1) The team ERA for the 3-scrimmage weekend was 6.90.
2) The team batting average was .295.
3) There were 8 errors committed during the three scrimmages, 2 by shortstops, 2 by third basemen, 1 by a pitcher, 1 by an outfielder, 1 by a catcher and 1 by a first baseman.
4) 18 pitchers threw during the weekend. Of the eighteen, seventeen topped out at 90 or above.
5) The top velo was recorded by junior RHP Dakota Hudson at 95. He was followed closely by freshman LHP Ethan Small who topped out at 94.
6) Many of you have asked about what bats the hitters are using this season. In the three scrimmages two type bats were used, Louisville Slugger and Rawlings. So, how did the hitters do with each bat? You can read that in my next comment, which is located on the Gene's Page Baseball forum. See the link below.
Gene Swindoll, Gene's Page
25 observations from the Mississippi State Baseball scrimmages
Gene's Page Top Stories
Dogs Two Wins from First SEC CrownMississippi State has never won any women’s team sport SEC Championship. The one which counts most is two wins away for Lady Bulldog basketball.
Gene's PageYesterday at 1:00 PM
Gray Guns Into Senior Spring SeasonYeah, yeah. Donald Gray has made all the mandatory back-to-campus rounds. Head coach, position coach, strength staff, trainers, academic team, everyone a student-athlete must meet…
Gene's PageYesterday at 8:18 AM
Who Won Mississippi?When looking at the Mississippi high school football players that signed over the past month and stayed in Mississippi I wanted to assess which Mississippi university won the state…
Gene's PageYesterday at 4:19 AM
GPTV: State Falls in OT to Rebels 87-82Getting it to overtime was dramatic and all. What happened in the extra period was a complete Bulldog letdown.
Gene's PageTuesday at 10:00 PM
GPTV: I.J. Ready and Mario KeglerGPTV: Mississippi State basketball players I.J. Ready and Mario Kegler talk about their team's loss to Ole Miss.
Gene's PageTuesday at 9:50 PM