(1) - All-American running back Lynell Hamilton (Stanford Nike stats: 6-0, 195 lbs., 4.25 shuttle, 28-inch vertical jump ... 4.4 in the 40, 3.0 GPA) from Stockton, Calif., Edison. On Dec. 2 he told us, "My Michigan visit is this Friday. And (Michigan assistant and California recruiter) Coach Hoke is making a visit to my home the day before, Thursday. I've already visited Oregon and Colorado. I don't have any other visits set, but I'm looking at Oklahoma, and Arizona or Alabama A&M (my brother goes there)." He was injured with a hip pointer this season and therefore had scheduled an official visit to U-M for the Oct. 26 Iowa game; but he returned to semi-health and stayed home to play in his own game. He finished the season with 1,042 yards in eight games (his team finished 9-1). He is Tom Lemming's #124 prospect.
(2) - Michigan commitment running back/safety Anton Campbell (Dec. 6 official visit, 6-0, 185 lbs., 4.45 in the 40, 330-lb. bench press, 36-inch vertical jump, 2.8 GPA/18 ACT) from O'Fallon, Missou., Fort Zumwalt West. He made an unofficial visit for the PSU game. For the season for the 8-3 Fort Zumwalt West Jaguars Campbell rushed for 1,175 yards (6.2 yards per carry) and 20 touchdowns; on defense he recorded 82 tackles, six interceptions and eight pass breakups. He is Tom Lemming's #82 prospect, and is on the final roster of the US Army All Star Game in San Antonio Jan. 5.
(3) All-American running back Lendale White (6-2, 230 lbs., 4.5 in the 40, 2.7 GPA/18 ACT) from Littleton, Colorado, Chatfield. On Dec. 5 his father told us. "LenDale flies out Saturday morning at 8:00 AM for Ann Arbor. LenDale knows there is already snow there -- we just talked to Coach (Brady) Hoke last night. Coach (Terry) Malone will come in for a visit (an in-home) next week." He has already visited Texas (Oct 19), Pitt (Oct 26), and USC (Nov. 29). Michigan is his childhood favorite and has now offered him a scholarship, but cannot be said to be his leader. He rushed for 1,600 yards this season for 7-3 Littleton Chatfield. He also set a state career rushing record with 7,800 yards. He is Tom Lemming's #53 prospect, and is on the final roster of the US Army All Star Game in San Antonio Jan. 5.
(4) Running back/safety Jerome Jackson (MSU Nike stats: 5-11 1/2, 193 lbs. ... 4.45 in the 40, 3.5 GPA/16 ACT) from Saginaw, Mich. His Michigan official visit scheduled for the Nov. 2 MSU game weekend was postponed to Dec. 6 due to the playoffs. He has already made official visits to Purdue and Minnesota (for the U-M game), and to Oklahoma Nov. 22 with Lamarr Woodley.
(5) NEW INFO All-American offensive lineman Jake Long (2002 Michigan camper, 6-7, 295 lbs., 5.0 in the 40, 340-lb. bench press, 2.7 GPA) from Lapeer, Mich., East. He is TheInsiders.com's #79 prospect.
(6) Defensive/Offensive lineman Pat Sharrow (2002 Michigan camper, 6-3, 275 lbs., 4.9 in the 40) from Monroe, Michigan. On Dec. 4 he told us, "I'd say it's pretty much down to Michigan and Purdue (Nov. 9 official visit). This (his Dec. 6 U-M visit) is a pretty big weekend coming up ... everyone wants to play in the Big House." Michigan has offered him a scholarship, but for January 2004 (as of the end of Nov. that had not changed; we'll see what happens during the visit). Michigan has been Sharrow's favorite for a year+ now. He is also reportedly a good long-snapper. He made an unofficial visit for the Washington game and the Michigan spring game; in the fall of 2001 he visited for almost all of Michigan's home games.
(7) All-American defensive/tight end Doug Van Dyke (2002 Michigan camper, 6-4, 245 lbs., 4.8 in the 40, 2.4 GPA/21 ACT) from Marshall, Mich. He is The Insiders' #84 prospect. Doug is the younger brother of former MSU quarterback Ryan Van Dyke. His scheduled official Michigan official visit for the Nov. 2 MSU game was postponed -- Marshall had a playoff game that day. Michigan leads, but Nebraska and Purdue (Nov. 23 visit) are only slightly behind, and Wisconsin (Dec. 13) and Ohio State (Jan. 10) are in the mix as well. For the season for 10-2 Marshall, Van Dyke had 70 tackles, 10 sacks, and 15 tackles for loss. He is TheInsiders' #81 prospect.
(8) All-American outside linebacker/defensive end Kirston Pittman (6-4, 235 lbs., 4.5 in the 40) from Reserve, Louisiana, East St. John High (just west of New Orleans). On Dec. 4 he told us, "I just got off the phone with a Michigan coach. And Coach (Fred, Michigan's Louisiana recruiter) Jackson was in here earlier today (Tuesday) talking to me. I've moved up my Michigan visit a week. I go to Michigan this weekend. I have filled out my visits: I go to Texas midweek December 17-19, then in January I go to Florida State January 10, Florida January 17 and Miami January 24." Pittman is TheInsiders #56 prospect.
(9) All-American linebacker Lamarr Woodley (MSU Nike stats: 6-1 1/2, 250 lbs., 4.0 in the shuttle; 4.72 in the 40, 4.0 in the shuttle, 29-inch vertical jump, 315-lb. bench press, 2.9 GPA/16 ACT) from Saginaw, Mich. Michigan and MSU are the co-favorites. On Dec. 3 he told us, "Yeah, I'm coming to Michigan this weekend. Jerome Jackson is coming too. Hey, my USC visit host was Alex Holmes -- his dad played for Michigan, Mike Holmes! Alex liked Michigan when he was in high school ... he talked to me about that. His dad talked to me too. I hung around some with Donte Whitner and Dareus Hiley from Cleveland (Glenville High School) -- they're coming up to Michigan this weekend too." He made an unofficial visit to the Wisconsin game, and he told us, "Jerome (Jackson, senior RB teammate and fellow Michigan recruit) and I go to Oklahoma November 22. I go to USC November 29. Then Jerome and I go to Michigan December 6. I'll visit Florida in January -- the 10th I think." And regarding MSU: "I haven't dropped them, I just cancelled my official visit there yesterday and went to Michigan." For the season, Woodley had 90 tackles and 10 sacks. He is The Insiders' #2 prospect.
(10) All-American cornerback Donte Whitner (2002 Michigan camper, MSU Nike stats: 5-11, 176 lbs., 4.43 in the 40, 32.8 inch vertical jump; 10.4 100 meters, 3.5 GPA, 17 ACT) from Cleveland, Ohio, Glenville. On Dec. 5 he told us, "Yes, Dareus and I are set to visit this weekend. Coach Loeffler visited me tonight. After Michigan I go to Notre Dame next weekend and Miami Dec. 20 (with Dareus). I already visited USC last weekend, and OSU for the U-M game. The USC visit? It went all right. Yeah, we got to hang around with Lamarr Woodley some." Whitner and Dareus Hiley made an unofficial visit for the PSU game, and have official visits set up for the Dec. 6 weekend. He also visited OSU (Nov. 23, with Hiley, his leader?), USC (Nov. 29, with Hiley), and will visit Notre Dame (Dec. 13) and Miami (Dec. 20, with Hiley). He is The Insiders' #19 prospect, and is on the final roster of the US Army All Star Game in San Antonio Jan. 5.
(11) All-American ‘athlete' Dareus Hiley (5-11, 175 lbs., 4.4 in the 40, 2.7 GPA) from Cleveland, Ohio, Glenville. Hiley and Donte Whitner made an unofficial visit for the PSU game, and have official visits set up for the Dec. 6 weekend. He also visited OSU (Nov. 23, with Whitner, his leader?), USC (Nov. 29, with Whitner), and will visit Notre Dame (Dec. 13) and Miami (Dec. 20, with Whitner). He is The Insider's #58 prospect.
They're Here! 11 Dec. 6 Official Weekend Visitors
The Michigan Insider Top Stories
Preview: Michigan vs. IllinoisPreviewing Michigan's upcoming game against Illinois.
The Michigan Insider7:23 AM
Tory Carter says Harbaugh “a Great Coach”Leesburg (Ga.) Lee County fullback prospect Tory Carter may be committed to LSU, but Jim Harbaugh and Michigan are working hard to change that.
The Michigan InsiderYesterday at 4:35 PM
Michigan Still #1 with Otis ReeseThe Michigan Insider made it to the Peach State last Friday where we saw Leesburg (Ga.) Lee County and 2018 Wolverine commit Otis Reese suffer their first loss of the season.…
The Michigan InsiderYesterday at 3:40 PM
TMI Highlights: Baron BrowningCheckout exclusive highlights of Kennedale (Texas) 2017 OLB Baron Browning.
The Michigan InsiderYesterday at 9:15 AM
Brad Hawkins Details If He Is A U-M CommitBrad Hawkins signed with Michigan in February but is at Suffield (Conn.) Academy. What did he tell Scout about his commitment status?
Scout FootballYesterday at 4:31 AM