1) The team ERA for the 3-scrimmage weekend was 6.90.
2) The team batting average was .295.
3) There were 8 errors committed during the three scrimmages, 2 by shortstops, 2 by third basemen, 1 by a pitcher, 1 by an outfielder, 1 by a catcher and 1 by a first baseman.
4) 18 pitchers threw during the weekend. Of the eighteen, seventeen topped out at 90 or above.
5) The top velo was recorded by junior RHP Dakota Hudson at 95. He was followed closely by freshman LHP Ethan Small who topped out at 94.
6) Many of you have asked about what bats the hitters are using this season. In the three scrimmages two type bats were used, Louisville Slugger and Rawlings. So, how did the hitters do with each bat? You can read that in my next comment, which is located on the Gene's Page Baseball forum. See the link below.
Gene Swindoll, Gene's Page
25 observations from the Mississippi State Baseball scrimmages
Gene's Page Top Stories
Hoover Thursday NotebookHOOVER – Brent Rooker’s chase of the SEC batting triple crown continued with more positive steps Thursday. Small, and not in the category where he’s likely to be challenged most…
Gene's PageYesterday at 4:39 PM
Comeback Club Suits Cannizaro's StyleHOOVER -- The coach called it incredible. What Andy Cannizaro didn’t call Mississippi State’s 4-3 win over Arkansas was surprising. Because, it isn't.
Gene's PageYesterday at 2:59 PM
Dogs Rally Past Hogs 4-3HOOVER – The Bulldogs had ‘em right where they wanted ‘em all along.
Gene's PageYesterday at 1:40 PM
MSU Baseball Stadium Project OverviewThis article is the first of a seven-part series of articles about the new Mississippi State baseball stadium (Polk-DeMent Stadium/Dudy Noble Field) that is being built over a two…
Gene's PageYesterday at 4:34 AM
Hoover Wednesday Win NotebookHOOVER – The race won’t end until season’s end for all contestants. Post-season statistics count in baseball after all. Still Brent Rooker did the cause good in his first post…
Gene's PageWednesday at 3:18 PM