The 2004 Spring Game:
- Offensive lineman Justin Schifano (2003 Michigan Camper, 2003 PSU Nike stats: 6-5, 302 lbs., 5.1 in the 40, 30 bench press reps. of 185 lbs.) from Webster, N.Y., Schroeder. He told us he actually committed during his unofficial visit for the Notre Dame game Sept. 15, but he made his commitment public on Jan. 15. Schifano is a three-year starter at offensive tackle for Schroeder High School, which won the state title his freshman and sophomore seasons and lost its only game his junior season in the state championship game. He was considered perhaps the top offensive lineman at the 2003 PSU Nike Camp.
- Running back Kevin Grady (2002 U-M Camper, 5-9, 230 lbs., 4.5 in the 40, 2.7 GPA) from East Grand Rapids, Mich. He committed Sept. 8, 2003, after attending the Houston game and before attending the Notre Dame game. He plans to enroll at U-M in Jan. 2005.
- Athlete (QB/RB/WR) Antonio Bass (6-1, 190 lbs., 4.4 in the 40, 3.0 GPA) from Jackson, Mich. Antonio was there with his father.
- Cornerback/athlete Justin King (Planned 2004 Michigan Camper, 5-11, 182 lbs., 2003 PSU Nike stats: 4.29 in the 40, 3.72 sec. shuttle, 37.1 inch vertical jump, 11 bench press reps., 3.0 GPA) from Monroeville, Pa. He came to the Feb. 29 Junior Day and the Spring Game.
- Linebacker Derek Nicholson (Possible 2004 Michigan Camper, 6-1, 230 lbs., 4.6 in the 40, 340 lb. bench press, 32 inch vertical jump) from Winston Salem, N.C., Mt. Tabor. Nicholson looked more like 6-0 than 6-2, but he is certainly 230 lbs. - plus.
- Defensive end Terrance Jamison (6-4, 260 lbs.) from Harvey, Ill., Thornton. Terrance is the brother is U-M signee Tim. Terrance started on the O-line as a junior.
The 2004 Spring Game: More 2004/05 Recruiting Targets:
- Offensive lineman Cory Zirbel (6-7, 305 lbs.) from Murray, Kent. He attended the 2004 U-M Spring Game.
- Linebacker Nick Lawrence (6-3, 215 lbs., 4.7 in the 40) from Brighton, Mich. He also attended the Feb. 29 Junior Day.
- Quarterback Sean Price (6-2, 175 lbs.) from Maine, Ill., South. He broke the IHSA single-season passing yardage mark in 2003 with 4,751 yards in 14 games.
- Wide receiver/defensive back Talonnie Russell (5-11, 175 lbs., 4.4 in the 40) from Detroit DePorres. He also attended the Feb. 20 Junior Day.
- Wide receiver Otis Wiley (6-0, 180 lbs.) from Flint, Mich., Carmen Ainesworth. He also attended the Jan. 29 Junior Day.
- Offensive lineman Zach Hennis (6-8, 300 lbs., 365 lb. bench press) from Plain City, Ohio, Jonathan Alder. He also attended the Feb. 29 Junior Day.
- Lineman Joel Nitchman (6-5, 270 lbs.) from Kalamazoo, Mich., Hackett.
- Running back Mario Henry (5-8, 200 lbs.) from Erie, Pa., Strong Vincent. He also attended the Feb. 29 Junior Day.
- Cornerback Dominic Jones (5-9, 185 lbs.) from Columbus, Oh., Brookhaven.
- Defensive back Evan McCoy (6-0, 180 lbs.) from Battle Creek, Mich., Central.
Other Spring Practice Visitors
- Wide receiver Selwyn Lymon (6-5, 190 lbs., 4.4 in the 40, 36 inch vert.) from Ft.Wayne Harding. He also runs track, finishing 6th in the state in the 400 meters, and second in the long jump (22-4.5).
- Barrington, Illinois offensive linemen Offensive tackle Dan Doering (US Army Combine stats: 6-5 1/2, 270 lbs., 5.29 in the 40, 16 bench press reps.), Andy Laue (6-5, 275 lbs., 5.2 in the 40) and Otis Hudson (6-4 1/2, 275 lbs., 5.1 in the 40).
- Offensive tackle Dace Richardson (6-8, 305 lbs., 5.2 in the 40) from Wheaton, Ill., South.
- Linebacker Brandon Logan (US Army Combine stats: 6-0, 189 lbs., 4.72 in the 40, 11 bench press reps., 26 inch vertical jump.) from Lexington, Kent., Catholic.
- Nose tackle Terrance Taylor ('03 U-M Camper, 6-0, 285 lbs., 4.9 in the 40, 2.8 GPA/20 ACT) from Muskegon, Mich.
- Athlete Antonio Bass (6-1, 190 lbs., 4.4 in the 40, 3.0 GPA) from Jackson, Mich.
- Defensive end J.B. Paxson (6-3, 260 lbs., 4.8 in the 40, 315 lbs. bench press) from Greenwood, Ind., Center Grove (Jeremy Van Alstyne's and Adam Finley's alma mater).
- Defensive back Marcus Council (6-0, 205 lbs.) from Akron, Oh., Garfield. He attended the Feb. 29 Junior Day, and a spring practice.
- Wide receiver Donald Washington (6-3, 180 lbs., 4.5 in the 40, 38 inch vertical jump, 3.4 GPA) from Indianapolis, Ind. He attended a U-M spring practice, and the OSU game in the fall of '03. He is the state champ in the long jump (23-2.25).
- Defensive/tight end Eric Lorig (6-4, 255 lbs., 4.7 in the 40, 3.8 GPA) from Rolling Hills, Calif., Peninsula.
- Linebacker Chris Jeske (6-2, 215 lbs., 4.5 in the 40, 4.3 GPA) from Joliet, Ill., Catholic (Mike Kolodziej's alma mater).
- Wide receiver Brian Robiskie (6-3, 190 lbs.) from Chagrin Falls, Ohio. His father is Cleveland Browns offensive coordinator Terry Robiskie.
04 Spring Game, Spring Practice Unoffic. Visitors
The Michigan Insider Top Stories
WATCH: Lewis Lauds Harbaugh's RelentelessnessJourdan Lewis says Michigan headman Jim Harbaugh's penchant for never taking his foot off of the gas pedal even in games the Wolverines are winning in blowout fashion has instilled…
The Michigan Insider12:46 PM
Peoples-Jones Wins PSL, Updates RecruitmentDetroit (Mich.) Cass Tech's Donovan Peoples-Jones leads Cass to PSL Championship, updates recruitment and more.
The Michigan InsiderYesterday at 6:05 PM
Evans suffers concussion, 'we'll see' for MSUMichigan coach Jim Harbaugh says freshman running back Chris Evans suffered a concussion vs. Illinois.
The Michigan InsiderYesterday at 5:40 PM
Michigan Next on Visit Docket for No. 1 Va.OTHighland Springs (Va.) 3-star offensive tackle Mekhi Becton has scholarship offers from across the country, including one from Michigan. After months of by building a long distance…
Scout FootballYesterday at 5:11 PM
WATCH: Harbaugh gives Walker updateWatch as Michigan coach Jim Harbaugh addresses the status of true freshman running back Kareem Walker after dressing for the first time this season.
The Michigan InsiderYesterday at 2:34 PM