Dec. 6 Official Visit Weekend:
(1) NEW INFO - All-American running back Lynell Hamilton (Stanford Nike stats: 6-0, 195 lbs., 4.25 shuttle, 28-inch vertical jump ... 4.4 in the 40, 3.0 GPA) from Stockton, Calif., Edison. His best rating is as Rivals100's #8 running back -- but he may be Michigan's #1 running back recruit. On Dec. 2 he told us, "My Michigan visit is this Friday. And (Michigan assistant and California recruiter) Coach Hoke is making a visit to my home the day before, Thursday. I've already visited Oregon and Colorado. I don't have any other visits set, but I'm looking at Oklahoma, and Arizona or Alabama A&M (my brother goes there)." He was injured with a hip pointer this season and therefore had scheduled an official visit to U-M for the Oct. 26 Iowa game; but he returned to semi-health and stayed home to play in his own game. He finished the season with 1,042 yards in eight games (his team finished 9-1). He is Tom Lemming's #124 prospect.
(2) NEW INFO - Michigan commitment running back/safety Anton Campbell (Dec. 6 official visit, 6-0, 185 lbs., 4.45 in the 40, 330-lb. bench press, 36-inch vertical jump, 2.8 GPA/18 ACT) from O'Fallon, Missou., Fort Zumwalt West. He is Rivals100's #6 all-purpose back. He made an unofficial visit for the PSU game. For the season for the 8-3 Fort Zumwalt West Jaguars Campbell rushed for 1,175 yards (6.2 yards per carry) and 20 touchdowns; on defense he recorded 82 tackles, six interceptions and eight pass breakups.
(3) All-American running back Lendale White (6-2, 230 lbs., 4.53 in the 40, 2.7 GPA/18 ACT) from Littleton, Colorado, Chatfield. He has already visited Texas (Oct 19), Pitt (Oct 26), and USC (Nov. 29). Michigan is his childhood favorite and has now offered him a scholarship, but cannot be said to be his leader. He is MaxEmfingerRecruiting.com's #2 tailback.
(4) Running back/safety Jerome Jackson (MSU Nike stats: 5-11 1/2, 193 lbs. ... 4.45 in the 40, 3.5 GPA/16 ACT) from Saginaw, Mich. U-M and MSU are his favorites, and he visits Oklahoma Nov. 22 with Lamarr Woodley. His Michigan official visit scheduled for the Nov. 2 MSU game weekend was postponed to Dec. 6 due to the playoffs. He has already made official visits to Purdue and Minnesota (for the U-M game).
(5) NEW INFO All-American offensive lineman Jake Long (2002 Michigan camper, 6-7, 295 lbs., 5.0 in the 40, 340-lb. bench press, 2.7 GPA) from Lapeer, Mich., East. He is TheInsiders.com's #72 prospect.
(6) Defensive/Offensive lineman Pat Sharrow (2002 Michigan camper, 6-3, 275 lbs., 4.9 in the 40) from Monroe, Michigan. Michigan has offered him a scholarship, but for January 2004 (as of Nov. 22 that has NOT changed!). He will also visit Purdue (Nov. 9) and Michigan State (Dec. 14). Michigan has been his favorite. He is also reportedly a good long-snapper. He made an unofficial visit for the Washington game and the Michigan spring game; in the fall of 2001 he visited for almost all of Michigan's home games.
(7) NEW INFO All-American defensive/tight end Doug Van Dyke (2002 Michigan camper, 6-4, 245 lbs., 4.8 in the 40, 2.4 GPA/21 ACT) from Marshall, Mich. He is Rivals100's #60 prospect. Doug is the younger brother of former MSU quarterback Ryan Van Dyke. He is TheInsiders' #81 prospect. His scheduled official Michigan official visit for the Nov. 2 MSU game was postponed -- Marshall had a playoff game that day. Michigan leads, but Nebraska and Purdue (Nov. 23 visit) are only slightly behind, and Wisconsin (Dec. 13) and Ohio State (Jan. 10) are in the mix as well. For the season for 10-2 Marshall, Van Dyke had 70 tackles, 10 sacks, and 15 tackles for loss.
(8) NEW INFO All-American outside linebacker/defensive end Kirston Pittman (6-4, 235 lbs., 4.5 in the 40) from Reserve, Louisiana, East St. John High (just west of New Orleans). He visits FSU Jan, 10 and Miami Jan. 24. This is a move-up of a week -- more coming.
(9) All-American linebacker Lamarr Woodley (MSU Nike stats: 6-1 1/2, 250 lbs., 4.0 in the shuttle; 4.72 in the 40, 4.0 in the shuttle, 29-inch vertical jump, 315-lb. bench press, 2.9 GPA/16 ACT) from Saginaw, Mich. He is TheInsiders' #2 prospect. Michigan and MSU are the co-favorites. He made an unofficial visit to the Wisconsin game, and he told us, "Jerome (Jackson, senior RB teammate and fellow Michigan recruit) and I go to Oklahoma November 22. I go to USC November 29. Then Jerome and I go to Michigan December 6. I'll visit Florida in January -- the 10th I think." And regarding MSU: "I haven't dropped them, I just cancelled my official visit there yesterday and went to Michigan." For the season, Woodley had 90 tackles and 10 sacks.
(10) All-American cornerback Donte Whitner (2002 Michigan camper, MSU Nike stats: 5-11, 176 lbs., 4.43 in the 40, 32.8 inch vertical jump; 10.4 100 meters, 3.5 GPA, 17 ACT) from Cleveland, Ohio, Glenville. He is The Insiders' #19 prospect. Whitner and Dareus Hiley made an unofficial visit for the PSU game, and have official visits set up for the Dec. 6 weekend. He also visits OSU (Nov. 23, with Hiley, his leader?), USC (Nov. 29, with Hiley), Notre Dame (Dec. 13) and Miami (Dec. 20, with Hiley).
(11) All-American ‘athlete' Dareus Hiley (5-11, 175 lbs., 4.4 in the 40, 2.7 GPA) from Cleveland, Ohio, Glenville. He is The Insiders' #52 prospect. Hiley and Donte Whitner made an unofficial visit for the PSU game, and have official visits set up for the Dec. 6 weekend. He also visits USC (Nov. 29, with Whitner), and Miami (Dec. 20, with Whitner).
Dec. 6 Visit Weekend Grows and Grows!
The Michigan Insider Top Stories
Pearson has 'keys to the car' at MichiganRed Berenson molded the Michigan hockey program into what it is today. Now, his protege has his turn to shine.
The Michigan InsiderYesterday at 6:35 PM
Michigan announces hire of Mel PearsonPearson spent 23 years as an assistant coach under Red Berenson.
The Michigan InsiderYesterday at 10:15 AM
Dorian Thompson-Robinson picks UCLA over U-MThe 2018 four-star quarterback announced on Sunday that he has committed to UCLA over the Wolverines.
The Michigan InsiderSunday at 7:21 PM
Report: Pearson to be named U-M hockey coachRed Berenson's reported successor doesn't fall far from the coaching tree.
The Michigan InsiderSunday at 3:46 PM