- Chad Henne: 14-24 for 142 yards and 2 touchdowns to Braylon Edwards (with 1 int.). After a smmewhat shaky first quarter, Henne put on a solid, impressive performance. The last U-M quarterback to start his first game as a freshman: Rick Leach in 1975 -- also wearing #7!
- Braylon Edwards: 6 catches for 91 yards and 2 TD's.
- Steve Breaston: 4 catches for 33 yards; 3 punt returns for 40 yards (13 yard average).
- Team turnover margin: +5. U-M gets 4 ints. and 2 fumbles recoveries, while Henne throws 1 early game int.
- Ernest Shazor: an 88 yards interception return for a TD, 3rd longest in U-M history.
- Markus Curry: 2 interceptions.
- Pierre Woods: a sack-fumble.
- Gabe Watson: 1 tackle (Ha! Gabe disrupted the Miami interior O-line all day long!)
- David Underwood: 22 carries for 64 yards (2.8 yd. avg.) and 2 TD's.
- Jerome Jackson: 7 carries for 26 yds. (3.6 ypc)
... will Jerome pass Underwood on the depth chart?
Garrett Rivas: 1 for 1 on field goals (a 31 yarder); 4-6 on extra points (in his defense, both misses, accoring to special teams coach Debord, were bad holds).
Returner Ryne Robinson (who was 2nd in the nation in punt returns in 2003): 249 yards in returns, including 4 punt returns for 139 yards (35 yard average).
Winner of the right offensive tackle spot: Mike Kolodziej (minor surprise!)
True Freshmen who played: Chad Henne, RB Mike Hart, WR Adrain Arrington, DL Alan Branch, Tim Jamison (caused a sack).
Michigan-Miami: The Tale of the Tape
The Michigan Insider Top Stories
Two on Top for Chris JacksonFresh on the heels of a visit to the Great Lakes state Marietta (Ga.) Lassiter CB Chris Jackson has two schools sticking out on his list, and neither is from the south.
The Michigan Insider9:55 AM
QB Thompson-Robinson Assessing New OffersLAS VEGAS -- Scout.com caught up with four-star quarterback Dorian Thompson-Robinson at the Pylon 7on7 national championships to break down the impact the new offers from Alabama…
Scout Football9:15 AM
The Opening Miami: Recruiting NotebookDAVIE, Fla. -- Scout dishes out the latest recruiting scoop after spending all of Sunday at the Opening Miami Regional.
Scout Football6:09 AM
2018 safety "lost for words" by U-M offerNaples (Fla.) 2018 safety Sammy Faustin saw his recruitment continue when he picked up an offer from the Wolverines and talks about his interest level
The Michigan Insider5:41 AM
Walton Jr. Clutch Final Home GameDerrick Walton Jr. reflects on his clutch shot, last Michigan home game.
The Michigan InsiderYesterday at 8:59 AM