There were approximately 300 juniors performing in the US Army All-Star Junior Combine, run by former Buffalo Bills receiver Don Beebe. As usual with combines, it is virtually impossible to tell who was who, as there was no means whatsoever of identifying kids. Fortunately, your GBW team was on the lookout for the top Midwest kids whose faces we already know. And we spotted several.
1. Linebacker Marcus Freeman (6-2, 220 lbs.) from Huber Heights, Ohio, Wayne. Freeman ran a 4.6 in the 40 yard dash and an excellent 4.2 in the 20 yard shuttle.
2. Wide receiver Fred Davis (6-4, 200 lbs.) from Toledo, Ohio, Rogers. He ran a 4.5 40 and a 4.24 shuttle.
3. Cornerback Tedd Ginn Jr. (6-1, 175 lbs.) from Cleveland, Ohio, Glenville. Ginn ran a 4.32 40 and a 4.17 shuttle. Tedd's father (Tedd Sr., the Glenville coach) told us, "Tedd loves Ohio State and Michigan. He actually loved Michigan first, along with Tennessee." Tedd Jr. looks more 14-15 years old than 16-17, and has grown at least an inch since we saw him with teammates Donte Whitner and Dareus Hiley at U-M this fall.
4. Linebacker Eric Andino (6-4, 215 lbs.) from Arlington Heights, Illinois, Buffalo Grove. He ran a 4.7 in the 440. His teammate Tommy Zbikowski is a top prospect this year.
5. Defensive end Allen Branch (6-6, 280 lbs.) from Albuquerque, New Mexico, Cibola. Okay, he's from the 'southwestern-Midwest', but we just liked this kid.
As usual, photos to come!
We sat and put our heads together with Tom Lemming regarding the Prescott Burgess story and other things this morning. Click the link below to read what Lemming told us.
Lemming on Burgess
US Army Day Three (Sunday morning)
The Michigan Insider Top Stories
Bush Jr. is having more 'fun' this springDevin Bush Jr. is having more "fun" in his second year at Michigan this spring.
The Michigan Insider1:05 PM
Harbaugh Recaps First Rome PracticeMichigan coach Jim Harbaugh recaps first Rome practice, thoughts on the facilities and the NFL Draft.
The Michigan Insider10:20 AM
Wangler says football is a priority in ItalyMichigan fifth-year senior Jack Wangler says football is still on the mind of his team during the Italy trip.
The Michigan Insider10:10 AM
Hudson talks improving on spring performanceMichigan VIPER Khaleke Hudson discusses his transition to a new position.
The Michigan Insider9:47 AM
Newsome 'loss for words' after meeting PopeMichigan's Grant Newsome says he was at a "loss for words" after meeting Pope Francis.
The Michigan Insider6:12 AM