Sept. 3 (Northern Illinois game):
- Unofficial visit: Junior CB/S Ron Johnson from Muskegon, Michigan. One of the top 2-3 juniors in the state (and quite possibly the best), the U-M Camper Johnson is one guy the Wolverines will likely try to lock up as early as possible. Having Johnson's friend and former teammate Terrance Taylor at U-M will help.
Note: we will give you a list of 'kids spotted' at the game on Saturday evening or Sunday.
Sept. 10 (Notre Dame game):
- Antwine Perez CB/S 6'2 195 4.53 Camden Woodrow Wilson New Jersey. Scout.com's #41 prospect. Perez has named a final three: U-M (Sept. 10 official visit), USC (Sept. 17) and LSU (Sept. 24; he may drop the Tigers). This could end up another U-M/USC battle for a top DB, and Perez will decide in early October and enter college in January.
- Jonas Mouton S 6'2 212 4.50 Venice California. Scout.com's #42 prospect. He has scheduled a U-M official visit for Sept. 10 for the ND game. U-M (Sept. 9) and Nebraska (Sept. 2) and LSU (he grew up in Louisiana) are his leaders, plus USC, along with Arizona, Oklahoma. He is friends with Eugene Germany and Chris Richards. A Venice coach was one of the coaches at the U-M camp this summer.
- Darrin Walls CB 6'1 185 4.37 Pittsburgh Woodland Hills Pennsylvania (the alma mater of Steve Breason and Ryan Mundy). Scout.com's #78 prospect. U-M (Sept. 3 official visit), Pitt (Sept. 3) and Notre Dame (Oct. 15) are his tri-leaders, with Florida (Sept. 17 official visit) strong as well. He is no longer in a hurry to make a commitment, even a 'silent' one, to any school.
-- Junior TE/WR Jon Ditto (PSU Nike Stats: 6-3, 205, 4.55 sec. 40, 4.31 sec. shuttle, 28 inch vertical, 19 bench press reps.) from Monroeville, Pa., Gateway.
Oct. 14 (Penn State game):
- Joshua Tatum LB/RB 6'2 215 4.51 Oakland McClymonds California. Scout.com's #24 prospect has official visits set to Michigan Oct. 14, Tennessee Oct. 28, Miami Nov. 18, USC Dec. 2, and Cal Dec. 9.
Nov. 19 (Ohio State game):
- Tim Tebow QB 6'3 225 4.61 (38 bench press reps at Talahassee Nike) Jacksonville Nease Florida. Scout.com's #35 prospect lists Florida (the odds-on fav?), Michigan, Alabama (he has former teammates playing there) USC, and South Carolina, and maybe FSU and Miami as well. He also visited U-M for the Northwestern game last fall.
- Toryan Smith LB 6'0 241 4.61 Rome Georgia. Scout.com's #91 Southeast prospect. He has scheduled official visits to Oklahoma (Sept. 3), Notre Dame (Oct. 15), Michigan (Nov. 19 OSU game), and Florida (Nov. 26). He'll also drive to unofficial visits to Auburn and LSU.
Notable Michigan recruits who have some official visits set, but not yet with Michigan:
- Micah Johnson DL/LB 6'2 277 4.70 Fort Campbell Kentucky. Scout.com's #10 prospect. Johnson has a top 8, and says Michigan and Georgia (Sept. 3 official visit) will make his final cut to a top 5, along with Kentucky. He also lists Georgia, LSU, Michigan, Louisville, Auburn, Alabama, Virginia.
- Devin Ross CB 5'10 165 4.44 Rancho Cucamonga California. Scout.com's #49 prospect. U-M should know soon whether they are in it for Ross, or whether he'll stay on the West Coast -- and may even commit to a Western school soon. He has scheduled an official visit to Nebraska for Sept. 2.
- U-M has parted ways with: A.J. Wallace CB 6'1 195 4.37 Pomfret McDonough Maryland. Scout.com's #44 East prospect. U-M was his only summer camp, but it was obvious at camp that he and U-M were not the good fit it was previous thought they'd be -- both on the field and off.
Early Visits Feature Top Defensive Back Recruits
The Michigan Insider Top Stories
U-M Getting Big Assist in Reitmaier PursuitNashville (Tenn.) Lipscomb defensive lineman Rutger Reitmaier remains committed to Oregon, but the relationship he and his family have built with Michigan in recent months have…
The Michigan InsiderYesterday at 7:42 AM
Announcement Date Set for Irving-BeyFlint (Mich.) Southwestern defensive lineman Deron Irving-Bey will announce his decision at the Army All American Game in San Antonio, Texas on January 7th. His visit schedule…
The Michigan InsiderYesterday at 7:11 AM
WATCH: Beilein 'We'll grow from it'Watch: Michigan coach John Beilein says U-M will "grow" from its 73-70 loss against Virginia Tech.
The Michigan InsiderWednesday at 7:08 PM
U-M struggles late, lose to Va. Tech 73-70Michigan struggles late, lose to Virginia Tech, 73-70, in the ACC-Big Ten Challenge.
The Michigan InsiderWednesday at 5:25 PM