Dec. 13-15 Official Visit Weekend:
(1) Michigan commitment quarterback Sam Keller (2001 Michigan camper, 6-4, 205 lbs., 4.85 in the 40) from Danville, Calif., San Ramon Valley. This season for 10-3 SRV he was 210-333 (63%) for 3,282 yards, 38 touchdowns and five interceptions...he also ran for two touchdowns. For his career over 35 games, he was 485-828 (59%) for 7,357 yards, 79 touchdowns and 17 interceptions.
(2) Michigan commitment All-American tight end/defensive end Will Paul (2002 Michigan camp visitor, MSU Nike stats: 6-4, 255 lbs., 4.59 in the 40, 3.0 GPA/18 ACT) from St. Louis Parkway West, Missou. He attended the Sept. 28 U-M-Illinois game - at Illinois - and committed to Michigan the next day. He is TheInsiders' #36 prospect, and has been selected to the final roster of the US Army All-Star Game in San Antonio in January.
(3) Michigan commitment All-American Linebacker Jim Presley (2002 Michigan camper, MSU Nike stats: 6-2 1/2, 215 lbs., 4.56 in the 40, 4.06 in the shuttle; 30.3 inch vertical jump, 18 bench press reps of 185 lbs. ... 10.8 100 meters, 375-lb. bench press, 2.9 GPA/19 ACT) from , Highland, Mich., Milford High. For the season for 8-2 Milford, Presley had 88 tackles, 16 sacks and 10 tackles for loss; on offense he had 1,264 yards rushing (7.5 yards per carry) and 16 touchdowns He is TheInsiders.com's #92 prospect.
(4) All-American offensive lineman Jeff Zuttah (6-4 1/2, 280 lbs., 4.95 in the 40, 390 lb. bench press, 3.6 GPA/1160 SAT) from The Hun School, Princeton, New Jersey. On Dec. 15 he told us, "This was my last visit. So I will sit down tomorrow with my coach and compare notes on everything. All five (U-M and FSU, plus Notre Dame, Penn State and Boston College) are great schools. I have to decide before Christmas because I'll enroll in January. All the schools are okay with that except Notre Dame -- but that's cool too, if I go there I'll wait." He is Tom Lemming's #73 prospect, and has been selected to the final roster of the US Army All-Star Game in San Antonio in January.
(5) All-American defensive end/linebacker Shawn Crable (2002 Michigan camper, 6-6, 225 lbs., 4.74 in the 40, 10.8 100 meters, 2.8 GPA/15 ACT) from Massillon, Ohio, Washington. On Dec. 15 he told us, "It was a real good visit. My host was Pierre Woods, and we just hung around with a lot of the players, Marlin (Jackson), Jeremy LeSueur a lot of them. The best part of the visit was the players, their attitudes -- we just kicked it if you know what I mean. That and the academic part - I liked that too. I hope to major in business. I go to Miami this weekend, just to check things out down there. And I still have Pitt (where friend and former teammate Andy Allman plays; he made an unofficial visit there Nov. 29) and Ohio State in January." He visited USC Dec. 6. He attended the Michigan/Washington game. He is Tom Lemming's #59 prospect, and has been selected to the final roster of the US Army All-Star Game in San Antonio in January.
(6) All-American linebacker Fred Sparkman (6-1, 216 lbs., 4.6 in the 40, 3.6 GPA/19 ACT) from Columbia, Tenn., Central. On Dec. 15 he told us, "I had a great time. My host was Willis Barringer. Coach Carr said I had a scholarship waiting, and that since this was my first visit it was fine for me to visit other schools and compare them." He'll also visit, "North Carolina January 10th and Arkansas the 17th. But I probably won't take them both -- just North Carolina. And it'll be between North Carolina and Michigan." This season Sparkman recorded 122 tackles, 21 tackles for loss, and six sacks; at fullback, Sparkman rushed for 1,210 yards with 12 touchdowns; he also had three kickoff returns for touchdowns. He is Tom Lemming/Prep Football Reports' #78 prospect.
(7) All-American ‘athlete' Prescott Burgess (2002 Michigan camper, 6-3, 220 lbs., 4.59 in the 40 at the OSU Camp, 3.0 GPA/15 ACT) from Warren, Ohio, Harding. On Dec. 15 he told us, "My host for the visit was Marlin Jackson. The best part of the visit was going out with the players, learning more about them, what they are like. I hung around with Carl Diggs (a Warren Harding alumnus) too. He's on crutches -- he had surgery on his broken leg but it went well. He says he'll be back playing next year for sure." He's been to U-M and OSU now (regarding comparing them: "Ummm ... I can' t say right now ... I'm not going to say anything about that."), and "I go to Florida the 15th of January, and then Tennessee the 19th." This one still looks like a Michigan OSU battle. He made an unofficial visit to Michigan for the Washington game. He is The Insiders' #13 prospect, and has been selected to the final roster of the US Army All-Star Game in San Antonio in January.
(8) Running back/linebacker Tony Hunt (6-2, 225 lbs., Maryland camp stats: 4.52 in the 40, 28 reps of 185 lbs., 33-inch vertical jump) from Alexandria, Vir., T. C. Williams. On Dec. 17 he told us, "Jason Avant was my host. The best part of the visit was hanging out with players ... we hung out with Obi (Oluigbo), and with quite a few of the other guys on the team. I met with Coach Carr -- he told me I had a scholarship offer. I'm going to take the rest of my visits ... to UVA, Penn State, and Maryland. Maryland Dec. 20, Penn State Jan. 17, UVA, Jan. 24. So I'll be deciding late." Hunt visited USC Nov. 29 with his coach (a Trojan alum) and made a 'soft' commitment. He is also considering PSU (the TC Williams AD is the brother of PSU coach Larry Johnson). For the season he rushed for 1100 yards (on 200 carries) and 12 touchdowns.
(9) Defensive end Michael Brown (6-3 1/2, 220 lbs., 4.8 in the 40, 2.5 GPA/16 ACT) from Palm Beach Gardens, Fla. On Dec. 18 his coach told us, "We talked about his Michigan visit last weekend. He really enjoyed it. He was very impressed with things up there. Coach Carr confirmed a scholarship offer to him while he was there. I'd say it's Michigan and Virginia Tech for him right now. The in-home visits are very important to his parents. Right now he has two visits set in January, to Boston College (Jan. 24) and Central Florida (Jan 17). He may or may not take those visits, depending on when Michigan coaches make their in-home visit and what things look like at that point to him and his family (note: Virginia Tech has already made their in-home visit). Michael is a true defensive end, and that's what he will play in college." This season Brown made 112 tackles for his 6-3 team.
- Did NOT visit: All-American linebacker/defensive end Claude Turk McBride (Dec. 13 visit, 6-4, 235 lbs., 4.6 in the 40, 3.2 GPA/780 SAT) from Camden, New Jersey, Woodrow Wilson. He is TheInsiders' #34 prospect. He has visited Tennessee (Oct. 26) and Ohio State (Nov. 23 for the U-M game) -- and Miami (Jan. 17) may be his favorite. He may reschedule U-M for January.
Dec. 13-15 Official Visit Weekend Wrap-Up
The Michigan Insider Top Stories
Tory Carter says Harbaugh “a Great Coach”Leesburg (Ga.) Lee County fullback prospect Tory Carter may be committed to LSU, but Jim Harbaugh and Michigan are working hard to change that.
The Michigan InsiderYesterday at 4:35 PM
Michigan Still #1 with Otis ReeseThe Michigan Insider made it to the Peach State last Friday where we saw Leesburg (Ga.) Lee County and 2018 Wolverine commit Otis Reese suffer their first loss of the season.…
The Michigan InsiderYesterday at 3:40 PM
TMI Highlights: Baron BrowningCheckout exclusive highlights of Kennedale (Texas) 2017 OLB Baron Browning.
The Michigan InsiderYesterday at 9:15 AM
Brad Hawkins Details If He Is A U-M CommitBrad Hawkins signed with Michigan in February but is at Suffield (Conn.) Academy. What did he tell Scout about his commitment status?
Scout FootballYesterday at 4:31 AM