Ouimet's Top 25
Going into Nov. 23 games
Starting with "The Game"
-- Michigan – Can they wreck the Buckeyes National Title chances this week? We are about to find out how good the Wolverines really are this year when they play on the road against Ohio State in the horseshoe.
-- Ohio State – Michigan is standing in the way -- and you can bet that RB Maurice Clarrett will play in this one. If they win they are in the Fiesta – but if Michigan wins they blow the BCS up and into a frenzy.
Now Ouimet's complete Top 25
1. Miami (Fl.) – Settling for four field goals against Tennessee, there is room to improve this week against the Panthers. With Pittsburgh at home and RB Willis McGahee running the ground attack you will see the Hurricanes win their 32 game in a row.
2. Ohio State – Michigan is standing in the way and you can bet that RB Maurice Clarrett will play in this one. If they win they are in the Fiesta – but if Michigan wins they blow the BCS up and into a frenzy.
3. Oklahoma – A huge come back victory against Baylor, and control of the Big 12 South it is a must win against Texas Tech this week. Look for Quentin Griffin to add to his 6 straight 100-yard games.
4. Iowa – With at least a share of the Big Ten title and with their lone loss coming to Iowa State in week three they are the best team in this conference. With six weeks left to go before the bowl games start …if they get a little of help down the stretch do not count this team out of the title just yet.
5. Washington State – We will find out how good the Cougars really are with the next two weeks coming against a much improved Washington and UCLA teams. This is my new over-ranked team this week and look for them to fall.
6. Georgia – A close win against Auburn, but the SEC East Title feels great. A bye week this week to prepare for Georgia Tech, which gives the Bulldogs much needed rest.
7. Alabama – With the strength and speed of RB Santonio Beard plus his 109 yards and two touchdowns the Tide keep on rolling while shaking up the West Division. The Tide are the best SEC team this year, but with more information coming out on the recruiting scandal, they won't get a chance to prove that this year or next, but there might be more penalties to come.
8. Kansas State – With losses to Colorado and Texas they can't play for the title in the Big 12, but they did beat USC. With QB Roberson and RB Sproles they are to beat. A date against Missouri stands in the way, but being one of the hottest teams in the country the Tigers shouldn't affect them.
9. USC – They have played two good teams in Washington State and Kansas State with both bringing defeats. So can former Wolverine RB Justin Fargas and Head Coach Pete Carroll get the Trojans past UCLA and Notre Dame in the next two weeks? If not they will fall drastically in the poll and in the bowl picture.
10. Texas – With no chance at the Big 12 or National Championship it will be interesting to see which Longhorn team will show up against the Aggies on November 29.
11. Notre Dame – With a bye this past weekend they should show no signs of rustiness against this Rutgers team at home. But don't look past because the Trojans are coming and so is the BCS bowl bid.
12. Virginia Tech – The Wednesday night game against West Virginia …
13. Michigan – Can they wreck the Buckeyes National Title chances this week? You are about to find out how good the Wolverines really are this year when they play on the road against Ohio State in the horseshoe.
14. Penn State – With three losses coming to Iowa, Ohio State and Michigan, they are my best three loss team. RB Larry Johnson outdid himself again with 327 yards and four touchdowns, which is why he gets my vote for the best RB in the country. Will DT Michael Haynes get the sack record against the Spartans?
15. Florida State – They have at least a share of the ACC Title, but a win at North Carolina State will deliver the Title out right.
16. Maryland – Held Clemson to 211 total yards which brings their first win at Death Valley since 1985. Still an outside chance at the ACC Title, but a road game comes first with a tough Cavalier team.
17. Florida – A bye week to prepare for Florida State, since the Gators know they can't win the SEC Title this could be a great consolation.
18. Pittsburgh – With the 10th best defense in the country and the Big East Title on the line can the Panthers pull the biggest upset of the year on National TV?
19. Colorado State – Five straight wins and a great game from QB Van Pelt; they will have a battle on their hands with New Mexico this week.
20. Colorado – With a good win against Iowa State can the beaten up Buffaloes team head to Lincoln in two weeks and pull out a win? They are going to need a big day from RB Chris Brown to accomplish this road game.
21. LSU – A loss to the Tide and only 65 yards rushing has dropped the Tigers out of the Top 20 this week. A must win against Mississippi or they will fall right out of the Top 25 and possibly right out of the SEC Title race.
22. Boise State – Nine straight wins keeps the Broncos moving up in the polls. One more date with Nevada and their only loss to Arkansas keeps them from a perfect season.
23. TCU – With a bye week to prepare for a road date with East Carolina the Horned Frogs should be ready. Can TCU past the test, since their only loss did come on the road.
24. Texas Tech – Their win over Texas was the highest ranking team that Tech has ever beaten in school history, so I couldn't keep this four loss team out of my Top 25 this week. With a road game versus the Sooners up next look for the Red Raiders to be back out of the Top 25 next week.
25. UCLA – Coming off a bye with two games remaining against USC and Washington State we are going to find out fast how good this Bruin team really is this year in the PAC Ten.
North Carolina State – With three straight losses I had to get them out of the Top 25, but a win against Florida State would get them right back in the poll.
Hawaii – With Cincinnati and Alabama coming to The Islands in the next two weeks we are going to find out if this team deserves to be ranked.
South Florida – Losses to Arkansas and Oklahoma everyone has counted them out, but with wins against Northern Illinois and Bowling Green might sneak them into my Top 25 depending on who wins the MAC Championship.
West Virginia – If they beat Virginia Tech on the road they will get into my Top 25.
Northern Illinois – Can they win at home against the Toledo Rockets and stay ahead in the MAC race.
Arkansas – Only a road game versus Mississippi State this week and LSU looming in the background, there still is an outside chance at the SEC Title game and my Top 25.
Auburn – Bottom line here, A win against the Tide and they are in the Top 25.
Virginia – They need two wins in a row to get into my Top 25 against Maryland and Virginia Tech.
Georgia Tech – A win at Georgia in two weeks and they will sneak into my Top 25.
Oregon – I was at the Washington game and the Ducks have better talent than what that scored showed. A date with the Beavers is up next and we will see if the Ducks can bounce back without RB Onterrio Smith.
Oregon State – With RB Steve Jackson can the Beavers win on the road against the Ducks? The loser of this game will drop out of the others to be mentioned.
Ouimet's Top 25
The Michigan Insider Top Stories
Preview: Michigan vs. IllinoisPreviewing Michigan's upcoming game against Illinois.
The Michigan Insider7:23 AM
Tory Carter says Harbaugh “a Great Coach”Leesburg (Ga.) Lee County fullback prospect Tory Carter may be committed to LSU, but Jim Harbaugh and Michigan are working hard to change that.
The Michigan InsiderYesterday at 4:35 PM
Michigan Still #1 with Otis ReeseThe Michigan Insider made it to the Peach State last Friday where we saw Leesburg (Ga.) Lee County and 2018 Wolverine commit Otis Reese suffer their first loss of the season.…
The Michigan InsiderYesterday at 3:40 PM
TMI Highlights: Baron BrowningCheckout exclusive highlights of Kennedale (Texas) 2017 OLB Baron Browning.
The Michigan InsiderYesterday at 9:15 AM