My Top 25
If I had a vote in the AP Poll this week, this would've been my ballot.
1. Alabama (10-0): The Tide could become the lowest ranked team in the preseason AP poll to ever win the national championship.
2. Texas Tech (10-0): Red Raiders get a much deserved week off prior to what could be their biggest road game in school history.
3. Texas (9-1): Given the strength of their schedule, the Longhorns deserve to be the highest-ranked one-loss team.
4. Florida (8-1): Gators are just taking names right now.
5. Oklahoma (9-1): Still think that soft Sooner defense is going to cost them at least one more game down the stretch.
6. USC (8-1): Everybody keeps talking about the Trojans needing help for the BCS national championship, but keeps forgetting they need help just to win the Pac-10's automatic bid to the BCS.
7. Penn State (9-1): If this is Joe Paterno's swan song, it won't end with a national title but it might end with a Rose Bowl bid.
8. Utah (10-0): Utes now in the driver's seat for their second BCS bid.
9. Oklahoma State (8-2): The Cowboys still deserve to be the highest-ranked of the two-loss teams.
10. Georgia (8-2): That offense is something when they get some blocking, but that defense still needs a lot of work.
11. Ohio State (8-2): If they win out the Buckeyes will land somewhere in the BCS, but now it probably won't be Pasadena.
12. Missouri (8-2): Tigers continue to have the inside track on a second straight Big 12 North Division title.
13. TCU (9-2): In the span of five minutes the Horned Frogs went from a special season to a pretty good one.
14. Boise State (9-0): Broncos could run the table and still find themselves on the outside of the BCS looking in.
15. Michigan State (9-2): Low and behold Sparty all of a sudden controls its own destiny for a Rose Bowl bid.
16. North Carolina (7-2): Tar Heels overcame both the Yellow Jackets and those questionable black jerseys.
17. BYU (9-1): The Cougars are still good enough to spoil Utah's special season in a couple of weeks.
18. Florida State (7-2): The Seminoles are yet another team playing a tough schedule down the stretch.
19. Pittsburgh (7-2): Panthers are back in control of their own destiny in the Big East.
20. Ball State (9-0): It's been a great start for the Cardinals, but they could still finish third in their own division.
21. LSU (6-3): Defending national champs gave the nation's #1 team all they could handle for four quarters.
22. Oregon State (6-3): Beavers haven't been to the Rose Bowl since Ozzie and Harriet was in production.
23. Cincinnati (7-2): Given the injuries at quarterback this might be Brian Kelly's best coaching job, and that's saying something.
24. Georgia Tech (7-3): Although they were dominated on Saturday, the Yellow Jackets' resume is still good enough to be ranked.
25. Air Force (8-2): There are about five or six teams who also could make a legitimate claim for this spot.
26. Boston College (6-3)
27. Virginia Tech (6-3)
28. Maryland (6-3)
29. Central Michigan (7-2)
30. California (6-3).
My Heisman Ballot
1. Colt McCoy (Texas)
2. Tim Tebow (Florida)
3. Sam Bradford (Oklahoma)
Big Ten/BCS Bowl Projections
BCS NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP: Florida vs. Texas
ROSE BOWL: USC vs. Penn State
FIESTA BOWL: Utah vs. Texas Tech
SUGAR BOWL: Pittsburgh vs. Alabama
ORANGE BOWL: Ohio State vs. North Carolina
CAPITOL ONE BOWL: Georgia vs. Michigan State
OUTBACK BOWL: South Carolina vs. Iowa
ALAMO BOWL: Wisconsin vs. Oklahoma State
CHAMPS SPORTS BOWL: Florida State vs. Minnesota
INSIGHT BOWL: Northwestern vs. Nebraska
MOTOR CITY BOWL: Illinois vs. Central Michigan
Steve Deace: Top 25, Heisman, Big 10 Bowls
The Michigan Insider Top Stories
Gary continues to develop game this springRashan Gary is looking to take a major step physically and mentally this spring.
The Michigan InsiderYesterday at 6:23 PM
’19 IL TE Logan Lee impressed by U-M visitRising tight end prospect from Orion (Ill.) High in sophomore Logan Lee discusses his trip to Ann Arbor and more.
The Michigan InsiderYesterday at 6:14 PM
Frey says OL foundation laid in springMichigan offensive line coach Greg Frey says that the coaching staff is always evaluating the offensive line and that the spring is being used to lay the foundation.
The Michigan InsiderYesterday at 5:46 PM
Scout 300 DE Smith has “great” U-M visitCleveland (OH.) Heights 2018 four-star defensive end Tyreke Smith recaps his visit to Ann Arbor
The Michigan InsiderYesterday at 4:34 PM