1. The Woodley rumors. There were rumors last night from an MSU site that Saginaw, Mich. teammates LB Lamarr Woodley and RB Jerome Jackson were planning an announcement, and that it was going to be Michigan. This led to a lot of scrambling around, etc. But there is no announcement planned at his school, etc. Nothing imminent at this time. And while Jackson is leaning to Michigan, Woodley (The Insiders' #2 prospect) has U-M and USC as co-leaders, as he has for two weeks now, since his Michigan visit.
*** AFTERNOON UPDATE: Saginaw Coach Donald Durrett just laughed with yours truly about the rumors. "We will set up an announcement for them for Feb. 5, you know that. Just like we did for (Charles) Rogers. You talked to Lamarr a few days ago -- as you know he is thinking about the two schools (U-M and USC) right now, but he and his family deserve to take their time and think things over. We'd like Lamarr and Jerome to make up their minds at the end of January and announce their decisions as I said."
2. The Burgess rumors. Tom Lemming told yours truly he thinks Michigan leads for Warren, Ohio Harding Athlete Prescott Burgess, but nothing is imminent for him either. The Insiders' #13 prospect has January visits planned to Florida and Tennessee.
3. Announcing Wednesday at school: Pittsburgh Woodland Hills Athlete Ryan Mundy. Tom Lemming's #29 prospect is down to U-M and Pitt, with Virginia (visited this past weekend) in the running as well.
4. Announcing Thursday afternoon: Marshall, Mich. DL Doug Van Dyke. TheInsiders' #81 prospect is down to U-M and Purdue.
5. Probably not deciding this week: Stockton, Calif. RB Lynell Hamilton. Tom Lemming's #124 prospect has U-M and Oregon as his top two, but may be getting encouragement to take Jan. visits to Oklahoma and Arizona.
6. Not committed to Michigan: Juco DB Ryan Patterson (Jan. 10 official visit, 6-1, 200) from Pima, Ariz. CC. He's a safety who a couple years ago, going into his senior year of high school, got some early mention. And he wanted to go to Michigan -- he made no bones about it at the time. He's a DB who played his high school ball in Arizona, has family in Michigan, and may actually have been a Michigan camper as well if I recall. We will talk to him if he makes his Michigan visit, but it is tricky for U-M to enroll Juco kids.
7. Florida QB/Athlete Pat Carter committed to Georgia Tech. He had a tentative Jan. 10 Michigan visit planned, but never got a Michigan scholarship offer.
Tuesday's Recruiting Happenings
The Michigan Insider Top Stories
Peoples-Jones Wins PSL, Updates RecruitmentDetroit (Mich.) Cass Tech's Donovan Peoples-Jones leads Cass to PSL Championship, updates recruitment and more.
The Michigan InsiderYesterday at 6:05 PM
Evans suffers concussion, 'we'll see' for MSUMichigan coach Jim Harbaugh says freshman running back Chris Evans suffered a concussion vs. Illinois.
The Michigan InsiderYesterday at 5:40 PM
Michigan Next on Visit Docket for No. 1 Va.OTHighland Springs (Va.) 3-star offensive tackle Mekhi Becton has scholarship offers from across the country, including one from Michigan. After months of by building a long distance…
Scout FootballYesterday at 5:11 PM
WATCH: Harbaugh gives Walker updateWatch as Michigan coach Jim Harbaugh addresses the status of true freshman running back Kareem Walker after dressing for the first time this season.
The Michigan InsiderYesterday at 2:34 PM