1) The team ERA for the 3-scrimmage weekend was 6.90.
2) The team batting average was .295.
3) There were 8 errors committed during the three scrimmages, 2 by shortstops, 2 by third basemen, 1 by a pitcher, 1 by an outfielder, 1 by a catcher and 1 by a first baseman.
4) 18 pitchers threw during the weekend. Of the eighteen, seventeen topped out at 90 or above.
5) The top velo was recorded by junior RHP Dakota Hudson at 95. He was followed closely by freshman LHP Ethan Small who topped out at 94.
6) Many of you have asked about what bats the hitters are using this season. In the three scrimmages two type bats were used, Louisville Slugger and Rawlings. So, how did the hitters do with each bat? You can read that in my next comment, which is located on the Gene's Page Baseball forum. See the link below.
Gene Swindoll, Gene's Page
25 observations from the Mississippi State Baseball scrimmages
Gene's Page Top Stories
2020 RHP/INF Dylan Ray Has SEC InterestBob Jones (AL) High School class of 2020 RHP/Infielder Dylan Ray has recently attended camps at Alabama and Mississippi State and has come away with offers from both.
Gene's PageYesterday at 2:22 PM
#4 Ladydogs Take On Tide ThursdayVic Schaefer’s scheme for success is stay humble and stay hungry. His Lady Bulldogs are hearing it again this week, because “Being humble and being hungry can take you a long way.”
Gene's PageYesterday at 1:05 PM
Bulldogs Add 2018 BeefMississippi State coaches are on the road looking to find the final pieces of the 2017 recruiting puzzle. Earlier today, the Bulldogs took a big step both figuratively and…
Gene's PageYesterday at 12:36 PM
Dogs Fall Short 88-81 to #5 KentuckyMississippi State couldn’t quite give Kentucky all they could handle. The Bulldogs did show enough against this #5-ranked opponent to signal they will be increasingly hard to…
Gene's PageTuesday at 8:11 PM