Tom's Midweek Tidbits
1. Injuries. Safety Julius Curry looks to be out for a while, so the defensive back position is get thinner once again. With corner Zia Combs going down a week earlier, Michigan has now pretty much expended it's depth at DB. Defensive lineman Norm Heuer is back. Chris Perry is getting dinged up but will play -- this is the time of year a LOT of guys are banged up.
2. As Mark Ouimet has noted, the Iowa game looks to be another shootout, perhaps the biggest one yet for the Wolverines. If the game is well-played by both teams, the score could easily be in the 30's for both. And, since Iowa has a solid place-kicking game (15 for 15 this year), Michigan cannot afford turnovers.
3. Game day visitors. This weekend looks to be more of a big 'junior day' (including RB Derrick Brooks from Det. Catholic Central), with the MSU game being a big visitors game for senior recruits (after going back and forth between hosting officials/unofficials, fully six kids at this point are being brought in for official MSU-game visits: Jayson Swain, Ryan Mundy, Lamarr Woodley, Doug Van Dyke, Paul Oliver and Jerome Jackson ... this is an unprecedented number for a Michigan home game weekend).
4. Every year some recruits (and/or their parents) rather like talking to the press, others shun it. This year there are more of the latter than ever. Of course, these kids are getting interviewed more than ever this year as well, so one can't blame those who avoid talking. We will keep plugging away at the 'hard to reach' kids.
5. This evening we will update the "Visitors List" and place it in the "Spotlight" section at the bottom of the main page.
Tom's Midweek Tidbits
The Michigan Insider Top Stories
MSU road losses still haunt MagnusonMichigan’s Erik Magnuson has made it a point to remind himself of U-M’s failures at rival Michigan State.
The Michigan Insider9:44 AM
Thomas puts perspective on spearing at MSUWATCH: Joe Bolden speared MSU's field two years ago, so the Spartans added a touchdown late, so the disrespect is warranted, says Michigan's Dymonte Thomas.
The Michigan Insider8:56 AM
Road test at MSU 'opportunity' for SpeightMichigan passing game coordinator Jedd Fisch views Saturday's matchup at Michigan State as a nice opportunity for Wilton Speight.
The Michigan Insider8:08 AM
College Football Coaches with Biggest BuyoutsCheck out the top 5 college football coaches with the biggest buyouts
ScoutYesterday at 4:00 PM