Six recruits left, and five may decide before the end of next week!
It's Over For:
- RB Ja'Kouri Williams (Dec. 5 official visit, 2002 U-M Camper, 5-11, 180 lbs., 4.35 in the 40, 2.2 core GPA/18 ACT) from Plaquemine, La. As expected, he committed to Tennessee Sunday night.
Deciding very soon:
- DE/OLB Eugene Germany (Oct. 18 official visit, USC Nike stats: 6-3 1/2, 248 lbs…. 4.65 in the 40, 2.3 GPA) from Pomona, Calif. He told us he did not commit to USC at his officil visit last weekend (GBW Interview with Germany). However, USC is his last visit, he got a USC offer after getting his passing test score ... and he has the USC coaches in his home tonight. He will make his decision soon. Better stay close to GoBlueWolverine.com! He is TheInsiders's #16 Pac Ten area prospect, and a CaliFlorida Bowl Game participant.
Deciding This week?
- WR/CB Doug Dutch (Dec. 12 official visit, 6-2, 185 lbs., 4.3 in the 40, 3.9 GPA) from Washington D.C. Gonzaga, TheInsiders.com's #74 prospect, and a participant in the U.S. Army All-American Bowl Game. As Dutch told GoBlueWolverine Magazine last Wed. (GBW Interview with Dutch), his visits are finished and he is having his head coach in-homes now: Miami last Thurs., Florida Monday, Virginia last night, Coach Carr tonight (Wed.), and Maryland tomorrow night. All schools are still in it, although Michigan and Miami have been considered to have the best shot, along with Virginia.
Deciding Next week?
- WR Adrian Arrington (Dec. 12 official visit, 2002 U-M Camper, U-M Nike stats: 6-4, 177 lbs., 4.5 in the 40, 32.4 inch vertical, 4.28 sec. Shuttle … 3.5 GPA) from Cedar Rapids, Iowa, George Washington. This is Arrington's last visit, and, as his mother told us this week (GBW Interview with Arrington's mother), he will come home and begin the decision process between Michigan and Iowa. Better stay close to GoBlueWolverine.com! He is TheInsiders's #64 prospect, and a U.S. Army All-American Bowl Game participant.
- LB/DE Tim Jamison (Jan. 9 Michigan official visit, 6-3, 225 lbs., 2.25 GPA, Dec. ACT) from Harvey, Ill, Thornton. As he told us this week (GBW Interview with Jamison's father), he may or may not take an MSU visit this weekend ... and is deciding the 26th or possibly shortly after.
The Jan. 23 Official Visit Weekend:
- Athlete'/punter Johnny Ayers (6-1, 175 lbs., 3.7 GPA) from Vienna, Vir. (a suburb of D.C.), James Madison. As his mother told us this weekend (GBW Interview with Ayers' mother), he is visiting Boston College this weekend, and that so far schools are talking to him about a 'grey-shirt'. And an interview with his coach this week as well: (GBW Interview with Ayers' coach).
- OL/DL Dumaka Atkins (Jan. 23 official visit, 6-4, 280 lbs., 300 lb. bench press, 3.25 GPA/1110 SAT) from Sarasota, Fla., Booker. As he told us this week (GBW Interview with Atkins), he visited FSU last weekend but didn't commit. U-M and FSU will be his only two visits, and he will decide after his U-M visit next weekend (Jan. 23).
- Not visiting: OL Chilo Rachal (6-5, 290 lbs., 5.3 in the 40) from Compton, Calif. Dominguez. Rachal had been a 'soft commitment' to USC and was considering a U-M visit, but after visiting USC last weekend he told us he firmed up his SC commitment.
- Not visiting: OL Jeremy Perry (6-3, 290 lbs.) from Kuhuku, Hawaii. This seemed to be a case of his coaches mixing up U-M and MSU (where, it seems, he is visiting). Time will tell of course.
Waiting until Signing Day?
- WR Cameron Colvin (Sept. 13 official visit, STAN Nike stats: 6-1, 188 lbs., 4.31 in the 40, 3.85 shuttle, 32.4 inch vertical, 13 bench press reps. … 2.3 GPA/16 ACT) from Concord, Calif., De La Salle. As he told us this week (GBW Interview with Colvin), he still has a Miami visit to take next weekend. But -- USC is considered the main competition to Michigan, so how he feels about things this coming week is key! He is TheInsiders's #16 prospect, and a U.S. Army All-American Bowl Game participant.
Not totally/officially over for them, but ...
- TE Ryan Baker (Oct. 25 official visit, 2003 U-M Camper, 6-5, 235 lbs., 4.9 in the 40, 3.5 GPA) from Indianapolis, Ind., Bishop Chatard. Michigan has a tight-end commitment in Pat Massey ... if Eugene Germany picks USC will this change things with Baker?
- LB Brian Toal (6-2, 225 lbs., 4.5 in the 40, 10.8 100 meters, 37 inch vertical jump, 3.0 GPA/960 SAT) from Ramsey, NJ, Don Bosco. He has taken three visits now (Miami, BC, Tennessee), and Michigan is still in the running for one of the remaining two -- with Virginia Tech, Penn State, and Notre Dame. A 50% chance for a visit ...
- DL Corey Mills (Dec. 12 official visit, 6-4, 260 lbs., 4.8 in the 40, 3.3 GPA, 21 ACT) from Memphis, Tenn., Christian Brothers. Michigan is still in it for him, with Mississippi and (still visiting this weekend) Memphis ... but does U-M have enough DT commitments now?
(Note: with these last kids, what happens with the first six could affect things, especially for Baker and Mills.)
Jan. 20 -- The Latest On U-M Recruiting
The Michigan Insider Top Stories
MSU road losses still haunt MagnusonMichigan’s Erik Magnuson has made it a point to remind himself of U-M’s failures at rival Michigan State.
The Michigan Insider9:44 AM
Thomas puts perspective on spearing at MSUWATCH: Joe Bolden speared MSU's field two years ago, so the Spartans added a touchdown late, so the disrespect is warranted, says Michigan's Dymonte Thomas.
The Michigan Insider8:56 AM
Road test at MSU 'opportunity' for SpeightMichigan passing game coordinator Jedd Fisch views Saturday's matchup at Michigan State as a nice opportunity for Wilton Speight.
The Michigan Insider8:08 AM
College Football Coaches with Biggest BuyoutsCheck out the top 5 college football coaches with the biggest buyouts
ScoutYesterday at 4:00 PM