Junior Running backs
- Jakouri Williams (5-11, 180 lbs., 4.35 in the 40) from Plaquimine, La. The 2002 U-M camper told us, "Right now Michigan is my number one choice. But that's not for sure. There are a few schools other schools I like too, Miami and Florida, and the home school, LSU." Michigan offered him a scholarship at the 202 U-M camp. As a junior he ran for 1,470 yards (12.2 yards per carry) and 28 touchdowns. With Williams at RB Palquemine finished10-0 each of the past two years in the regular season and 22-2 overall. Williams is one of MaxEmfingerRecruiting.com's early seven Junior All-American Running Backs.
- Andrew Johnson (6-0, 190 lbs., 4.4 in the 40) from Pittsburgh, Pa., North Hills (transfer from Catholic Central). As a sophomore he ran for 1,690 yards and scored 23 touchdowns despite missing two games due to an ankle injury. In his junior year, he suffered a high ankle sprain in the second game of the season, and was limited to running for 700 yards and eight touchdowns. We asked Ryan Mundy recently about Johnson: "He's real fast. In my first indoor track meet this winter I finished second to Andrew in the 55 meter dash. Yeah, we are best friends. But I won't really try to convince him to come to Michigan. Steve (Breaston) didn't do that with me -- he waited until after I made my decision and then filled me in on why it was the best choice." Johnson is one of MaxEmfingerRecruiting.com's early seven Junior All-American Running Backs.
- Greg Coleman (6-0, 205 lbs., 4.5 in the 40) from Iowa City, Iowa, West. In mid-Feb. he told HeartlandRecruiting.com, "Michigan just sort of showed up to the front door of our school and offered me a scholarship. That was very cool. I was not expecting it at all." In 2002, he had 2,105 yards rushing and 25 touchdowns. As a defensive end, Coleman made 92 tackles and had 16 sacks. He also just qualified for the state wrestling tournament, in the 189-lb. class. Johnson is one of MaxEmfingerRecruiting.com's early top 10 Tailbacks.
- Justin Hoskins (6-0, 195 lbs., 4.35 in the 40, 330-lb. bench press, 3.0 GPA) from Grand Rapids, Mich., Creston. His coach told Jim S, "He said something to me about possibly liking Michigan and Notre Dame, but he also mentioned Purdue and an openness to going south. Michigan is aware of him. He has no offers yet." As a junior he rushed 202 times for 1,613 yards (8.0 avg.) and 18 touchdowns in 10 games. Justin won the Division 1 state championship in the long jump as a sophomore with a leap of 23-0.75.
- Raymond Williams (6-0, 180 lbs.) from Cleveland, Oh., Benedictine. He ran for 3,250 (not a typo!) yards his junior season.
- Pernell Williams (5-11, 185 lbs., 4.5 in the 40, 2.5 GPA) from Dayton, Oh., Jefferson. He has an MSU offer, but U-M is reportedly his childhood favorite. He rushed for 1200 yards during his sophomore year and 900 more his junior season. He has transferred from Dayton Chaminade-Julienne.
- DeMarcus Laury (5-10, 205 lbs., 4.5 in the 40) from Saginaw, Michigan. Lamarr Woodley's cousin. He may be a better DB prospect than RB.
- Daryl Graham (5-9, 185 lbs., 4.45 in the 40, 2.8 GPA) from Detroit, Mich., DePorres. As a junior he rushed for 1784 yards (9.5 yards per carry) and 23 touchdowns. He attended the OSU basketball game Junior Day.
Toward A Best Guess List: Running Backs
The Michigan Insider Top Stories
Jabrill Peppers named Heisman finalistMichigan's versatile linebacker Jabrill Peppers was named a Heisman finalist on Monday.
The Michigan Insider4:03 PM
JKP on U-M commitment, message to ThomasDetroit (Mich.) Cass Tech's Jaylen Kelly-Powell reflects on Michigan commitment, his message to Ambry Thomas and more.
The Michigan Insider9:30 AM
Speight: Orange Bowl has magnitudeDespite not achieving the goals set forth at the beginning of the season, Michigan quarterback Wilton Speight sees the opportunity the Orange Bowl presents his team later this…
The Michigan InsiderYesterday at 4:29 PM
U-M loses CFP 'Opportunity,' focused on FSUMichigan players admit lost College Football Playoff "opportunity," look forward to FSU.
The Michigan InsiderYesterday at 4:21 PM
Michigan to face FSU in Orange BowlNo. 6 Michigan to take on No. 11 Florida State in the Capital One Orange Bowl on Dec. 30.
The Michigan InsiderYesterday at 11:42 AM