I ran into Super linebacker Lamarr Woodley (Dec. 6 official visit, MSU Nike stats: 6-1 1/2, 250 lbs., 4.0 in the shuttle; 4.72 in the 40, 4.0 in the shuttle, 29-inch vertical jump, 315-lb. bench press, 2.9 GPA/16 ACT) from Saginaw, Mich. outside the stadium briefly. He said, "I want to meet that Indiana quarterback." And then went to join Clayton Richard, Jake Long and Adam Kraus. As previously reported, Woodley's cousin Demarcus Laury (junior Saginaw running back) had a date to a formal dance and had to miss the game. By the way, no matter what you have read elsewhere, Woodley has NOT dropped Michigan State, just the MSU visit at this point.
Speaking of 'that Indiana quarterback': I happened to run into Super quarterback Clayton Richard (Nov. 15 official visit, 6-5, 225 lbs., 4.7 in the 40, 4.0 GPA/1340 SAT) from Lafayette, Ind., McCutcheon briefly outside the stadium as well. About his ongoing official visit he said, "I'm having a blast." His host -- you could probably guess -- is freshman Jeremy Van Alstyne from Indiana. He was also spotted with the other Supers -- Woodley, and Long and Kraus (following).
Again outside the stadium, I also ran into Michigan commitments OL Jake Long (6-7, 295 lbs., 5.0 in the 40, 340-lb. bench press, 2.7 GPA) from Lapeer, Mich., East and TE/OL Adam Kraus (6-6, 275 lbs., 4.9 in the 40, 300-lb. bench press, strong student) from New Orleans Brother Martin. The two were inseparable -- 'bookends' I'd say. BIG bookends. I said hi to Kraus and his parents just briefly in the parking lot and Adam said, "Jake and I are already best friends." They met and started hanging around each other this summer at the Michigan Camp.
- Also spotted: Fullback Arthur Boyd (6-3, 255 lbs., 3.4 GPA/qualified) from Shaker Heights, Ohio. He has been to home games in the past as well.
Many juniors were spotted as well, including:
- 'Athlete' Morgan Trent (6-0, 180 lbs., 4.4 in the 40) Orchard Lake St. Mary's. He is considered perhaps the #1 instate junior. He also attended the Iowa game.
- Junior offensive lineman Alex Mitchell (6-4, 300 lbs.) from Bay City Central. This was his 4th straight Michigan home game.
- Friends 'Athlete' Charles Stewart (6-0, 180 lbs.) from Farmington Hills, Mich., Harrison and lineman Dewayne Roland (6-3, 260 lbs.) from Southfield, Mich., Lathrup.
- Quarterback Bryan Hoyer (6-4, 180 lbs.) from Cleveland St. Ignatius.
- 'Athlete' David Brytus (6-0, 190 lbs.) from West Allegheny, Penn.
- Quarterback Brian Hildebrand (6-2, 190 lbs.) from Coruna, Calif.
- 'Athlete' Tyler Jones (6-0, 180 lbs.) fom Belleville, Mich.
Super Recruits Spotted At The Wisconsin Game
The Michigan Insider Top Stories
Thomas 'Appreciates' Harbaugh's Gameday VisitDetroit (Mich.) King 2017 duel threat star Ambry Thomas shines in PSL championship, appreciative of Jim Harbaugh's sideline visit.
The Michigan InsiderYesterday at 5:27 PM
WATCH: Charlton 'Motivated' to beat MSUWATCH: Taco Charlton remembers MSU's late rushing touchdown in 2014, as Michigan State defeated Michigan 35-11, leaving extra motivation for the defensive this Saturday and more.
The Michigan InsiderYesterday at 5:09 PM
WATCH: Higdon talks Michigan StateWatch as Michigan running back Karan Higdon says it's 'not about who wins the fight, it's about who wins the war' against Michigan State. Adding that the Wolverines will …
The Michigan InsiderYesterday at 2:37 PM
Gay 'fell in love with Michigan this weekend'Starkville (Ms.) 2017 four-star OLB Willie Gay says he "fell in love with Michigan this weekend."
The Michigan InsiderYesterday at 1:56 PM