 No. 10 Purdue W 16-13 ... (Overtime)
Michigan's 2003 schedule
August 30 Central Michigan W 45-7
September 6 Houston W 50-3
September 13 No. 14 Notre Dame W 38-0
September 20 at No. 22 Oregon L 31-27
September 27 Indiana W 31-17
October 4 at No. 19 Iowa L 30-27
October 10 at No. 13 Minnesota W 38-35
October 18 Illinois W 56-14
October 25 No. 10 Purdue W 31-3
November 1 at No. 10 Michigan State W 27-20
November 15 at Northwestern W 41-10
O F F E N S E S
(Note: U-M has the edge in most areas)
- Michigan is#2 in the Big Ten, 37.4 points per game.
- OSU is#7, 24.2 points per game.
- Michigan is#3 in the Big Ten, 188.4 yards per game ... OSU is#8 in the Big Ten, 130.6 yards per game.
- Chris Perry leads the conference in rushing -- 1435 yards. He also has scored 15 youchdowns. Lydell Ross leads OSU in rushing with 722 yards, and has scored 15 touchdowns.
- Michigan is#2 in the Big Ten, 270.1 yards per game ... OSU is#7 in the Big Ten, 196.5 yards per game.
- John Navarre is #2 in the conference, with 2782 yds, Krenzel #7 with 1630 yards.
- In touchdowns, Navarre has 21, Krenzel/McMullen 14.
- Michael Jenkins leads OSU with 41 receptions.
- Braylon Edwards leads U-M with 68 receptions, and Jason Avant has 42.
D E F E N S E S
(Note: OSU has the edge on the ground, U-M in the air)
- Pass efficiency: Michigan is #1 in the Big Ten (#3 Nationally) ... OSU is #4 (#25 nationally)
- Rush Defense: OSU is #1 in the Big Ten (and #1 Nationally), 55 yards per game ... Michigan is #6in the conference (#35 Nationally), 125 yards per game.
- OSU's DL Will Smith is 10th Nationally in sacks, and 8th Nationally in tackles for loss.
- Total Defense: OSU is #6 Nationally, Michigan #7 Nationally.
S P E C I A L T E A M S
(Note: OSU's are the only ones that are 'special')
- Net punting: OSU #1 in the conference (Nationally #4), Michigan is #11 in the Big Ten (Nationally #114).
- Punting: BJ Sander is #3 in the conference (43 yard average) ... Adam Finley is #11 in the conference (39.5 yard average).
- Field Goals: Mike Nugent is#3 in the Big Ten in field goals per game (with a 82% conversion %), Rivas #8 in the Big Ten (with an 81% conversion %).
- In Punt returns, Steve Breaston is #3 in the Big Ten, Michael Jenkins is #6.
T U R N O V E R S
(Note: neither is great)
OSU is '-1' on the season, Michigan '-3'
Michigan vs. OSU: The Tale of the Tape
The Michigan Insider Top Stories
Preview: Michigan vs. IllinoisPreviewing Michigan's upcoming game against Illinois.
The Michigan Insider7:23 AM
Tory Carter says Harbaugh “a Great Coach”Leesburg (Ga.) Lee County fullback prospect Tory Carter may be committed to LSU, but Jim Harbaugh and Michigan are working hard to change that.
The Michigan InsiderYesterday at 4:35 PM
Michigan Still #1 with Otis ReeseThe Michigan Insider made it to the Peach State last Friday where we saw Leesburg (Ga.) Lee County and 2018 Wolverine commit Otis Reese suffer their first loss of the season.…
The Michigan InsiderYesterday at 3:40 PM
TMI Highlights: Baron BrowningCheckout exclusive highlights of Kennedale (Texas) 2017 OLB Baron Browning.
The Michigan InsiderYesterday at 9:15 AM
Brad Hawkins Details If He Is A U-M CommitBrad Hawkins signed with Michigan in February but is at Suffield (Conn.) Academy. What did he tell Scout about his commitment status?
Scout FootballYesterday at 4:31 AM