- You quickly notice how Hasahn French uses his left hand to get to the other side of the rim after moving around bigs.
- Love his physical contact made inside after a power dribble as he displaces the defender and then quickly gets to the other side of the rim.
- Physical attack to the basket is done with determination as French looks like he will go at anything in his path to the goal.
- The handles on the break was something I did not expect to see.
- Is left handed but there are examples of him using his right hand to finish as well. Looks comfortable using it.
- Twice used the crossover to get to the cup for a finger roll and the best sign is that French used it to separate going right to left, and left to right.
- Video opens with French dunking in highlight style
- We then get another example of French using his crossover to attack a bigger defender from the arc and get to the rim for an explosive finish
- A lot more comfortable running the floor than I expected and based on highlights it seems like he is very active off the ball (watching a full game video would be better to know that of course).
- First look at his perimeter jumper shows a clean looking left-handed touch and word is French shot the ball fairly well at the arc as a high school junior. Not something he did often, but French took a couple threes a game last year.
- There is a behind the back change of direction attack into a dunk that I did not expect either. This guy is more than a bruiser it seems as he’s definitely comfortable facing up and attacking from 17 feet.
- A couple more jumpers were made. Like the release and form up top, feet seem different in every attempt though.
- Used a hesitation dribble against a wing to get to the rim for another dunk. Not only is he more comfortable facing than expected French seems to have several moves he can go to.
- More examples of him going to his right hand and completing plays on the move.
- Expected most of the baskets to be physical battles around the hoop but there were several examples of face-up attacks including a hesitation dribble, the spin move, behind the back change of direction into a score, and crossover
- Highlights of French this year playing in the EYBL
- French played with two five star talents and a top 40 kid so the majority of his attempts with the PSA Cardinals were off the ball movement stuff like putbacks, floor runs, and off ball cuts.
- Video opens with French getting to rebounds on three separate occasions. He led PSA in rebounding.
- In the fourth frame, French rebounding, I liked how Hasahn pushed his teammate into help position defensively as it obviously shows that French has a knowledge of it and wasn’t just a backside bystander.
- Four active baskets in a row were displayed, two with right hand finishes in traffic and two with left hand finishes. All were relentless worker baskets.
- Loved the blocks late in the video that were help-side protection blocks as French moved actively on defense.
- Video ends with French going with his left to right crossover to the rim.