All known official and unofficial vists for Top Michigan Recruits
As of November 14, 2002
Note: This and the "Past Visits" lists will be stored in the "Spotlight" section at the bottom of the main page.
Nov. 16 Wisconsin Game
- Scheduled official visit: All-American quarterback Clayton Richard (6-5, 225 lbs., 4.7 in the 40, 4.0 GPA/1340 SAT) from Lafayette, Ind., McCutcheon. Richard's best rating is from Rivals.com, where is is listed as the #90 prospect.
- New addition: Planned unofficial visit: Michigan commitment tight end/offensive lineman Adam Kraus (6-6, 275 lbs., 4.9 in the 40, 300-lb. bench press, strong student) from New Orleans Brother Martin. His best rating is as Rivals.com's #10 offensive tackle.
Dec. 6 Official Visit Weekend:
- New addition: All-American linebacker Lamarr Woodley (MSU Nike stats: 6-1 1/2, 250 lbs., 4.0 in the shuttle; 4.72 in the 40, 4.0 in the shuttle, 29-inch vertical jump, 315-lb. bench press, 2.9 GPA/16 ACT) from Saginaw, Mich. He is TheInsiders' #2 prospect. Michigan and MSU are the co-favorites. In mid-Nov. he told us, "Jerome (Jackson, senior RB teammate and fellow Michigan recruit) and I go to Oklahoma November 22. I go to USC November 29. Then Jerome and I go to Michigan December 6. I'll visit Florida in January -- the 10th I think. Jerome and I were supposed to go to Michigan State this weekend you know, but they have to wait until they get a new coaching staff in place."
- New addition: All-American wide receiver/athlete Steve Smith (6-1, 185 lbs., 4.45 in the 40) from Woodland Hills, California, Taft. He is The Insiders' #59 prospect. Michigan will get a December 6 visit (possibly the 13th), but this one is 'wide open' with Texas (already visited in Oct.), USC, Tennessee (Nov. 9) and Notre Dame (Nov. 22) all strongly in the running as well ... that said, USC is probably the fav.
- All-American running back Lendale White (6-2, 230 lbs., 4.53 in the 40, 2.7 GPA/18 ACT) from Littleton, Colorado, Chatfield. White actually thinks his visit is Nov. 23 for the OSU game, but of course that game is 'away'. He has already visited Texas (Oct 19) and Pitt (Oct 26), and he visits USC (Nov. 29) as well. Michigan is his childhood favorite and has now offered him a scholarship, but cannot be said to be his leader. He is MaxEmfingerRecruiting.com's #2 tailback.
- All-American cornerback Donte Whitner (MSU Nike stats: 5-11, 176 lbs., 4.43 in the 40, 32.8 inch vertical jump; 10.4 100 meters, 3.5 GPA, 17 ACT) from Cleveland, Ohio, Glenville. He is The Insiders' #19 prospect. Whitner and Dareus Hiley made an unofficial visit for the PSU game, and have official visits set up for the Dec. 6 weekend. He will also visit OSU (Nov. 23, with Hiley, is OSU his leader?), USC (Nov. 29, with Hiley), Notre Dame (Dec. 13) and Miami (Dec. 20, with Hiley and junior teammate DB Tedd Ginn).
- All-American ‘athlete' Dareus Hiley (5-11, 175 lbs., 4.4 in the 40, 2.7 GPA) from Cleveland, Ohio, Glenville. He is The Insiders' #52 prospect. Hiley and Donte Whitner made an unofficial visit for the PSU game, and have official visits set up for the Dec. 6 weekend. He also has a visit set for Miami (Dec. 20, with Whitner) and USC (Nov. 29, with Whitner). Another Michigan/OSU battle; we'll see if he can get his grades in order.
- Running back/safety Jerome Jackson (Dec. 6 official visit, MSU Nike stats: 5-11 1/2, 193 lbs. ... 4.45 in the 40, 3.5 GPA/16 ACT) from Saginaw, Mich. U-M and MSU are his favorites, and he visits Oklahoma Nov. 22 with Lamarr Woodley. His Michigan official visit scheduled for the Nov. 2 MSU game weekend was postponed to Dec. 6 due to the playoffs.
- Defensive/Offensive lineman Pat Sharrow (6-3, 275 lbs., 4.9 in the 40) from Monroe, Michigan. Michigan has offered him a scholarship, but for January. He will also visit Purdue (Nov. 9) and Michigan State (Dec. 14). Michigan has been his favorite. He is also reportedly a good long-snapper. He made an unofficial visit for the Washington game and the Michigan spring game; in the fall of 2001 he visited for almost all of Michigan's home games.
Dec. 13 Official Visit Weekend:
- All-American defensive end/linebacker Shawn Crable (2002 Michigan camper, 6-6, 225 lbs., 4.74 in the 40, 10.8 100 meters, 2.8 GPA/15 ACT) from Massillon, Ohio, Washington. He is TheInsiders' #92 prospect. He is also visiting USC the weekend before, and also reportedly plans to visit Pitt and Miami.
- All-American linebacker/defensive end Claude "Turk" McBride (6-4, 235 lbs., 4.6 in the 40, 3.2 GPA/780 SAT) from Camden, New Jersey, Woodrow Wilson. He is TheInsiders' #42 prospect. He also has a visit set to UCLA (Oct. 25), but he maintains that he is still 'playing the field'.
- All-American offensive lineman Ryan Harris (2002 Michigan camper, 6-5, 260 lbs., 4.9 in the 40, 3.7 GPA/23 ACT) from St. Paul, Minnesota, Cretin-Durham. He is TheInsiders' #50 prospect. He also has visits set to Notre Dame (Dec. 6), has already visited Miami, and will visit Stanford and one other.
- Michigan commitment All-American tight end/defensive end Will Paul from St. Louis Parkway West, Missou. He is TheInsiders' #30 prospect.
- Michigan commitment quarterback Sam Keller (2001 Michigan camper, 6-4, 205 lbs., 4.85 in the 40) from Danville, Calif., San Ramon Valley. He is TheInsiders' #26 quarterback.
- Linebacker Fred Sparkman (6-1, 216 lbs., 4.6 in the 40) from Columbia, Tenn., Central. He will also visit North Carolina (Dec. 6, his fav.), South Carolina (Jan. 17) and Arkansas.
- All-American offensive lineman Mike Jones (6-5, 305 lbs., 5.1 in the 40, 2.8 GPA/20 ACT) from Oak Lawn, Ill., Richards. He is The Insider's #68 prospect. He attended the PSU game; he also attended a Michigan spring practice. His brother played for Notre Dame. Sometimes this looks like a Michigan/Tennessee battle; other times Michigan/Notre Dame; however it seems to be Michigan/'somebody'. He also has a visit set to Notre Dame (Dec. 6), and will visit Tennesee in Jan.
- New addition: Running back/linebacker Justin Valentine (6-2, 205 lbs., 4.45 in the 40, 3.1 GPA) from Columbus, Ohio, Eastmoor (former Wolverine Marcus Ray's school). He attended the Michigan Spring Game, and the Iowa and MSU games. Michigan is his favorite. He also plans to visit Minnesota Dec. 6 (offer) and Boston College. Eastmoor finished 7-3, and Valentine had great stats both ways: he rushed for 1478 yards and 17 touchdowns; at linebacker he made 131 tackles, three sacks and four interceptions.
Jan. 10 Official Visit Weekend:
- New addition: All-American running back Lynell Hamilton (Stanford Nike stats: 6-0, 195 lbs., 4.25 shuttle, 28-inch vertical jump ... 4.4 in the 40, 3.0 GPA) from Stockton, Calif., Edison. His best rating is as Rivals100's #8 running back -- but he may be Michigan's #1 running back recruit. In early Nov. he told us that he also lists Oregon (visited Oct. 19), and Miami. He has been injured with a hip pointer this season and therefore had scheduled an official visit to U-M for the Oct. 26 Iowa game; but he returned to semi-health and stayed home to play in his own game.
- All-American wide receiver/cornerback Antonio Cromartie (6-4, 200 lbs., 4.4 in the 40, 10.7 100 meters, 2.5 GPA) from Tallahassee, Fla., Lincoln. He is TheInsiders's #24 prospect. He also has visits set to Oklahoma (Dec. 20), Florida (Jan. 17) and Alabama (Jan. 24), and home-town FSU also looms large.
- Cornerback Leon Hall (USC Nike Stats: 5-11, 175 lbs., 4.42 in the 40, 4.19 shuttle, 33 inch vertical jump) from Vista, Calif. He is TheInsiders' #15 cornerback. Michigan is his leader.
- All-American tight end Greg Olsen (6-6, 240 lbs., 4.7 in the 40) from Wayne Hills, New Jersey. from Wayne Hills, New Jersey. He is The Insiders #1 tight end, and #20 overall prospect. He has Notre Dame (Dec. 6) and Tennessee (Dec. 13) visits scheduled for December ... will he commit to the Irish (where brother Chris is a freshman QB) before he gets over to A2 in January?
Planned Wolverine Football Recruit Visits
The Michigan Insider Top Stories
WATCH: Higdon talks Michigan StateWatch as Michigan running back Karan Higdon says it's 'not about who wins the fight, it's about who wins the war' against Michigan State. Adding that the Wolverines will …
The Michigan Insider2:37 PM
Gay 'fell in love with Michigan this weekend'Starkville (Ms.) 2017 four-star OLB Willie Gay says he "fell in love with Michigan this weekend."
The Michigan Insider1:56 PM
RECAP: Michigan cruses against IlliniTMI's Josh Newkirk and Sam Webb breakdown Michigan's 41-8 win against Illinois.
The Michigan InsiderYesterday at 5:27 PM
Watch: Harbaugh 'Impressed' with Illini winWatch Michigan coach Jim Harbaugh's opening statement after U-M's 41-8 win against Illinois.
The Michigan InsiderYesterday at 4:35 PM