Note: with Derek Pegues (dropped), Rico McCoy (assume the LB spot is filled by Brandon Logan) and Dace Richardson (ditto McCoy, assume OL is filled) not on this list, the top THREE recruits to follow at this point have to be (in GoBlueWolverine's opinion) Antonio Bass and James McKinney, and Marcus Slocum ... with Nick Harris still on our board as well.
Done with Visits, Decision With a Week:
- NEW - Athlete (WR/QB) Antonio Bass (Dec. 3 U-M official visit, 6-1, 190 lbs., 4.4 in the 40, 3.0 GPA/21 ACT) from Jackson, Mich.
What's next: Decision Wed. at 10 AM. U-M is 'right-RIGHT there' for him.
Visits: V-Tech (Sept. 1), LSU (Nov. 12), U-M (Dec. 3), MSU (Dec. 10)
2004 stats: he rushed for 1,246 yards on 140 carries and 15 touchdowns. He also passed for 528 yards on 25 of 75 passing with four touchdowns and four interceptions. He is Scout.com's #60 prospect and #5 quarterback.
- Safety Nic Harris (Oct. 29 MSU game official visit, LSU Nike stats: 6-2 1/2, 209 lbs., 35 inch vertial jump, 4.2 sec. shuttle, 12 bench press reps., 22 ACT) from Alexandria, Louisiana.
What's Next: Visits done, decision will be made by Christmas. Will Saban's looking at the pros again help U-M? Will Harris be able to delay a public announcement until Signing Day?
Visits: Oklahoma (Sept. 10), Texas A&M (Sept. 17), U-M (Oct. 29), LSU (Dec. 3), Neb. (Dec. 10).
Stats: As a senior he had 11 interceptions and 93 tackles. He is Scout.com's #58 Southeast prospect, and #9 linebacker.
Visits Finished, January Decision.
- Defensive/offensive tackle Marques Slocum (Dec. 10 U-M official visit, PSU Nike stats: 6-6, 330 lbs., 5.09 in the 40 ... 300 lb. bench press, 2.0 GPA) from Philadelphia West Catholic.
What's Next: He did not go to Md. Dec. 17; his visits are done. It's U-M or MSU - and reportedly a Jan. 19 press conference decision ... it is also possible that he will announce his decision at the U.S. Army All American Game Jan. 15th.
Visits: MSU (Dec. 3), U-M (Dec. 10).
Stats: He is Scout.com's #87 prospect and #12 defensive lineman. He has been chosen to play in the U.S. Army All American Game.
Possibly taking other visit/visits in January.
- The once-and-hopefully-future commitment: DT/DE/TE James McKinney (Dec. 10 U-M official visit, '04 U-M Camper, US Army Combine stats: 6-1 1/2, 274 lbs., 5.10 in the 40, 14 bench press reps., 24 1/2 inch vertical jump, 2.7 GPA/17 ACT) from Louisville, Kent., Central.
What's Next: 3 visits done, 1-2 more to take for final visit (or possibly visits) in Jan.: OSU, Oklahoma or Fla. It's quite possible he'll make his decision at the U.S.Army All-American Game Jan. 15th. Does Michigan lead?
Visits: Neb (Nov. 26), Clem (Dec. 3), U-M (Dec. 10), Louis. (Dec. 17, cut short) ... in late Jan. possible Oklahoma visit, or OSU or Fla.
Stats: Senior (10-2) stats: 70 tackles/10 sacks/3 blocked FG/4 batted passes/7 FC. He is Scout.com's #83 prospect and #9 tight end, and has been chosen to play in the U.S. Army All-American Game.
Possible January Michigan Visitors:
Note: Michigan may not need January visitors to fill the class, but just in case, here are still a couple possibilities.
- Defensive tackle/end Kyle Moore (Possible Jan. 7 official visit, 6-6, 255 lbs., 4.9 in the 40, 3.0 GPA/960 SAT) from Warner Robbins, Ga., Houston County.
What's Next: he has been to USC, Oklahoma, Tennessee. If he takes Jan. visits, it looks like it's to U-M (Jan. 7) and Miami (Jan. 14).
Stats: He is Scout.com's' #85 Southeast prospect and #21 defensive end.
- Defensive end Lawrence Wilson (Possible Jan. U-M official visit, 6-6, 225 lbs.) from Akron, Ohio, St. Vincent-St. Mary's.
What's Next: OSU visit done, possible U-M (Jan.) to take for the ND decommitment.
Tues. Football Recruiting: The Latest On Everyone
The Michigan Insider Top Stories
Badgers rally late, defeat Wolverines 68-64Late comeback sparks No. 17 Wisconsin's 68-64 win against Michigan.
The Michigan Insider8:24 PM
U-M Among Standouts for Clemson OL TransferAfter losing former U.S Army All American lineman Jake Fruhmorgen to Clemson a little over two years ago, Michigan now has another chance to land him.
The Michigan Insider5:29 PM
Scouting Eli BrooksThe Michigan Insider's Eugene Hankerson was court-side at Carlisle (Pa.) high Monday night to see the home team do battle Spring Grove (Pa.) featuring 2017 Michigan point guard…
The Michigan Insider1:35 PM
Big Season Launches 2018 4-star DE MartinAfter a big junior season, San Bernardino (Calif.) Cajon 2018 defensive end Jeremiah Martin has a handful of schools offering and more interest...
Scout Football1:30 PM
Beilein: Wisconsin will put pressure on U-MMichigan coach John Beilein previews tonight's primetime match-up with Wisconsin on the road in Madison.
The Michigan Insider12:11 PM