There were approximately 300 juniors performing in the US Army All-Star Junior Combine, run by former Buffalo Bills receiver Don Beebe. As usual with combines, it is virtually impossible to tell who was who, as there was no means whatsoever of identifying kids. Fortunately, your GBW team was on the lookout for the top Midwest kids whose faces we already know. And we spotted several.
1. Linebacker Marcus Freeman (6-2, 220 lbs.) from Huber Heights, Ohio, Wayne. Freeman ran a 4.6 in the 40 yard dash and an excellent 4.2 in the 20 yard shuttle.
2. Wide receiver Fred Davis (6-4, 200 lbs.) from Toledo, Ohio, Rogers. He ran a 4.5 40 and a 4.24 shuttle.
3. Cornerback Tedd Ginn Jr. (6-1, 175 lbs.) from Cleveland, Ohio, Glenville. Ginn ran a 4.32 40 and a 4.17 shuttle. Tedd's father (Tedd Sr., the Glenville coach) told us, "Tedd loves Ohio State and Michigan. He actually loved Michigan first, along with Tennessee." Tedd Jr. looks more 14-15 years old than 16-17, and has grown at least an inch since we saw him with teammates Donte Whitner and Dareus Hiley at U-M this fall.
4. Linebacker Eric Andino (6-4, 215 lbs.) from Arlington Heights, Illinois, Buffalo Grove. He ran a 4.7 in the 440. His teammate Tommy Zbikowski is a top prospect this year.
5. Defensive end Allen Branch (6-6, 280 lbs.) from Albuquerque, New Mexico, Cibola. Okay, he's from the 'southwestern-Midwest', but we just liked this kid.
As usual, photos to come!
We sat and put our heads together with Tom Lemming regarding the Prescott Burgess story and other things this morning. Click the link below to read what Lemming told us.
Lemming on Burgess
US Army Day Three (Sunday morning)
The Michigan Insider Top Stories
Podcast: Decision on the Horizon for JohnsThe verdict on where 2018 East Lansing (Mich.) forward Brandon Johns will wind up will be announced Thursday at 1 PM EST. Before word of that commitment announcement was released…
The Michigan Insider4:21 PM
Runyan Jr. enjoys 'being in the mix'Michigan's Jon Runyan Jr. enjoys "being in the mix" on the offensive line entering his third season at U-M.
The Michigan Insider4:01 PM
Jeter adjusting to speed of college gameTrue freshman defensive lineman Donovan Jeter discusses his adjustment to the college game and the depth of the defensive line.
The Michigan Insider11:26 AM
Ellis catches U-M's attention during campOne of the top performers during Michigan's Elite Prospect camp last week, Walter Ellis hopes to show the U-M coaching staff more during the month of July.
The Michigan Insider5:22 AM