Yes, there is a 'mystery visitor' scheduled for the MSU game, for an official visit ... someone who is not on our Best Guess lists and hasn't been at least since spring. We won't say who it is, but it will be a big, and very pleasant, surprise -- and a guy who would meet a key U-M recruiting need!
Official Visits Scheduled:
- Cornerback/running back Victor Harris (Oct. 29 MSU game official visit, 6-0, 185 lbs., 4.45 in the 40, 2.8 GPA) from Highland Springs, Vir. grew up a U-M (and Miami) fan. As of early Sept. U-M and the home state schools may lead. His final six are: Maryland, Miami, Michigan (Oct. 30 MSU game offic. visit), USC (Oct. 16), Virginia and Virginia Tech (Dec. 11). He is TheInsiders' #25 prospect.
- Safety/linebacker Nic Harris (Oct. 29 MSU game official visit, LSU Nike stats: 6-2 1/2, 209 lbs., 35 inch vertial jump, 4.2 sec. shuttle, 12 bench press reps.) from Alexandria, Louisiana. He is making an official visit Oct. 29 for the MSU game. U-M is in his top two or three with LSU (camp, Nov. 20 official visit, leader?), A&M (camp, Sept. 17 official visit); he also has official visits scheduled to Nebraska (Nov. 26) and Oklahoma (Sept. 10). Note: don't call him a linebacker! He wants to play safety!
Planned Unofficial Visitors:
- The once-and-hopefully-future commitment: Defensive lineman James McKinney ('04 U-M Camper, US Army Combine stats: 6-1 1/2, 274 lbs., 5.10 in the 40, 14 bench press reps., 24 1/2 inch vertical jump, 2.7 GPA/17 ACT) from Louisville, Kent., Central. He plans unofficial visits to U-M for the Minnesota game. He is NOT going to graduate in Dec. He will make official visits to Michigan (Dec.), Clemson (Nov. 19), Nebraska (Nov. 26) and Oklahoma (Dec. 10). In late Aug. he told the Louisville Courier-Journal that U-M still leads. McKinney was a full week U-M camper, and worked out at both tight end and defensive lineman. McKinney and another top U-M recruit, Ky. LB Brandon Logan, are cousins. He is TheInsiders #75 prospect, and has been chosen to play in the U.S. Army All-American Game.
- James McKinney's cousin, linebacker Brandon Logan (‘02 & ‘03 U-M Camper, US Army Combine stats: 6-0, 189 lbs., 4.72 in the 40, 11 bench press reps., 26 inch vertical jump, 2.5 GPA/17 ACT) from Lexington, Kent., Catholic. He plans to attend the MSU game for an unofficial visit. As of late Sept. U-M leads for him, followed by Tennessee and Clemson as well as Florida, Kentucky, Louisville. Brandon did not attend the '04 U-M Camp because of a hamstring injury, but he is a two-time Michigan Camper. He attended a 2004 Spring Practice. He is TheInsiders' #72 South prospect.
- Offensive lineman David Moosman (Dec. 10 official visit, '04 U-M Camper, 6-3, 260 lbs., 5.3 in the 40, 360 lb. bench press, 2.9 GPA/26 ACT) from Libertyville, Ill. Moosman plans to attend the U-M/MSU game. David, Dan Doering and Dace Richardson all attended the U-M/Notre Dame game. In early Oct. he said Wisconsin (camp, Dec. 3 official visit) and Michigan (Dec. 10; camp) both lead slightly over Iowa (Dec. 17; camp), Notre Dame (Jan. 15; camp) and UCLA (late Jan.; he has family in LA). He'll make a late decision. He is TheInsiders #17 Midwest prospect.
MSU Game Visits Growing- Is There a Mystery Guest?
The Michigan Insider Top Stories
U-M visit draws high marks from DoyleThe Wolverines recently hosted one of top signal callers in the East with Washington (D.C.) St. Johns 2018 quarterback Kevin Doyle and he reflects back to his time spent in Ann…
The Michigan Insider8:58 AM
Barnes lands long awaited offer from MichiganMichigan recently extended an offer out to one of the best linemen in the country in Apopka (Fla.) 2018 offensive tackle William Barnes. The Scout 100 offensive tackle talks about…
The Michigan Insider5:16 AM
Gunnell Planning Summer Visit to U-MMichigan has been to Houston (Tex.) St. Pius X several times in the past year to check in on 2019 quarterback Grant Gunnell. Now the highly-regarded gunslinger is planning to…
The Michigan InsiderYesterday at 7:41 PM
Beilein: 'Grind Out' Win at RutgersMichigan's John Beilein will take U-M's 68-64 "grind out" win against Rutgers, with even bigger hopes down the road.
The Michigan InsiderYesterday at 7:27 PM