1) Southwest ATH Vintavious Cooper – Cooper played quarterback for Southwest the past two seasons, but he led the MACJC this season with 1,273 yards and 11 touchdowns. At 5'9", 200 pounds, Cooper has the speed (4.4) and quickness to really be a threat as a running back in a spread offense.
2) East Mississippi RB Rodriguez Moore - Moore, a freshman, used his outstanding vision and quickness to put up 1,124 yards and six touchdowns in 10 games this season for the Lions.
3) Jones RB Lavoris Powell - Powell is a tough inside runner enough burst to get outside and this season for Jones, the sophomore tailback posted 897 yards and led the conference with 12 touchdowns.
4) Mississippi Gulf Coast RB James Gillum - The Minnesota commit is a hard-charging back who is a tough, downhill runner. This season, Gillum has rung up over 850 yards and seven touchdowns on the ground.
5) Northwest Mississippi RB Teshadi Talton - Even though the freshman isn't the biggest back, he played big, finishing fifth in the conference with 814 yards rushing and also posted three touchdowns on the ground while showing great hands in hauling in 18 receptions for 142 yards and two more scores.
6) Coahoma RB Daveonn Porter - A surprise this year was Porter's productivity as the scat-back posted 793 yards and five touchdowns on the ground for the Tigers.
7) Itawamba RB Keon McGaughy - One of the more physical tailbacks in the country, McGaughy pounded his way to 754 yards and four scores on the ground this season.
8) Holmes RB Ladarius Redditt - Redditt had a solid season for Holmes, grinding out 721 yards and 10 touchdowns for Holmes this season.
9) Hinds RB Jeremy Palmer - At 5'7", 180 pounds, Palmer isn't the biggest back you'll see lined up nowadays, but he plays with hard and grit and managed to post 709 yards and seven touchdowns in 2011.
Copiah-Lincoln RB Joel Davis - Davis runs tough between the tackles, but he has plenty of burst to get outside. In Co-Lin's attack, Davis got a majority of the carries and rushed for 572 yards and one touchdown in 2011.
Top 10 Running Backs: Mississippi Conference
Gene's Page Top Stories
The MSU Maroons Defeat Grays 2-1In the eighth scrimmage of the fall, the Mississippi State baseball Maroon team defeated the Gray team 4-0.
Gene's PageYesterday at 7:09 PM
Vic Schaefer Media DayEach season has pushed the program farther into the spotlight. Now with a veteran team, proven performers, star power, and success on both the SEC and NCAA stages…Lady Bulldog…
Gene's PageYesterday at 5:12 PM
GPTV: Fitzgerald Prepares for HomecomingMississippi State (2-5) will host Samford (6-1) of the FCS this week as the Bulldogs have their annual homecoming event. Quarterback Nick Fitzgerald shared his thoughts on the up…
Gene's PageYesterday at 5:05 PM
Rookie Dogs Raise Year-Two Roundball GoalsThe coach is a year older. His second Mississippi State team? Years younger. Lots of years younger.
Gene's PageYesterday at 2:48 PM