1. Trace Clopton – Brookhaven HS – Brookhaven has division-one players all over the field, and Clopton is no different. The center currently has seven division-one offers. Last season Clopton won the most valuable offensive lineman in the region, and made first team all-state in the 5A region. Clopton is a very team-oriented guy. He made it very clear he is excited as ever to have the opportunity to play college football, but his focus is squarely on his team right now. Bringing the state title home for Brookhaven is the mission for the talented center. As of now, all schools that have offered (Southern Miss, Marshall, Louisiana-Lafayette, Tulane, South Alabama, Coastal Carolina, and Central Arkansas) are even according to Clopton.
2. Kwatrivious “Dollar Bill” Johnson – Greenwood HS – The massive 6-foot-8, 360-pound Mississippi State commit is a man amongst boys up front. The potential upside for Johnson is really incredible at his size. Johnson maintains a solid commitment to the Bulldogs. Mississippi State was the only offer Johnson needed to know his recruitment would be finished. Scout has him ranked as a three-star and the top offensive tackle in the state. It’s safe to say Johnson’s better days lay ahead when he begins to shed some of the body fat and learn the position more in college.
3. Nik Hogan – Northwest Rankin HS – Hogan, who moved over from tight end to offensive tackle after his sophomore season is obviously an athletic offensive lineman. As of now, he is a little undersized at 6-foot-5, 260-pounds, but what he lacks in size he makes up for with his ability to move on the edge. As of now, Hogan holds offers from Mississippi State, Tulane, Arkansas State, Louisiana-Lafayette, UTSA, Louisiana-Monroe, South Alabama and Southern Miss. Mississippi State led for the athletic three-star offensive tackle at one point during his recruitment. Many other big schools like Florida, LSU, Notre Dame, Ole Miss and Arkansas are currently evaluating Hogan.
4. Kameron Jones – Starkville HS – Jones plays in the Bulldogs backyard at Starkville High School. The 6-foot-5, 280-pound offensive tackle has six offers currently (Memphis, Louisiana Tech, Marshall, Southern Miss, Southeast Missouri State, and MTSU). He has not attended many camps, but the one he did was a successful one as he won an all-combine award. For now, Memphis and LSU are recruiting the Starkville native the hardest. LSU has yet to offer, but are on the verge of doing so soon according to Jones. Mississippi State is another offer the hometown kid would really like.
5. Hayden Burton – Parklane Academy – Burton is a 6-foot-6, 305-pound offensive lineman that currently holds four offers. Jackson State is his only FBS offer, but teams like Texas State, Southern Miss, and Louisiana-Lafayette are on the verge of pulling the trigger soon. Southern Miss in particular is a school the offensive tackle would really like an opportunity at as of now. Burton was named to the All-MAIS team, and first-team all-conference last year. Burton’s biggest want is a state championship for his team his senior year.
6. Cole Smith – Pontotoc HS – Smith, a 6-foot-4, 275-pound center is committed to the LSU Tigers. Rated as the number one center in the state, Smith has received ten offers to date. Many schools are after him such as Oregon, Southern Miss, Marshall and more, but the three-star remains solidly committed. Smith has also been invited to the 2018 Under Armour All-American game. According to Smith, his main focus this upcoming senior year is to have great team success, and become the top-rated offensive linemen in the state.