1) The team ERA for the 3-scrimmage weekend was 6.90.
2) The team batting average was .295.
3) There were 8 errors committed during the three scrimmages, 2 by shortstops, 2 by third basemen, 1 by a pitcher, 1 by an outfielder, 1 by a catcher and 1 by a first baseman.
4) 18 pitchers threw during the weekend. Of the eighteen, seventeen topped out at 90 or above.
5) The top velo was recorded by junior RHP Dakota Hudson at 95. He was followed closely by freshman LHP Ethan Small who topped out at 94.
6) Many of you have asked about what bats the hitters are using this season. In the three scrimmages two type bats were used, Louisville Slugger and Rawlings. So, how did the hitters do with each bat? You can read that in my next comment, which is located on the Gene's Page Baseball forum. See the link below.
Gene Swindoll, Gene's Page
25 observations from the Mississippi State Baseball scrimmages
Gene's Page Top Stories
Class of 2018 4-Star SF Robert Woodard UpdateColumbus (MS) High School class of 2018 4-star prospect Robert Woodard camped at the Marc Rowe basketball camp this past weekend. He sat down and talked one-on-one with Gene's Page…
Gene's PageYesterday at 5:02 PM
Stricklin Reported Taking Gator Job TuesdayWhat was to be a nice quiet bye-week for Bulldogs got noisy fast Monday. Reports from Gainesville are Mississippi State athletic director Scott Stricklin will be announced Tuesday…
Gene's PageYesterday at 2:45 PM
Star DevelopmentYear after year, several SEC programs "out-recruit" Mississippi State landing big-time 4-star and 5-star recruits, yet the Bulldogs still manage to compete with the heavy hitters…
Gene's PageYesterday at 12:08 PM
Someone is Always WatchingWhether you play softball, soccer, volleyball or you dance or cheer, there are younger kids that follow you and aspire to do it too. The little girls at my dance studio were just…
Gene's PageYesterday at 11:59 AM
Williams, Ground Game Making GainsAeris Williams walked in wearing a smile. So the easy assumption was, this Bulldog was happy after a team win and a touchdown game for himself. Nope. “I’m always happy,” Williams…
Gene's PageYesterday at 10:26 AM