Best Guess Recruiting Class: The Long List, Part 2
The need: if James McKinney stays committed, and if he plays tight end (he could be a DL as well), the need may be filled. In fact, the need is relatively low here anyway.
- Junior commitment #2: ‘Jumbo athlete' (DL/TE) James McKinney (US Army Combine stats: 6-1 1/2, 274 lbs., 5.10 in the 40, 14 bench press reps., 24 1/2 inch vertical jump, 2.7 GPA) from Louisville, Kent., Central. He made unofficial visits for the Notre Dame and OSU games -- and committed shortly after the OSU game. McKinney is a true 'jumbo athlete' who could end up at any one of a number of positions, including tight end or defensive line. He is Max Emfinger's #3 Defensive Tackle.
- Tight end Dajleon Farr (6-6, 240 lbs., 4.56 in the 40) from Galena Park, Tex., North Shore. Max Emfinger's #1blocking tight end has U-M in his early top 5.
- Tight end James Dray (6-4, 235 lbs., 4.6 in the 40) from Oradell, N.J., Bergen Catholic. As a junior Max Emfinger's #3 Passing Tight End Dray caught 30 passes for 456 yards and four touchdowns; on defense, he made 110 tackles, including 71 solo stops, 19 tackles for loss, 14 sacks and five interceptions.
- Tight end Zach Potter (6-7, 240 lbs., 4.7 in the 40) from Omaha, Neb., Creighton Prep. As a junior, Potter had 19 catches, 315 yards, and four touchdowns; as a defensive end he had ten sacks. The Max Emfinger 4-star prospect has U-M in his early top 5.
- Tight End Scott Uziel (Planned 2004 U-M Camper, 6-4, 250 lbs., 4.75 in the 40, 3.5 GPA) from Murrysville, Pa., Franklin Regional. He is a Max Emfinger 4-star prospect.
- Tight end Anthony Moeaki (6-4, 255 lbs., 4.8 in the 40) from Wheaton, Ill., South. The Max Emfinger 4-star prospect has U-M in his early top 5.
- Tight end Tim McAvoy (6-5, 250 lbs., 4.8 in the 40) from Bloomington, Illinois. The Max Emfinger 4-star prospect has U-M in his early top 5.
The Need: with Justin Schifano committed, the need may be for two 'true tackles'.
- Junior commitment #3: Offensive lineman Justin Schifano (2003 Michigan Camper, 2003 PSU Nike stats: 6-4, 302 lbs., 5.1 in the 40, 30 bench press reps. of 185 lbs.) from Webster, N.Y., Schroeder. He told us he actually committed during his unofficial visit for the Notre Dame game Sept. 15, but he made his commitment public on Jan. 15. Schifano is a three-year starter at offensive tackle for Schroeder High School, which won the state title his freshman and sophomore seasons and lost its only game his junior season in the state championship game. He was considered perhaps the top offensive lineman at the 2003 PSU Nike Camp.He is Max Emfinger's #6 Offensive Guard.
- Offensive tackle Dan Doering (US Army Combine stats: 6-5 1/2, 270 lbs., 5.29 in the 40, 16 bench press reps.) from Barrington, Ill. He has a Michigan OFFER, and attended the Feb. 29 Junior Day and will return or a spring practice. Doering is one of USA Today's Top Ten Juniors, and Max Emfinger's #2 offensive tackle.
- Offensive tackle Reginald Youngblood (6-5, 275 lbs., 5.1 in the 40, 3.5 GPA/880 SAT) from Houston Washington. Max Emfinger's #4 offensive tackle has a U-M OFFER and may attend the 2004 Michigan Camp.
- Offensive tackle Chris Scott (Possible 2004 Michigan camper, 6-6, 305 lbs., 4.8 in the 40, 355 lb. bench press, 3.2 GPA) from Lovejoy, Ga. He attended a game on an unofficial visit last fall (2003). He is a Max Emfinger 4-star prospect. FSU and U-M lead early for him. The Seminoles may have the edge early, but camping would be a promising sign -- and he has a CB teammate who favors U-M.
- Offensive tackle Aleksey Lanis (6-6, 300 lbs.) from Los Angeles Crenshaw. Michigan is recruiting him hard, but it may be hard to get him out of LA. He is a Max Emfinger 4-star prospect.
- Offensive tackle Jamarcus Grant (6-5, 333 lbs., 5.0 in the 40) from Mullins, S.C. Michigan has reportedly OFFERed him.
- Offensive tackle Jason Kacinko (6-6 inches, 300 lbs.) from Penn-Trafford, Pa. He attended the Feb. 29 Junior Day. He's a Max Emfinger 4-star offensive tackle.
- Offensive lineman Matt Pipho (6-7, 250 lbs., 5.2 in the 40) from La Porte City Union, Ia. He is a Max Emfinger 4-star prospect.
- Offensive tackle Dace Richardson (6-8, 305 lbs., 5.2 in the 40) from Wheaton, Ill., South. He has offers from Iowa, Wisconsin, Northwestern, Purdue, Iowa St, Kentucky, Nebraska and MSU, but likes U-M as well. He's a Max Emfinger 4-star offensive tackle.
- Offensive lineman Rafael Eubanks ( 6-3, 305 lbs., 5.2 in the 40) from St Paul, Minn., Cretin-Durham. The Max Emfinger 4 star prospect has offers from Iowa, Minnesota, and Kansas State and likes U-M as well.
- LIneman Trevor Wikre (6-3, 265 lbs., 5.1 in the 40, 400 lb. bench press, 3.1 GPA) from Berthoud, Col.
- Defensive/offensive tackle Rocco Cirroni (6-6, 250 lbs.) from Warren, Ohio, Harding. He attended the OSU game last fall. He's a Max Emfinger 4-star prospect.
- Offensive lineman John Bachman Possible 2004 Michigan Camper, (U.S. Army Combine stats: 6-4, 240 lbs., 5.4 in the 40, 17 bench press reps.) from Moon Township, Penn. He attended the Feb. 29 Junior Day.
- Offensive lineman A.J. Haas (6-5, 300 lbs.) from Copley, Ohio, considered perhaps one of the top 2-3 Ohio O-Linemen.
- Lineman Ahmed Gause (6-4, 300 lbs.) from Harper Woods Trinity (formerly Bishop Gallagher, a prominent U-M pipeline: Darnell Hood, Markus and Julius Curry, et al.).
- Offensive guard Frazer Burton (U.S. Army Combine stats: 6-2, 313 lbs., 6.0 in the 40, 26 bench press reps. ... 2.55 GPA) from Brighton, Mich. He attended the Feb. 29 Junior Day.
- Offensive lineman Joel Nitchman (6-4, 270 lbs.) from Kalamazoo, Mich., Hackett. He attended the Feb. 29 Junior Day.
- Offensive lineman Phillip Pollard (Planned 2004 Michigan camper, 6-5, 275 lbs., 4.9 in the 40) from Westerville, Oh., South.
- Offensive lineman David White (Possible 2004 Michigan Camper, 6-2 1/2, 300 lbs., 5.26 in the 40) from Chardon, Ohio.
- Offensive lineman Brian Roche (Planned 2004 Michigan camper, 6-5, 275 lbs.) from rom Ramsey, N.J. Don Bosco Prep.
The Need: assuming Terrance Taylor is a future Wolverine, the additional need may be for two defensive ends.
- Nose tackle Terrance Taylor (2003 U-M Camper, 6-0, 285 lbs., 4.9 in the 40, 2.8 GPA/20 ACT) from Muskegon, Mich. Taylor is one of the top two instate juniors, along with Kevin Grady, and has a Michigan OFFER. He plans to attend the Jan. 29 U-M Junior Day. He attended several Michigan games last fall, and tells us Michigan is his leader. As a junior he made 68 tackles including 10 sacks. He is one of USA Today's Top Ten Juniors. He is Max Emfingers #3 Nose Tackle.
- Defensive end J.B. Paxson (6-3, 260 lbs., 4.8 in the 40, 315 lbs. bench press) from Greenwood, Ind., Center Grove (Jeremy Van Alstyne's and Adam Finley's alma mater). He is Max Emfinger's #4 Strongside Defensive End.
- Defensive end Hivera Greene is a big (6-5, 260 lbs.) and fast (4.75 in the 40) defensive end from Conway, S.C. Like his teammate Chris Huggins (WR, 6-3, 186 lbs., 4.5 in the 40) Greene has a U-M OFFER. He plans to attend the Michigan Spring Game with Huggins. In late March he told us he has a top four of, "Michigan, Oklahoma, Clemson, and Auburn." As a junior Greene recorded 134 tackles, five sacks4 deflected passes, and five forced fumbles.
- Defensive end Doug Worthington (Planned 2004 Michigan Camper, 6-7, 260 lbs., 4.7 in the 40) from Athol Springs, N.Y., St Francis. So far he has offers from Syracuse, Penn State, Buffalo, Pittsburgh, Maryland, Alabama, Tennessee, Virginia Tech, and Boston College. As a junior he recorded 67 tackles along with six sacks. He is Max Emfinger's #2 Strongside Defensive End.
- Defensive end Aaron Lewis (6-4, 265 lbs., 4.6 in the 40) from Albuquerque, M. Mex., La Cueva. Max Emfinger's #1 Strongside Defensive End has a N. Mex. offer, and is considering U-M among others. As a junior he made 89 tackles, 25 and a half sacks (a New Mexico state record), one blocked punt, five blocked passes and one blocked field goal.
- Defensive tackle Ekom Udofia (Possible U-M Camper, U.S. Army Combine stats: 6-0 1/2, 285 lbs., 25 bench press reps. ... 2003 Nike stats: 4.68 in the 40, 4.16 sec. shuttle ... 4.1 GPA/1160 PSAT) from Scottsdale, Ariz., Chaparral. USC is his early favorite, with Michigan perhaps second -- U-M coaches were by his school twice last winter. As a junior he recorded 72 tackles including 12 sacks. He is Max Emfingers #1 Nose Tackle.
- Defensive tackle Mataele Pau'u (USC Nike Stats: 6-3, 295 lbs., 5.2 in the 40, 27 bench press reps. ... 29.5 inch vertical jump) from Manhattan Beach, Mir Costa. Michigan sent him the most letters early, but he now has offers from the Arizona schools and Oregon, and USC is his early fav. He is a Morman so a mission is in his future. As a junior he made 98 tackles including 8 sacks. He is Max Emfingers #2 Nose Tackle.
- Defensive tackle Vincent Oghobasse (6-6, 300 lbs., 5.2 in the 40) from Alief, Tex., Hastings. He lists U-M, but his favs are LSU, Texas A&M and Oklahoa -- all of whom have offered. He is Max Emfingers #6 Defensive Tackle.
- Defensive tackle John Jerry (6-6, 320 lbs., 5.0 in the 40 from Batesville, Miss., South Panola. He claims a U-M OFFER, but lists a top 5 that doesn't include U-M. As a junior Max Emfinger's #2 defensive tackle made had 84 tackles and three sacks.
- Defensive/offensive tackle Rocco Cirroni (6-6, 250 lbs.) from Warren, Ohio, Harding. He attended the OSU game. He's a Max Emfinger 4-star prospect.
- Lineman Terrance Jamison (6-4, 230 lbs.) from Harvey, Ill., Thornton. Terance is the brother is U-M signee Tim, and U-M was able to make casual-contact with him when they did their in-homes and in-schools with Tim. Terrance is considered a DE prospect like his brother, but started on the O-line as a junior.
- Defensive end Chris McLaurin (6-4, 235 lbs., 4.80 in the 40) from Orchard Lake St. Mary's. As a junior he made 50 tackles and 9 1/2 sacks. He attended the MSU basketball game this winter.
- Defensive end/Tight End Antonio Hinton (2003 Michigan Camper, 6'5, 265 lbs., 4.60 in the 40) from Harper Woods, Mich., Trinity. If he qualifies he could be right up there with Kevin Grady and Terrance Taylor as the top instate juniors. Harper Woods Trinity (formerly Bishop Gallagher) has been a prominent U-M pipeline: Darnell Hood, Markus and Julius Curry, et al.
- Defensive end Christian Fleming (6-5, 250 lbs., 4.7 in the 40) from Erie, Penn., Strong Vincent. As a junior he made 41 tackles for loss and 23 sacks.
- Defensive lineman Ryan Routhier (6-4, 260 lbs.) from Lebanon, Ohio. He attended the OSU game last fall.
- Lineman Bryant Nowicki (6-3, 260 lbs.) from Bay City, Mich., John Glen. He attended the Indiana game last fall.
- DT/OL Ryan Custer (Planned 2004 Michigan Camper, 6-4, 290 lbs.) from Troy, Ohio.