1. Cornerback/athlete Justin King (Planned 2004 U-M Camper, 5-11, 182 lbs., 2003 PSU Nike stats: 4.29 in the 40, 3.72 sec. shuttle, 37.1 inch vertical jump, 11 bench press reps., 3.0 GPA) from Monroeville. Considered perhaps the #1 junior prospect in Pennsylvania, he rushed as a junior for 1,763 yards (8.2 yards per carry) and 29 touchdowns; and as a cornerback he recorded 28 tackles, three fumble recoveries, and three interceptions. His stepfather/coach (a PSU grad) told us Justin would visit U-M for it's late Feb. Junior Day, for a spring practice, and for the Michigan Summer Camp. He is Max Emfinger's All-purpose back #2.
2. Nose tackle Terrance Taylor (2003 U-M Camper, 6-0, 285 lbs., 4.9 in the 40) from Muskegon, Mich. Taylor is one of the top two instate juniors, along with Kevin Grady, and has a Michigan offer. He attended several Michigan games last fall, and tells us Michigan is his leader. As a junior he made 68 tackles including 10 sacks. He is one of USA Today's Top Ten Juniors. Emfinger Nose Tackle #3.
3. Safety Adam Myers-White (6-3, 200 lbs.) from Hamilton, Ohio. The former head coach at Hamilton was Wolverine Andy Mignery's father. And White's dad played for Bo. He has a U-M offer, and plans to attend the Feb. 29 Junior Day ... but OSU reportedly leads.
4. Quarterback Evan Sharpley (Planned 2004 U-M Camper, 6-3, 190 lbs., 4.7 in the 40, 3.97 GPA) from Marshall, Mich. Sharpley, considered the top instate quarterback and one of the top five instate prospects overall, attended the OSU game last fall. He told us he grew up a Michigan fan, and will "possibly-probably" attend the Jan. 29 Junior Day. Emfinger 4-star prospect.
5. Tight end/defensive end J.B. Paxson (6-3, 260 lbs., 4.8 in the 40, 315 lbs. bench press) from Greenwood, Ind., Center Grove (Adam Finley's alma mater). He plans to attend the Feb. 29 Junior Day. Emfinger 4-star prospect.
6. Linebacker Chris Jeske (Planned 2004 U-M Camper, 6-2, 215 lbs., 4.5 in the 40, 4.3 GPA) from Joliet, Ill., Catholic (Mike Kolodziej's alma mater). As a junior Jeske made 163 tackles, 113 solo as Joliet Catholic won the Illinois State 5A title. He has early offers from Wisconsin and Northwestern, and Michigan visited his school in December. He will attend the Jan. 29 U-M Junior Day, and most likely attend summer camps at Michigan and Ohio State. Emfinger 4-star prospect.
7. Cornerback Brandon Harrison (5-10, 180 lbs.) from Dayton, Ohio Chaminade-Julienne. He's Emfinger's #2 Free Safety. He plans to attend the Feb. 29 Junior Day.
8. Linebacker Andrew Hawken (2003 U-M Camper, 6-2, 220 lbs., 4.65 in the 40) from Grandville, Mich. As a junior he missed 1 1/2 games due to injury, but recorded 1,270 yards and 23 touchdowns (as well as 38 receptions) to lead Grandville to the Division 1 semifinals. He grew up a Michigan fan and had plans to attend the Feb. 29th Ohio State game Junior Day. Emfinger 4-star prospect.
9. Linebacker Nick Lawrence (6-3, 215 lbs., 4.7 in the 40) from Brighton. Brighton -- home of Clint Copenhaver, Drew Henson and Dave Pearson. He plans to attend the Feb. 29th Ohio State game Junior Day. He is considered one of the state's top 15 prospects.
10. Wide receiver Selwyn Lymon (6-5, 190 lbs., 4.4 in the 40, 36 inch vert.) from Ft.Wayne Harding.
11. Wide receiver Ryan Allison (6-2 1/2 195 lbs, 4.59 in the 40, 4.47 shuttle, 29 inch vertical jump, 16 bench press reps.) from Lake Orion Mich.
12. Athlete Antonio Bass (6-1, 190 lbs.) from Jackson, Mich.
13. Athlete Akim Sanders (6-1, 190 lbs., 2.8 GPA) from Detroit Crockett.
14. Defensive end Christian Fleming (6-5, 250 lbs., 4.7 in the 40) from Erie, Penn., Strong Vincent. As a junior he made 41 tackles for loss and 23 sacks. He reportedly has a Michigan offer. He has been invited to the Jan. 29 Junior Day and might attend.
15. Junior commitment #1: Running back Kevin Grady (2002 U-M Camper, 5-9, 230 lbs., 4.5 in the 40, 2.7 GPA) from East Grand Rapids, Mich. The consensus #1 instate junior finished his junior season with 2,507 yards (including 235 in the State Championship victory) and 39 touchdowns. He committed Sept. 8, 2003, after attending the Houston game and before attending the Notre Dame game. He plans to enroll at U-M in Jan. 2005. Emfinger Tailback #1.
Building a Michigan Recruiting Junior Day
The Michigan Insider Top Stories
Gay 'fell in love with Michigan this weekend'Starkville (Ms.) 2017 four-star OLB Willie Gay says he "fell in love with Michigan this weekend."
The Michigan Insider1:56 PM
RECAP: Michigan cruses against IlliniTMI's Josh Newkirk and Sam Webb breakdown Michigan's 41-8 win against Illinois.
The Michigan InsiderYesterday at 5:27 PM
Watch: Harbaugh 'Impressed' with Illini winWatch Michigan coach Jim Harbaugh's opening statement after U-M's 41-8 win against Illinois.
The Michigan InsiderYesterday at 4:35 PM
Watch: U-M players looking forward to MSUWatch Michigan's Wilton Speight and Dymonte Thomas address rivalry week with Michigan State.
The Michigan InsiderYesterday at 4:15 PM
TMI Takeaways: Michigan defeats Illinois 41-8TMI takeaways: Behind U-M's balanced offensive attack, No. 3 Michigan cruised to an easy 41-8 victory against Illinois.
The Michigan InsiderYesterday at 4:00 PM