The Harris boys are here, Victor (Va. CB) and Nick (La. S/LB) ... on their official visits. They stuck together like glue.
- Victor Harris (6-0, 185 lbs., 4.45 in the 40, 2.8 GPA, from Highland Springs, Vir.) was in attendance with his mom and a sibling ... Victor is hard to reach as we all know, but this visit (trust us on this one) went extremely well. However -- some whispers that he may have committed at the visit are NOT true. Victor is 5-11 to 6-0 and about 185 lbs. ... he and Justin King will be 'bobsy twins' out there if both decide to pick U-M.
- Nick Harris (LSU Nike stats: 6-2 1/2, 209 lbs., 35 inch vertial jump, 4.2 sec. shuttle, 12 bench press reps., from Alexandria, Louisiana) left later in the day than Victor; we'll see if he gets home tonight in time to do an interview. Harris is tall and strong like Jamar Adams ... the question is will U-M have room for a safety in this class ... this could be a battle for a slot.
- WE FORGOTTENLY LEFT OFF OUR EARLY LIST: OL David Moosman (Dec. 10 official visit, '04 U-M Camper, 6-3, 260 lbs., 5.3 in the 40, 360 lb. bench press, 2.9 GPA/26 ACT, from Libertyville, Ill.) was in attendance; in fact David stayed overnight in order to tour the campus on Sunday.
- Ath. Antonio Bass (planned Dec. U-M official visit, 6-2, 190 lbs., 4.4 in the 40, 3.0 GPA/21 ACT, from Jackson, Mich.) was there with there his dad. Antonio was looking very happy after the game. And there's a certain pic you'll like to see ...
- Kentuckians and cousins LB Brandon Logan and OLB/DL/TE James McKinney were there.
-- Brandon (planned Dec. U-M official visit, ‘02 & ‘03 U-M Camper, US Army Combine stats: 6-0, 189 lbs., 4.72 in the 40, 11 bench press reps., 26 inch vertical jump, 2.5 GPA/17 ACT, from Lexington, Kent., Catholic) was with his parents, and they were all looking very happy after the game.
-- James (planned Dec. U-M official visit, '04 U-M Camper, US Army Combine stats: 6-1 1/2, 274 lbs., 5.10 in the 40, 14 bench press reps., 24 1/2 inch vertical jump, 2.7 GPA/17 ACT, from Louisville, Kent., Central) as usual, was stoic but friendly.
- Instate QB Chad Somerfield (6-2, 290 lbs.) from Mason was in attendance with his father. Chad is, amazingly, still not getting a lot of serious college attention, even from MAC schools ... we look for that to change. Note that Chad is 6-2, not the 6-4 advertised ... but then the same is true for Chad Henne ...
- DB Aubrey Pleasant (5-10, 195 lbs., 4.6 in the 40) from Montrose, Mich. He has offers from MSU and Illinois, plus several MAC schools.
- Ath. Kris Evans (6-0, 170 lbs., 4.5 in the 40, 3.87 GPA/22 ACT) from Monroe, Mich. Evans is getting a lot of MAC attention, plus plans to make official visits to Boston College and Stanford.
- LB Nick Lawrence (6-2, 215 lbs.) from Brighton, Mich. Nick was there with a Jr. teammate (see below).
- Mario Manningham (6-0, 180 lbs., 4.4 in the 40), with a Warren (Ohio) Harding contingent, including LM Rocco Cironi (6-6, 260).
- RB Kevin Grady (5-9, 230 lbs., 4.5 in the 40, 2.7 GPA) from East Grand Rapids, Mich.
- DL Terrance Taylor (6-0, 285 lbs., 4.9 in the 40, 2.8 GPA/18 ACT) from Muskegon, Mich.
- Tight end Carson Butler (6-5, 235 lbs., 4.6 in the 40, 2.9 GPA) from Detroit Renaissance ... with teeammate DE Andre Criswall (6-2, 230 lbs.).
- Quarterback Zach Frazer (6-3, 210) from Mechanicsburg, Pa., with his mom and dad. According to Scout.com's Hot News, he will attend the US Army Combine this Jan.
- Junior Ath. Alan Adams (6-0, 180 lbs.) from Detroit Cody.
- Junior QB/Ath. Mike Canfield (6-2, 180 lbs.) from Lansing Everett. He is considered one of the top 10 Jrs. in the state.
- Jr RB/DB Derek Brighton (6-1, 175 lbs.) from Allen Park, Mich. He is considered one of the top 10 Jrs. in the state.
-Linebacker Sidney Hoyle (6-3, 200) from Flint Central
- RB/FB Obi Ezeh (6-1, 220 lbs.) from Grand Rapids, Mich., Catholic Central.
- OL Charles Pike (6-4, 320 lbs.) from Bay CIty, Mich., All Saints.
- Linebacker/fullback Matt Giesow (5-11, 200) from Brighton, Mich.
-PG commitment - Jerret Smith (6-3, 195 lbs.) Romulus (MI)
-WG commitment - K'len Morris (6-5, 190 lbs.) Grand Blanc (MI) High
- C Tom Herzog (7-0, 210 lbs.) Flint (MI) Powers Catholic
-PF Deshawn Sims (6-7.5 228 lbs.) Detroit Pershing
-PG Tory Jackson (5-10, 170 lbs.) Saginaw (MI) Buena Vista
-WG Alex Legion (6-5, 185 lbs.) Detroit Country Day
-PG/WG Austin Thornton (6-5, 170 lbs.) Cedar Springs (MI) High
-PG Kelvin Grady (5-10, 170 lbs.) East Grand Rapids
-stay tuned as we'll continue to accumulate names from the visit weekend.