Deciding today, Friday morning:
- WR/CB Doug Dutch (Dec. 12 official visit, 6-2, 185 lbs., 4.3 in the 40, 3.9 GPA) from Washington D.C. Gonzaga, TheInsiders.com's #74 prospect, and a participant in the US Army All American Game. There is general optimism regarding Dutch picking U-M over Miami, Virginia, Florida and Maryland. BUT, Doug has never tipped his hat to anyone, including any of the National Gurus.
GBW's estimate of U-M's chances with him: 50%.
Deciding (possibly) this weekend:
- DE/OLB Eugene Germany (Oct. 18 official visit, USC Nike stats: 6-3 1/2, 248 lbs…. 4.65 in the 40, 2.3 GPA) from Pomona, Calif., (underrated as) TheInsiders #26 West prospect. Michigan had led for months for Eugene, then last week he got a passing test score. Suddenly USC jumped in with an offer, got a visit from him (Jan. 16 weekend), and took the lead helped by the current USC hype. The USC Head Coach was in the Germany home Tuesday evening hoping for a commitmet, but didn't get one. Michigan Coach English went back in the home Wed. to re-explain Michigan's academic plan for Eugene ... and consequently Eugene is thinking about things for perhaps a couple more days.
Deciding (possibly) early next week (taking their final visit this weekend):
- WR Adrian Arrington (Dec. 12 official visit, 2002 U-M Camper, U-M Nike stats: 6-4, 177 lbs., 4.5 in the 40, 32.4 inch vertical, 4.28 sec. Shuttle … 3.5 GPA) from Cedar Rapids, Ia., George Washington, TheInsiders' #64 prospect and a U.S. Army Game participant. He will come home from a Sat.-Mon. UCLA visit and decide as soon as he can -- probably between Michigan and Iowa.
GBW's estimate of U-M's chances with him: 50% again.
- LB/DE Tim Jamison (Jan. 9 Michigan official visit, 6-3, 225 lbs., 2.25 GPA, Dec. ACT) from Harvey, Ill, Thornton, TheInsiders' #61 prospect now and a participant in the U.S. Army Game. Coach Carr was in the Jamison home last (Thurs.) night. He visits MSU this weekend, and then will decide as soon as he can -- between Michigan, Wisconsin and MSU. Wisconsin had been considered the leader here, but Jamison's Wisconsin recruiter just took a job with Nebraska.
GBW's estimate of U-M's chances with him: perhaps slightly higher than 50%.
- OL/DL Dumaka Atkins (Jan. 23 official visit, 6-4, 280 lbs., 300 lb. bench press, 3.25 GPA/1110 SAT) from Sarasota, Fla., Booker. He visited FSU last weekend but didn't commit, and visits U-M this weekend. U-M and FSU will be his only two visits, and he will decide soon after his U-M visit, perhaps Monday.
GBW's estimate of U-M's chances with him: 50% or perhaps slightly lower.
And don't forget Michigan's other remaining top-top recruit (unless N.J. RB/LB Brian Toal decides to take his final visit to U-M), WR Cameron Colvin
- WR Cameron Colvin (Sept. 13 official visit, STAN Nike stats: 6-1, 188 lbs., 4.31 in the 40, 3.85 shuttle, 32.4 inch vertical, 13 bench press reps. … 2.3 GPA/16 ACT) from Concord, Calif., De La Salle. He is visiting Miami this weekend, but this is considered a Michigan/USC battle. Coach Carr still his one in-home left to take -- Colvin's. He plans to decide on Signing Day on Tom Lemming's Signing Day Show. He is TheInsiders.com's #16 prospect, and a US Army All-American Game participant.
GBW's estimate of U-M's chances with him: 50% or slightly higher (intuition on the 'slighly higher' part ... or wishful thinking?).
Weekend Recruiting Schedule is Packed
The Michigan Insider Top Stories
Peoples-Jones' Electrifying Touchdown GrabWatch Donovan Peoples-Jones blow by his defender for the 55-yard touchdown grab to give Detroit (Mich.) Cass Tech an early 7-0 lead over Detroit King in the PSL championship game.
The Michigan Insider5:48 PM
Preview: Michigan vs. IllinoisPreviewing Michigan's upcoming game against Illinois.
The Michigan Insider7:23 AM
Tory Carter says Harbaugh “a Great Coach”Leesburg (Ga.) Lee County fullback prospect Tory Carter may be committed to LSU, but Jim Harbaugh and Michigan are working hard to change that.
The Michigan InsiderYesterday at 4:35 PM
Michigan Still #1 with Otis ReeseThe Michigan Insider made it to the Peach State last Friday where we saw Leesburg (Ga.) Lee County and 2018 Wolverine commit Otis Reese suffer their first loss of the season.…
The Michigan InsiderYesterday at 3:40 PM
TMI Highlights: Baron BrowningCheckout exclusive highlights of Kennedale (Texas) 2017 OLB Baron Browning.
The Michigan InsiderYesterday at 9:15 AM