- Athlete (WR/QB) Antonio Bass (Dec. 3 U-M official visit, 6-1, 190 lbs., 4.4 in the 40, 3.0 GPA/21 ACT) from Jackson, Mich.
What's next: Visits done, in-homes done, decision soon. When and how he'll announce hasn't been announced, but it is expected this coming week. U-M is 'right there' for him.
Visits: V-Tech (Sept. 1), LSU (Nov. 12), U-M (Dec. 3), MSU (Dec. 10)
2004 stats: he rushed for 1,246 yards on 140 carries and 15 touchdowns. He also passed for 528 yards on 25 of 75 passing with four touchdowns and four interceptions. He is Scout.com's #60 prospect and #5 quarterback.
- Safety Nic Harris (Oct. 29 MSU game official visit, LSU Nike stats: 6-2 1/2, 209 lbs., 35 inch vertial jump, 4.2 sec. shuttle, 12 bench press reps., 22 ACT) from Alexandria, Louisiana.
What's Next: Visits done, decision will be made by Christmas. Will Saban's looking at the pros again help U-M? Will Harris be able to delay a public announcement until Signing Day?
Visits: Oklahoma (Sept. 10), Texas A&M (Sept. 17), U-M (Oct. 29), LSU (Dec. 3), Neb. (Dec. 10).
Stats: As a senior he had 11 interceptions and 93 tackles. He is Scout.com's #58 Southeast prospect, and #9 linebacker.
Visits Finished, January Decision
- Defensive/offensive tackle Marques Slocum (Dec. 10 U-M official visit, PSU Nike stats: 6-6, 330 lbs., 5.09 in the 40 ... 300 lb. bench press, 2.0 GPA) from Philadelphia West Catholic.
What's Next: He did not go to Md. Dec. 17; his visits are done. It's U-M or MSU - and reportedly a Jan. 19 press conference decision ... it is also possible that he will announce his decision at the U.S. Army All American Game Jan. 15th.
Visits: MSU (Dec. 3), U-M (Dec. 10).
Stats:He is Scout.com's #87 prospect and #12 defensive lineman. He has been chosen to play in the U.S. Army All American Game.
Possibly taking other visit/visits in January.
- The once-and-hopefully-future commitment: DT/DE/TE James McKinney (Dec. 10 U-M official visit, '04 U-M Camper, US Army Combine stats: 6-1 1/2, 274 lbs., 5.10 in the 40, 14 bench press reps., 24 1/2 inch vertical jump, 2.7 GPA/17 ACT) from Louisville, Kent., Central.
What's Next: 3 visits done, 1-2 more to take for final visit (or possibly visits) in Jan.: OSU, Oklahoma or Fla. It's quite possible he'll make his decision at the U.S.Army All-American Game Jan. 15th.
Visits: Neb (Nov. 26), Clem (Dec. 3), U-M (Dec. 10), Louis. (Dec. 17, cut short) ... possible OSU, Oklahoma or Fla. in late Jan.
Stats: Senior (10-2) stats: 70 tackles/10 sacks/3 blocked FG/4 batted passes/7 FC. He is Scout.com's #83 prospect and #9 tight end, and has been chosen to play in the U.S. Army All-American Game.
- Offensive tackle Dace Richardson (Dec. 3 official visit, 6-8, 305 lbs., 5.2 in the 40, 2.8 GPA/18 ACT) from Wheaton, Ill., South.
What's Next: One more visit in Jan., maybe two. Late decision, after U.S. All American game. Note: Iowa is the big fav here.
Visits: Tenn (Oct. 23), U-M (Dec. 3), Iowa (Dec. 10), USC (Jan. 22).
Stats: He is Scout.com's #24 prospect and #4 offensive lineman. He has been selected to play in the U.S. Army All American game.
Possible January Michigan Visitors:
Note: Michigan may not need January visitors to fill the class, but just in case, here are some possibilities.
- Defensive tackle/end Kyle Moore (Possible Jan. 7 official visit, 6-6, 255 lbs., 4.9 in the 40, 3.0 GPA/960 SAT) from Warner Robbins, Ga., Houston County.
What's Next: he has been to USC, Oklahoma, Tennessee. If he takes Jan. visits, it looks like it's to U-M (Jan. 7) and Miami (Jan. 14).
Stats: He is Scout.com's' #85 Southeast prospect and #21 defensive end.
- Defensive end Lawrence Wilson (Possible Jan. U-M official visit, 6-6, 225 lbs.) from Akron, Ohio, St. Vincent-St. Mary's.
What's Next: OSU visit done, possible U-M (Jan.) to take.
- Linebacker Rico McCoy (Possible Jan. U-M visit, '03 U-M Camper, 6-1, 215 lbs., 4.55 in the 40, 2. GPA) from Washington D.C. St. John's College.
What's Next: 3 done, 2 to go. Three visits done: Pitt (Nov. 26), OSU (Dec. 3), and Tenn (Dec. 10). Two visits to go: Miami (Dec. 17), and perhaps U-M in January.
Stats: As a senior he had 118 tackles, seven sacks, eight tackles for a loss, three forced fumbles, two interceptions and eight rushing touchdowns. He is TheInsiders' #81 prospect and #15 outside linebacker, and has been named to the US Army All American team.
- Cornerback/Ath. Derek Pegues (Dec. 10 official visit - postponed, 5-11, 190 lbs., 4.4 in the 40, 2.8 GPA/18 ACT) from Batesville, Miss., South Panola.
What's Next: Jan. visits. He's only been to Tenn (Dec. 10 visit), and plans to visit LSU (Jan. 21) and Miss. (Jan. 28) ... will U-M get a Jan. visit?
Stats: As a senior he led his team to its 2nd straight state championship by rushing (from the QB spot) for 1,600 yards and 26 TD's rushing and passing for 700 yards and 8 TD's; as a CB he had 7 int's and 51 tackles. He is TheInsiders #45 Southeast prospect, and #16 quarterback. He has been chosen to play in the U.S. Army All American Game.