Decision Delayed

A big part of recruiting is time. Sometimes being the first offer can prove to be a big part of the equation. Other times, getting a prospect to prolong the process is a win in and of itself. Auburn, Alabama standout Tyler Pritchett was leaning towards a very early decision, but after an unofficial visit to Starkville, Pritchett's deliberations are on going.

Tyler Pritchett profile

"I was talking about making my decision last Tuesday," Pritchett explained. "We were talking about making the trip to Mississippi State, so I decided to wait. I have a good relationship with Coach (DeShea) Townsend and he wanted me to come and see them before I picked my top five."

It appears that the trip to Starkville has helped the Bulldogs' chances to stay in the race.

"The visit was really good," Pritchett said. "My brothers got the chance to play some video games in the players' lounge, while me and my parents got to talk with Coach (John) Hevesy and Coach Townsend.

"That was one of the best parts of the trip. I had been to games before, but when the game is over, you just go home. This time I got to see everything and hear about what thing would be like if I went there."

The Bulldogs appear to have said some things that struck a positive chord with the Alabama native.

"If I went there, I would play wherever they had a need," Pritchett said. "I have played tackle all of my life and that is what I prefer to play, but if the team needed me to play center, guard or either tackle position, then I would do it."

As the recruiting process continues, more schools appear to be looking to join the competition for Pritchett's signing day signature.

"Florida is supposed to be offering me soon and Georgia is talking about offering me too," Pritchett shared. "Vanderbilt has talked about an offer too. I have 16 or 17 offers right now, but I have a lot of SEC schools talking about offering me this week or next."

With more suitors joining the fray and the Mississippi State Bulldogs making a case of inclusion in Pritchett's list of favorites, talk of a quick commitment are now on hold.

"I am not sure when I am going to decide now," Pritchett said. "I would like to get it done before my senior year, but if I am not ready, then I am not going to rush it. I will take all of the time I need to be sure about everything. It's a big decision and I want to take my time to make the best decision for myself."

Gene's Page Top Stories