Michigan's 11 Verbal Commitments
As of December 18, 2002
1. Quarterback Sam Keller (Dec. 13 official visit, 2001 Michigan camper, 6-4, 205 lbs., 4.85 in the 40) from Danville, Calif., San Ramon Valley. His best rating is as Rivals100's #9 pro-style quarterback. This season he was 210-333 (63%) for 3,282 yards, 38 touchdowns and five interceptions...he also ran for two touchdowns. For his career over 35 games, he was 485-828 (59%) for 7,357 yards, 79 touchdowns and 17 interceptions.
2. Running back/safety Anton Campbell (Dec. 6 official visit, 2002 Michigan camp visitor, 6-0, 185 lbs., 4.45 in the 40, 330-lb. bench press, 36-inch vertical jump, 2.8 GPA/18 ACT) from O'Fallon, Missou., Fort Zumwalt West. For the season for the 8-3 Fort Zumwalt West Jaguars Campbell rushed for 1,175 yards (6.2 yards per carry) and 20 touchdowns; on defense he recorded 82 tackles, six interceptions and eight pass breakups. He is Tom Lemming's #82 prospect, and is on the final roster of the Jan. 03 US Army All Star game.
3. All-American offensive lineman Jake Long (Dec. 6 official visit, 2002 Michigan camper, 6-7, 295 lbs., 5.0 in the 40, 340-lb. bench press, 2.7 GPA) from Lapeer, Mich., East. He is TheInsiders.com's #79 prospect.
4. Tight end/offensive lineman Adam Kraus (2002 Michigan camper, 6-6, 275 lbs., 4.9 in the 40, 300-lb. bench press, strong student) from New Orleans Brother Martin. He made an unofficial visit for the Nov. 16 Wisconsin game. He is Tom Lemming's #204 prospect. New Orleans Brother Martin finished the season 5-5. Kraus played tight end for a wing-T (running) offense.
5. All-American Linebacker Jim Presley (Dec. 13 official visit, 2002 Michigan camper, MSU Nike stats: 6-2 1/2, 215 lbs., 4.56 in the 40, 4.06 in the shuttle; 30.3 inch vertical jump, 18 bench press reps of 185 lbs. ... 10.8 100 meters, 375-lb. bench press, 2.9 GPA/19 ACT) from , Highland, Mich., Milford High. For the season for 8-2 Milford, Presley had 88 tackles, 16 sacks and 10 tackles for loss; on offense he had 1,264 yards rushing (7.5 yards per carry) and 16 touchdowns He is TheInsiders.com's #92 prospect.
6. Place kicker Garrett Rivas (Sept. 31 visit, 2002 Michigan camper, 5-9, 180 lbs.) from Tampa, Fla., Jesuit. He committed during the visit. In Jesuit's 12-1 season Rivas made 12 field goals (with only three misses), and was five for five in Tampa Jesuit's four playoff games -- including two from 36 yards, the 40-yarder mentioned, and a 47 yarder. He has been named the East team kicker in the US Army All-Star game in January.
7. All-American tight end/defensive end Will Paul (Dec. 13 official visit, 2002 Michigan camp visitor, MSU Nike stats: 6-4, 255 lbs., 4.59 in the 40, 3.0 GPA/18 ACT) from St. Louis Parkway West, Missou. He attended the Sept. 28 U-M?Illinois game - at Illinois - and committed to Michigan the next day. He is on the final roster of the Jan. 03 US Army All Star game. He is TheInsiders' #36 prospect.
8. Offensive lineman Pat Sharrow (Dec. 6 official visit, 2002 Michigan camper, 6-3, 275 lbs., 4.9 in the 40, 390-lb. bench press, 3.6 GPA) from Monroe, Michigan. He offered him a scholarship, and he committed at his official visit. Michigan had been Sharrow's favorite for a year+ now. He is an excellent good long-snapper, and may very well play that role for U-M. He told yours truly, "I will be trained at guard and center at Michigan." He made an unofficial visit for the Washington game and the Michigan spring game; in the fall of 2001 he visited for almost all of Michigan's home games.
9. All-American quarterback Clayton Richard (Nov. 15 official visit, 6-5, 225 lbs., 4.7 in the 40, 4.0 GPA/1340 SAT) from Lafayette, Ind., McCutcheon. His best rating is as Tom Lemming's #27 prospect. He made an official visit for the Nov. 16 Wisconsin game, and committed at a press conference on Dec. 9. This season he threw for 2,920 yards, and he finished his high school career with 10,764 yards and 92 touchdowns in four seasons.
10. All American cornerback Leon Hall (Jan 10 official visit, USC Nike Stats: 5-11, 175 lbs., 4.42 in the 40, 4.19 shuttle, 33 inch vertical jump) from Vista, Calif. On Dec. 11 his head coach emailed us that Hall told Michigan assistant coach Brady Hoke that he is picking Michigan. For the season (going into the Dec. 14 Div. 1 SoCal championship game for 10-2 Vista) Hall has 22 catches as a receiver, and 46 tackles and two interceptions as a cornerback. He is The Insiders' #78 prospect, and is on the final roster of the Jan. 03 US Army All Star game.
11. All-American defensive back/‘athlete' Ryan Mundy (Nov. 2 official visit, PSU Nike stats: 6-2, 200 lbs., 16 reps of 185 lbs.; 4.45 in the 40, 10.7 100 meters, 290-lb. bench press, 2.7 GPA/830 SAT in 2001) from Pittsburgh, Penn., Woodland Hills (former teammate of Steve Breaston). He committed to Michigan Dec. 18. For the year he recorded 30 receptions for 750 yards and 12 touchdowns, ran the ball 12 times for 200 yards; as a defensive back he made 50 tackles with six interceptions. He is Tom Lemming's #29 prospect, and has been selected to the final roster of the US Army All-Star Game in San Antonio in January.
Michigan's Eleven Verbal Commitments
The Michigan Insider Top Stories
Wroblewski says Rome trip is bonding teamMike Wroblewski says the trip to Rome is a team bonding experience.
The Michigan InsiderYesterday at 5:30 PM
Meeting Pope Francis made S. Harbaugh's tripSarah Harbaugh reflects on her interaction with Pope Francis today in Rome.
The Michigan InsiderYesterday at 2:59 PM
Jim Harbaugh discusses meeting Pope FrancisJim Harbaugh discusses the emotional moment that he met the Pope during Michigan's trip to Italy.
The Michigan InsiderYesterday at 1:30 PM
Hargaugh Goes out in Blaze of Paintball GloryIn what was dubbed a "team building experience" , the Michigan football team ventured just outside of Rome Italy for memorable paintball outing Tuesday morning. Jim Harbaugh has…
The Michigan InsiderYesterday at 8:46 AM