Visiting Michigan this weekend:
- Michigan commitment tight end/offensive lineman Adam Kraus (no official visit set, 2002 Michigan camper, 6-6, 275 lbs., 4.9 in the 40, 300-lb. bench press, strong student) from New Orleans Brother Martin.
Making a visit elsewhere this weekend:
- All-American linebacker Shawn Crable (Dec. 13 official visit, 2002 Michigan camper, 6-6, 225 lbs., 4.74 in the 40, 10.8 100 meters, 2.8 GPA/15 ACT) from Massillon, Ohio, Washington. Making his final visit to Pitt this weekend. Coach Herrmann was at his school Jan. 16. He has also visited OSU, USC and Miami. Pitt, Michigan and USC are the finalists for Tom Lemming's #59 prospect.
- All-American wide receiver/cornerback Antonio Cromartie (Jan 10 official visit, 6-4, 200 lbs., 4.4 in the 40, 10.7 100 meters, 2.5 GPA) from Tallahassee, Fla., Lincoln. TheInsiders's #28 prospect visits Florida this weekend (Jan. 17), then Miami (Jan. 24) and Florida State (Jan. 31). Florida or Florida State may be the leader. Cromartie has relatives in Michigan.
All-American defensive lineman Carnell Stewart (Jan. 31 official visit, 6-5, 290 lbs., 4.8 in the 40, 415-lb. bench press, 2.8 GPA) from River Ridge, Louisiana, John Curtis Christian. The Insiders' #74 prospect is visiting LSU this Jan. 17 weekend. His Michigan in-school visit (with Coach Carr and Coach Jackson) was the morning of Jan. 16 -- he WILL visit U-M on Jan. 24 or 31. His 5th visit will be Oklahoma or Miami. On Jan. 5 he told us, "My coach is okay with (me possible going North). I have family in Minnesota. I've been in winter weather before." He has already visited Colorado, where his cousin Kordell Stewart played.
- All-American defensive back Paul Oliver (6-0, 180 lbs., 4.42 in the 40) from Kennesaw, Georgia, Harrison is committed to Georgia, but received a Michigan in-home visit Jan. 15. Afterward TheInsiders' #23 prospect told us, "Well ... I am still committed to Georgia. I make my official visit there this weekend. [But he added] Michigan isn't out of it, I wouldn't say that. You know, I love Michigan, and I loved my Michigan visit." If he switches to Michigan it'll be a 'Signing Day Surprise'.
Not making a visit this weekend, but not finished visiting:
- Running back/linebacker Tony Hunt (Dec. 13 official visit, 6-2, 225 lbs., Maryland camp stats: 4.52 in the 40, 28 reps of 185 lbs., 33-inch vertical jump) from Alexandria, Vir., T. C. Williams. Actually ... he is not making a visit this weekend - he cancelled Virginia. But he visits PSU next weekend. His uncle told us on Jan. 15 that, "My gut ... it's Michigan and PSU." Others have it as U-M and Maryland. Regardless, Michigan may lead. Hunt visited USC Nov. 29 with his coach (a Trojan alum) and made a 'soft' commitment (but USC has commitments from running backs Reggie Bush and LenDale White now). He has a PSU connection as well -- the TC Williams AD is the brother of PSU coach Larry Johnson. For the season Hunt rushed for 1200 yards (on 200 carries) and 12 touchdowns.
- All-American outside linebacker/defensive end Kirston Pittman (Dec. 6 oficial visit, 6-4, 235 lbs., 4.5 in the 40) from Reserve, Louisiana, East St. John High (just west of New Orleans). He visits Miami Jan. 24, and LSU Jan. 31. Michigan made its in-home visit Jan. 15. TheInsiders #56 prospect has also visited Texas and Florida. On Jan. 16 he told us, "All the schools (visited) so far are so good, they are all tied. It's going to be hard to pick one. I have two visits to go, Miami and LSU." Shontee Orr leaving for the NFL may help here.
Finished with Official Visits:
- All-American linebacker Lamarr Woodley (Dec. 6 official visit, MSU Nike stats: 6-1 1/2, 250 lbs., 4.0 in the shuttle; 4.72 in the 40, 4.0 in the shuttle, 29-inch vertical jump, 315-lb. bench press, 2.9 GPA/16 ACT) from Saginaw, Mich. He is The Insiders' #2 prospect. On Jan. 15 his coach told us, "Coach Carr will come in next week when he can make a day of it, come to the school, watch Lamarr play basketball, and go into the home. We will let you and some other media know on February fourth, and then Lamarr and Jerome Jackson will have a press conferenceat school to announce their decisions on the morning of the 5th."
- Running back/safety Jerome Jackson (Dec. 6 official visit, MSU Nike stats: 5-11 1/2, 193 lbs. ... 4.45 in the 40, 3.5 GPA/16 ACT) from Saginaw, Mich. On Jan. 6 he told us, "I don't want to give a leader right now -- just that I'm deciding between three schools, Michigan, Purdue, and Minnesota." He and teammate Lamarr Woodley will announce on Signing Day. He has also made official visits to Purdue and Minnesota (for the U-M game), and to Oklahoma Nov. 22 with Lamarr Woodley.
Making Visits This Weekend
The Michigan Insider Top Stories
Surprise Addition to U-M Visit WeekendFive-stars Najee Harris, Donovan Peoples-Jones, and all the other official visitors Michigan was expecting have made it to Ann Arbor. Also in town on a surprise unofficial is…
The Michigan Insider10:42 AM
Wilson eager for west coast return at UCLAMichigan forward D.J. Wilson is ready to show family and friends how much he's progressed in trip at UCLA.
The Michigan Insider10:15 AM
Watch: Walton Jr. previews UCLA tripMichigan will have it's hands full Saturday night at UCLA, especially with star point guard Lonzo Ball.
The Michigan Insider9:59 AM
Collins Adds to List of FavoritesMichigan, Alabama, and Georgia have been in a holding pattern atop the leaderboard for Pinson (Ala.) Clay-Chalkville wideout Nico Collins. Recently, though, he decided to add two…
The Michigan InsiderYesterday at 11:07 AM