2) As he did during Tuesday's practice, true freshman quarterback Dylan Favre had another outstanding day. During the six series he was in, he led his team to 5 scores, including three of his own TD runs and TD passes to two other freshmen, Jameon Lewis and Brandon Hill. Hill made an outstanding catch in the endzone on a pass that was slightly overthrown by Favre. With a defender on him, he reached high in the air, tipped the ball then grabbed it for a TD in the endzone. Dylan was 15-of-20. Dylan's favorite target was true freshman Jameon Lewis, who caught 5 passes, including a TD pass. True freshman Robert Johnson, sophomore Adrian Marcus and Brandon Hill caught two passes apiece. Redshirt freshman Sam Williams and sophomore Allen Tolbert caught one pass each as did a couple of other receivers who didn't have numbers on their jerseys.
3) Not only did he show good hands but freshman TE Brandon Hill also had quite a few very solid blocks during the scrimmage. Brandon is a player to keep an eye on next season.
4) Redshirt freshman quarterback Tyler Russell also played well, leading his team to two touchdowns during the four series he played and completing 9 of 16 pass attempts. One of the two touchdowns was a TD pass from Tyler to true freshman Malcolm Johnson. Malcolm Johnson was Tyler's favorite target, catching three of four passes thrown his way. Tyler also completed passes to true freshman Michael Carr (2 passes), junior Kendrick Cook (1 pass), sophomore Sylvester Hemphill (1 pass), redshirt freshman Ricco Sanders (1 pass) and another pass to a walk-on I'm not sure the name of.
5) On the ground, junior Robert Elliott (6 carries, 1 TD) and true freshman Nick Griffin (5 carries) had good scrimmages. On one run, Griffin showed exceptional power, moving the stack of defenders about 5 yards before they could bring him down.
6) Defensively, sophomore defensive end Trevor Stigers had a good scrimmage rushing the passer. Redshirt freshman linebacker Deontae Skinner performed well, recording at least one sack and two losses behind the line of scrimmage. Junior Jeffrey Howie had a few tackles as well as a fumble recovery. True freshman cornerback Jamerson Love caused a fumble and sophomore Louis Watson intercepted a pass.
6) Junior cornerbacks Damien Anderson and Marvin Bure both broke up a pass. True freshman cornerback Jay Hughes also appeared to have a good day covering his man.
7) This doesn't show in the stats, but Favre was really good at scrambling out of the pocket, then making a good pass or run. He showed really good speed running around the corners.
8) As has been mentioned throughout the fall by the coaches and players, Jameon Lewis showed exceptional quickness after catching the ball.