Note: with Derek Pegues (dropped), Rico McCoy (assume the LB spot is filled by Brandon Logan) and Dace Richardson (ditto McCoy, assume OL is filled) not on this list, the top THREE recruits to follow at this point have to be (in GoBlueWolverine's opinion) Antonio Bass and James McKinney, and Marcus Slocum ... with Nick Harris still on our board as well.
Done with Visits, Decision With a Week:
- NEW - Athlete (WR/QB) Antonio Bass (Dec. 3 U-M official visit, 6-1, 190 lbs., 4.4 in the 40, 3.0 GPA/21 ACT) from Jackson, Mich.
What's next: Decision Wed. at 10 AM. U-M is 'right-RIGHT there' for him.
Visits: V-Tech (Sept. 1), LSU (Nov. 12), U-M (Dec. 3), MSU (Dec. 10)
2004 stats: he rushed for 1,246 yards on 140 carries and 15 touchdowns. He also passed for 528 yards on 25 of 75 passing with four touchdowns and four interceptions. He is Scout.com's #60 prospect and #5 quarterback.
- Safety Nic Harris (Oct. 29 MSU game official visit, LSU Nike stats: 6-2 1/2, 209 lbs., 35 inch vertial jump, 4.2 sec. shuttle, 12 bench press reps., 22 ACT) from Alexandria, Louisiana.
What's Next: Visits done, decision will be made by Christmas. Will Saban's looking at the pros again help U-M? Will Harris be able to delay a public announcement until Signing Day?
Visits: Oklahoma (Sept. 10), Texas A&M (Sept. 17), U-M (Oct. 29), LSU (Dec. 3), Neb. (Dec. 10).
Stats: As a senior he had 11 interceptions and 93 tackles. He is Scout.com's #58 Southeast prospect, and #9 linebacker.
Visits Finished, January Decision.
- Defensive/offensive tackle Marques Slocum (Dec. 10 U-M official visit, PSU Nike stats: 6-6, 330 lbs., 5.09 in the 40 ... 300 lb. bench press, 2.0 GPA) from Philadelphia West Catholic.
What's Next: He did not go to Md. Dec. 17; his visits are done. It's U-M or MSU - and reportedly a Jan. 19 press conference decision ... it is also possible that he will announce his decision at the U.S. Army All American Game Jan. 15th.
Visits: MSU (Dec. 3), U-M (Dec. 10).
Stats: He is Scout.com's #87 prospect and #12 defensive lineman. He has been chosen to play in the U.S. Army All American Game.
Possibly taking other visit/visits in January.
- The once-and-hopefully-future commitment: DT/DE/TE James McKinney (Dec. 10 U-M official visit, '04 U-M Camper, US Army Combine stats: 6-1 1/2, 274 lbs., 5.10 in the 40, 14 bench press reps., 24 1/2 inch vertical jump, 2.7 GPA/17 ACT) from Louisville, Kent., Central.
What's Next: 3 visits done, 1-2 more to take for final visit (or possibly visits) in Jan.: OSU, Oklahoma or Fla. It's quite possible he'll make his decision at the U.S.Army All-American Game Jan. 15th. Does Michigan lead?
Visits: Neb (Nov. 26), Clem (Dec. 3), U-M (Dec. 10), Louis. (Dec. 17, cut short) ... in late Jan. possible Oklahoma visit, or OSU or Fla.
Stats: Senior (10-2) stats: 70 tackles/10 sacks/3 blocked FG/4 batted passes/7 FC. He is Scout.com's #83 prospect and #9 tight end, and has been chosen to play in the U.S. Army All-American Game.
Possible January Michigan Visitors:
Note: Michigan may not need January visitors to fill the class, but just in case, here are still a couple possibilities.
- Defensive tackle/end Kyle Moore (Possible Jan. 7 official visit, 6-6, 255 lbs., 4.9 in the 40, 3.0 GPA/960 SAT) from Warner Robbins, Ga., Houston County.
What's Next: he has been to USC, Oklahoma, Tennessee. If he takes Jan. visits, it looks like it's to U-M (Jan. 7) and Miami (Jan. 14).
Stats: He is Scout.com's' #85 Southeast prospect and #21 defensive end.
- Defensive end Lawrence Wilson (Possible Jan. U-M official visit, 6-6, 225 lbs.) from Akron, Ohio, St. Vincent-St. Mary's.
What's Next: OSU visit done, possible U-M (Jan.) to take for the ND decommitment.
Tues. Football Recruiting: The Latest On Everyone
The Michigan Insider Top Stories
Michigan making Georgia CB a top 'Priority'College Park (Ga.) Hapeville Charter 2018 CB Christopher Smith is building a bond with Jim Harbaugh and Michigan.
The Michigan InsiderYesterday at 5:19 PM
Texas DB Compares Himself to PeppersHouston (Tex.) Lamar defensive back D’Shawn Jamison isn’t one of the biggest defensive backs in the 2018 class, but that hasn’t stopped him from being regarded as one of the best.…
The Michigan InsiderYesterday at 4:07 PM
U-M visit draws high marks from DoyleThe Wolverines recently hosted one of top signal callers in the East with Washington (D.C.) St. Johns 2018 quarterback Kevin Doyle and he reflects back to his time spent in Ann…
The Michigan InsiderYesterday at 8:58 AM
Barnes lands long awaited offer from MichiganMichigan recently extended an offer out to one of the best linemen in the country in Apopka (Fla.) 2018 offensive tackle William Barnes. The Scout 100 offensive tackle talks about…
The Michigan InsiderYesterday at 5:16 AM
Gunnell Planning Summer Visit to U-MMichigan has been to Houston (Tex.) St. Pius X several times in the past year to check in on 2019 quarterback Grant Gunnell. Now the highly-regarded gunslinger is planning to…
The Michigan InsiderWednesday at 7:41 PM