My Top 25
If I had a vote in the AP Poll this week, this would've been my ballot.
1. Alabama (10-0): The Tide could become the lowest ranked team in the preseason AP poll to ever win the national championship.
2. Texas Tech (10-0): Red Raiders get a much deserved week off prior to what could be their biggest road game in school history.
3. Texas (9-1): Given the strength of their schedule, the Longhorns deserve to be the highest-ranked one-loss team.
4. Florida (8-1): Gators are just taking names right now.
5. Oklahoma (9-1): Still think that soft Sooner defense is going to cost them at least one more game down the stretch.
6. USC (8-1): Everybody keeps talking about the Trojans needing help for the BCS national championship, but keeps forgetting they need help just to win the Pac-10's automatic bid to the BCS.
7. Penn State (9-1): If this is Joe Paterno's swan song, it won't end with a national title but it might end with a Rose Bowl bid.
8. Utah (10-0): Utes now in the driver's seat for their second BCS bid.
9. Oklahoma State (8-2): The Cowboys still deserve to be the highest-ranked of the two-loss teams.
10. Georgia (8-2): That offense is something when they get some blocking, but that defense still needs a lot of work.
11. Ohio State (8-2): If they win out the Buckeyes will land somewhere in the BCS, but now it probably won't be Pasadena.
12. Missouri (8-2): Tigers continue to have the inside track on a second straight Big 12 North Division title.
13. TCU (9-2): In the span of five minutes the Horned Frogs went from a special season to a pretty good one.
14. Boise State (9-0): Broncos could run the table and still find themselves on the outside of the BCS looking in.
15. Michigan State (9-2): Low and behold Sparty all of a sudden controls its own destiny for a Rose Bowl bid.
16. North Carolina (7-2): Tar Heels overcame both the Yellow Jackets and those questionable black jerseys.
17. BYU (9-1): The Cougars are still good enough to spoil Utah's special season in a couple of weeks.
18. Florida State (7-2): The Seminoles are yet another team playing a tough schedule down the stretch.
19. Pittsburgh (7-2): Panthers are back in control of their own destiny in the Big East.
20. Ball State (9-0): It's been a great start for the Cardinals, but they could still finish third in their own division.
21. LSU (6-3): Defending national champs gave the nation's #1 team all they could handle for four quarters.
22. Oregon State (6-3): Beavers haven't been to the Rose Bowl since Ozzie and Harriet was in production.
23. Cincinnati (7-2): Given the injuries at quarterback this might be Brian Kelly's best coaching job, and that's saying something.
24. Georgia Tech (7-3): Although they were dominated on Saturday, the Yellow Jackets' resume is still good enough to be ranked.
25. Air Force (8-2): There are about five or six teams who also could make a legitimate claim for this spot.
26. Boston College (6-3)
27. Virginia Tech (6-3)
28. Maryland (6-3)
29. Central Michigan (7-2)
30. California (6-3).
My Heisman Ballot
1. Colt McCoy (Texas)
2. Tim Tebow (Florida)
3. Sam Bradford (Oklahoma)
Big Ten/BCS Bowl Projections
BCS NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP: Florida vs. Texas
ROSE BOWL: USC vs. Penn State
FIESTA BOWL: Utah vs. Texas Tech
SUGAR BOWL: Pittsburgh vs. Alabama
ORANGE BOWL: Ohio State vs. North Carolina
CAPITOL ONE BOWL: Georgia vs. Michigan State
OUTBACK BOWL: South Carolina vs. Iowa
ALAMO BOWL: Wisconsin vs. Oklahoma State
CHAMPS SPORTS BOWL: Florida State vs. Minnesota
INSIGHT BOWL: Northwestern vs. Nebraska
MOTOR CITY BOWL: Illinois vs. Central Michigan
Steve Deace: Top 25, Heisman, Big 10 Bowls
The Michigan Insider Top Stories
Beilein sees similarities in Livers, WilsonMichigan head coach John Beilein has a sense that Isaiah Livers and D.J. Wilson's game are very similar.
The Michigan Insider2:44 PM
2018 4* OL Hayes commits to U-MHayes marks the second offensive line commitment the Wolverines have received this week.
The Michigan InsiderYesterday at 3:58 PM
Beilein on Wagner's decision to stay at U-MMichigan coach John Beilein discusses Moritz Wagner's decision to stay at U-M for his junior year and more.
The Michigan InsiderFriday at 1:51 PM
Beilein: Simmons is 'special addition'Michigan head coach John Beilein senses that the Wolverines have a 'special addition' with graduate transfer Jaaron Simmons.
The Michigan InsiderFriday at 11:09 AM