Dec. 13-15 Official Visit Weekend:
(1) Michigan commitment quarterback Sam Keller (2001 Michigan camper, 6-4, 205 lbs., 4.85 in the 40) from Danville, Calif., San Ramon Valley. This season for 10-3 SRV he was 210-333 (63%) for 3,282 yards, 38 touchdowns and five interceptions...he also ran for two touchdowns. For his career over 35 games, he was 485-828 (59%) for 7,357 yards, 79 touchdowns and 17 interceptions.
(2) Michigan commitment All-American tight end/defensive end Will Paul (2002 Michigan camp visitor, MSU Nike stats: 6-4, 255 lbs., 4.59 in the 40, 3.0 GPA/18 ACT) from St. Louis Parkway West, Missou. He attended the Sept. 28 U-M-Illinois game - at Illinois - and committed to Michigan the next day. He is TheInsiders' #36 prospect, and has been selected to the final roster of the US Army All-Star Game in San Antonio in January.
(3) Michigan commitment All-American Linebacker Jim Presley (2002 Michigan camper, MSU Nike stats: 6-2 1/2, 215 lbs., 4.56 in the 40, 4.06 in the shuttle; 30.3 inch vertical jump, 18 bench press reps of 185 lbs. ... 10.8 100 meters, 375-lb. bench press, 2.9 GPA/19 ACT) from , Highland, Mich., Milford High. For the season for 8-2 Milford, Presley had 88 tackles, 16 sacks and 10 tackles for loss; on offense he had 1,264 yards rushing (7.5 yards per carry) and 16 touchdowns He is TheInsiders.com's #92 prospect.
(4) All-American offensive lineman Jeff Zuttah (6-4 1/2, 280 lbs., 4.95 in the 40, 390 lb. bench press) from The Hun School, Princeton, New Jersey. This is his last visit -- he has also visited Florida State (Nov. 16), Penn State November 23, Boston College November 30, and Notre Dame December 6. And he tells us he will enroll in college in January. He is Tom Lemming's #73 prospect, and has been selected to the final roster of the US Army All-Star Game in San Antonio in January.
(5) All-American defensive end/linebacker Shawn Crable (2002 Michigan camper, 6-6, 225 lbs., 4.74 in the 40, 10.8 100 meters, 2.8 GPA/15 ACT) from Massillon, Ohio, Washington. He attended the Michigan/Washington game. His official visits are: USC Dec. 6 (he had a great visit), Michigan December 13th, and Miami December 20. Then in January it will be Pitt (where friend and former teammate Andy Allman plays; he made an unofficial visit there Nov. 29) and Ohio State. He is Tom Lemming's #59 prospect, and has been selected to the final roster of the US Army All-Star Game in San Antonio in January.
(6) All-American linebacker Fred Sparkman (6-1, 216 lbs., 4.6 in the 40, 3.6 GPA/19 ACT) from Columbia, Tenn., Central. On Nov. 28 he told us, "I got an offer from Michigan in a letter in the mail recently ... I have relatives in Flint, and we've visited them there." As far as visits: "I'm going to North Carolina (considered the leader) on January 10 (a change), and to South Carolina January 17th." He may visit Arkansas. This season Sparkman recorded 122 tackles, 21 tackles for loss, and six sacks; at fullback, Sparkman rushed for 1,210 yards with 12 touchdowns; he also had three kickoff returns for touchdowns. He is Tom Lemming/Prep Football Reports' #78 prospect.
(7) All-American ‘athlete' Prescott Burgess (2002 Michigan camper, 6-3, 220 lbs., 4.59 in the 40 at the OSU Camp, 3.0 GPA/15 ACT) from Warren, Ohio, Harding. On Dec. 11 his aunt told us, "He goes to Michigan tomorrow, for a Thursday-Saturday visit. He has a basketball game Saturday night. Then he has Florida scheduled too, before Christmas I believe, and he'll go to Tennessee after Christmas. And he was at Ohio State last weekend. That's it. He's not visiting Notre Dame." This one still looks like a Michigan OSU battle. He made an unofficial visit to Michigan for the Washington game. He is The Insiders' #13 prospect, and has been selected to the final roster of the US Army All-Star Game in San Antonio in January.
(8) Running back/linebacker Tony Hunt (6-2, 225 lbs., Maryland camp stats: 4.52 in the 40, 28 reps of 185 lbs., 33-inch vertical jump) from Alexandria, Vir., T. C. Williams, Hunt visited USC Nov. 29 with his coach (a Trojan alum) and made a 'soft' commitment. He is also considering PSU (the TC Williams AD is the brother of PSU coach Larry Johnson). For the season he rushed for 1100 yards (on 200 carries) and 12 touchdowns.
(9) Linebacker Michael Brown (6-3 1/2, 220 lbs., 4.8 in the 40) from Palm Beach Gardens, Fla. This season Brown made 112 tackles for his 6-3 team. He already visited Virginia Tech (his leader) on Nov. 29, and he will also visit NC State.
(10) All-American linebacker/defensive end Claude Turk McBride (Dec. 13 visit, 6-4, 235 lbs., 4.6 in the 40, 3.2 GPA/780 SAT) from Camden, New Jersey, Woodrow Wilson. He is TheInsiders' #34 prospect. He has visited Tennessee (Oct. 26) and Ohio State (Nov. 23 for the U-M game) -- and Miami (Jan. 17) may be his favorite.
Postponed to January visits:
(1) All-American offensive lineman Mike Jones (Jan. 24 visit, 6-5, 305 lbs., 5.1 in the 40, 2.8 GPA/20 ACT) from Oak Lawn, Ill., Richards. He attended the Michigan-PSU game; he also attended a Michigan spring practice. His other visits are to Notre Dame (Dec. 6, his brother played for Notre Dame), Iowa Dec. 13, and Tennesee Jan. 17. He may also visit PSU. He is The Insider's #29 prospect, and has been selected to the final roster of the US Army All-Star Game in San Antonio in January.
(3) All-American wide receiver/athlete Steve Smith (tentative date may be Jan 10 or 17, 6-1, 185 lbs., 4.45 in the 40) from Woodland Hills, California, Taft. Taft is playing in their SoCal finals Dec. 14. His other visits are Texas (Oct. 4), USC, Tennessee (Nov. 9), and Notre Dame (Nov. 22, postponed) ... that said, USC is probably the fav, with Tennessee 2nd. For the season he recorded 65 catches for 1,100 yards and 9 touchdown's; on defense five interceptions. He is The Insiders' #46 prospect, and has been selected to the final roster of the US Army All-Star Game in San Antonio in January.
The Ten Dec. 13 Official Visitors
The Michigan Insider Top Stories
Surprise Addition to U-M Visit WeekendFive-stars Najee Harris, Donovan Peoples-Jones, and all the other official visitors Michigan was expecting have made it to Ann Arbor. Also in town on a surprise unofficial is…
The Michigan Insider10:42 AM
Wilson eager for west coast return at UCLAMichigan forward D.J. Wilson is ready to show family and friends how much he's progressed in trip at UCLA.
The Michigan Insider10:15 AM
Watch: Walton Jr. previews UCLA tripMichigan will have it's hands full Saturday night at UCLA, especially with star point guard Lonzo Ball.
The Michigan Insider9:59 AM
Collins Adds to List of FavoritesMichigan, Alabama, and Georgia have been in a holding pattern atop the leaderboard for Pinson (Ala.) Clay-Chalkville wideout Nico Collins. Recently, though, he decided to add two…
The Michigan InsiderYesterday at 11:07 AM
Gators secure official visit with HerbertThe need for quality offensive linemen is no secret at Florida. The Florida Gators staff is on the recruiting trail to bring in a group of linemen that can help right away. One of…
Fightin GatorsYesterday at 9:40 AM