Michigan's spring practices have generally been three a week, on Tues. - Thurs - Sat. Here are kids who have told us in the past couple days that they have been there for one.
This past week:
- Barrington, Illinois offensive linemen Offensive tackle Dan Doering (US Army Combine stats: 6-5 1/2, 270 lbs., 5.29 in the 40, 16 bench press reps.), Andy Laue (6-5, 275 lbs., 5.2 in the 40) and Otis Hudson (6-4 1/2, 275 lbs., 5.1 in the 40).
- Offensive tackle Dace Richardson (6-8, 305 lbs., 5.2 in the 40) from Wheaton, Ill., South. He visited for a spring practice and was OFFERed. He has offers from Iowa, Wisconsin, Northwestern, Purdue, Iowa St, Kentucky, Nebraska and MSU as well. He's a Max Emfinger 4-star offensive tackle.
- Linebacker Brandon Logan (Planned 2004 Michigan Camper, US Army Combine stats: 6-0, 189 lbs., 4.72 in the 40, 11 bench press reps., 26 inch vertical jump.) from Lexington, Kent., Catholic. The Logan family confirmed to us that Brandon was at spring practice. He is a two-time Michigan Camper (and has confirmed to us that he is coming again this summer) and has a U-M OFFER. The Wolverines and Georgia lead. He's a Max Emfinger 4-star prospect.
The prior week:
- Defensive tackle Terrance Taylor (2003 U-M Camper, 6-0, 285 lbs., 4.9 in the 40, 2.8 GPA/20 ACT) from Muskegon, Mich. Terrance just told us, "I was at Michigan a couple weeks ago, for a practice. I might visit a couple more places this spring. I'll probably go to Iowa, or maybe to Notre Dame." As far as the U-M Spring Game, see below. Taylor is one of the top three instate juniors (along with Kevin Grady and Antonio Bass) and has a Michigan OFFER. He attended the Jan. 29 U-M Junior Day, plus several Michigan games last fall, and he tells us Michigan is his leader. As a junior he made 68 tackles including 10 sacks. He is one of USA Today's Top Ten Juniors. He is Max Emfingers #3 Nose Tackle.
- Athlete Antonio Bass (6-1, 190 lbs., 4.4 in the 40, 3.0 GPA) from Jackson, Mich. His mother just told us, "Antonio was at a Michigan practice. He also plans to go to Michigan State sometime this week. And in the summer he plans to visit Virginia Tech and Maryland -- I have family out there." He has a U-M offer and attended the Feb. 29 Junior Day. He is one of the consensus top three instate juniors, and could play wideout, running back or cornerback. He is Max Emfinger's #4 "Super Athlete." Michigan leads for him.
Other spring practice attendees:
- Defensive end J.B. Paxson (6-3, 260 lbs., 4.8 in the 40, 315 lbs. bench press) from Greenwood, Ind., Center Grove (Jeremy Van Alstyne's and Adam Finley's alma mater). He is Max Emfinger's #4 Strongside Defensive End.
- Possible attendee: Safety Adam Myers-White (Possible 2004 Michigan Camper, 6-3, 200 lbs.) from Hamilton, Ohio.
And -- Saturday's Spring Game - Planned Attendees:
Note: the top attendees could be fairly small in number (due in large part to a small 04/05 U-M recruiting class ... there are only about 10 spots open) ... but with the following confirmed as coming, they will be 'mighty'.
- Cornerback/athlete Justin King (5-11, 182 lbs., 2003 PSU Nike stats: 4.29 in the 40, 3.72 sec. shuttle, 37.1 inch vertical jump, 11 bench press reps., 3.0 GPA) from Monroeville, Pa. His family has confirmed to us that he will be at the Michigan Spring Game. He also attended the Feb. 29 Junior Day, and his stepfather/coach (a PSU grad) also confirmed he'd be a 2004 Michigan Camper. Considered perhaps the #1 junior prospect in Pennsylvania, he rushed as a junior for 1,763 yards (8.2 yards per carry) and 29 touchdowns; and as a cornerback he recorded 28 tackles, three fumble recoveries, and three interceptions. He is Max Emfinger's All-purpose back #2.
- Nose tackle Terrance Taylor (2003 U-M Camper, 6-0, 285 lbs., 4.9 in the 40, 2.8 GPA/20 ACT) from Muskegon, Mich. Terrance just told us, "It's this Saturday -- I'll be there!"
- Athlete Antonio Bass (6-1, 190 lbs., 4.4 in the 40, 3.0 GPA) from Jackson, Mich. His mother just told us, "Yes, Antonio and his father will be at the Michigan Spring Game Saturday."
- Defensive end Hivera Greene (6-5, 260 lbs., 4.75 in the 40) from Conway, S.C. Greene has a U-M OFFER. He told us he plans to attend the Michigan Spring Game.
Spring Visits - Looking Back and Ahead
The Michigan Insider Top Stories
Peoples-Jones Wins PSL, Updates RecruitmentDetroit (Mich.) Cass Tech's Donovan Peoples-Jones leads Cass to PSL Championship, updates recruitment and more.
The Michigan InsiderYesterday at 6:05 PM
Evans suffers concussion, 'we'll see' for MSUMichigan coach Jim Harbaugh says freshman running back Chris Evans suffered a concussion vs. Illinois.
The Michigan InsiderYesterday at 5:40 PM
Michigan Next on Visit Docket for No. 1 Va.OTHighland Springs (Va.) 3-star offensive tackle Mekhi Becton has scholarship offers from across the country, including one from Michigan. After months of by building a long distance…
Scout FootballYesterday at 5:11 PM
WATCH: Harbaugh gives Walker updateWatch as Michigan coach Jim Harbaugh addresses the status of true freshman running back Kareem Walker after dressing for the first time this season.
The Michigan InsiderYesterday at 2:34 PM